Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:45 PM   #2641
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
It's a patented air freshener - I know someone has the info...

MOST of us here love it...

But you have to like florals I guess...

I sorta kinda just ordered the dang machine yesterday.

http://www.enviroscent.com/Shop/Accscent-Machines#

I've heard that it's the Green Clover and Aloe so that's the one I ordered. It's the same scent used in the BC. Hopefully it's right-- If not guess I'll be making a few more orders to try to get the right one.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #2642
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eromzek View Post
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Yes, it is due to a discount being offered for a queen deluxe room, but not for a king deluxe room (likely because the # of King deluxe rooms allotted for the discount are already booked)

It sounds like overall, the king deluxe is the best option. I really want to spare the $1000.. but if the view is less, and the 'romantic atmosphere' is lacking, maybe I should keep the king. I am the cheapest person on the planet and cannot believe I'm airing on the side of paying more for the King Deluxe.. but the honeymoon is a once in a lifetime trip and I really want it to be absoluely the best possible.

Any other thoughts from anyone? Am I an idiot here? lol
It's especially hard to pull this trigger having never stayed in either of these rooms (and not knowing the DVC construction / view situation)
If the issue is the king deluxe being booked at the discounted price, I would continue to check daily until you snag it. I have done this many, many times - just keep watching the website until you see it pop up and call. People cancel all the time. Or, if the Visa discount does not show up online (I don't look for that one), call every day. The price difference is definitely worth the time.

Did you check out the photos of the two room categories on page 1 of this thread? That might help you in your decision.

We've enjoyed both rooms, but I have to admit, the octagonal deluxe king is my favorite room on Disney property. So, I guess I would say NO, I don't think you are being an idiot.

Keep in mind, all of the octagonal rooms will have some view of the DVC construction. Due to the wrap around windows, even the 3 with a castle/fireworks view have a side view of the beach pool, DVC, Poly, etc. The rectangular king deluxe on the second floor are located over Gasparilla's, and therefore will not have any view of the construction.

Quote:

I do, I do!! Can't get enough of the Grand smell, and I'm sensitive to strong smells in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

I've heard that it's the Green Clover and Aloe so that's the one I ordered. It's the same scent used in the BC. Hopefully it's right-- If not guess I'll be making a few more orders to try to get the right one.
Oooh, exciting! I've heard it is the Green Clover & Aloe, too, although I've never noticed the GF and BC lobbies smelling the same. Good luck, let us know if it is the right scent!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #2643
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Dry Cleaning?

Has anyone used dry cleaning services at the GF?

I'll be there for a conference presentation (and some family fun) then going to another business event the following week. I'll need to get a couple blouses dry cleaned between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. Is that possible on the weekend?

I know I can call the hotel to verify their hours and turnaround time but I'm wondering if anyone has had good/bad experience with dry cleaning or laundry there.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #2644
princessmocha
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Now I am very curious . . . Is there anything out there that smells like it? I would love to go smell the GF smell before we go . . . To get myself in the mood . . . Not that I need anything to get me more exicted . . . DH says I am already obsessed!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #2645
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
Has anyone used dry cleaning services at the GF?

I'll be there for a conference presentation (and some family fun) then going to another business event the following week. I'll need to get a couple blouses dry cleaned between Friday afternoon and Sunday morning. Is that possible on the weekend?

I know I can call the hotel to verify their hours and turnaround time but I'm wondering if anyone has had good/bad experience with dry cleaning or laundry there.
We've used the laundry quite often, never dry cleaning per se, but the same service. If you get the items to them by 8:00 a.m., they will be returned by 6 p.m. same day, IIRC. I have a laundry slip somewhere on my desk, I'll look it up to be sure.

I can give you some prices, too, if you like. We have only had an issue once with the valet laundry - lost a brand new VS bra, my DD's favorite! They credited us the cost without any complaints, but it was a style that was hard to find. Other than that one time, we have had very good luck with our things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmocha View Post
Now I am very curious . . . Is there anything out there that smells like it? I would love to go smell the GF smell before we go . . . To get myself in the mood . . . Not that I need anything to get me more exicted . . . DH says I am already obsessed!
Many people have posted the Bath & Body Works Green Clover & Aloe is quite similar, but it is a discontinued scent that is not often available. Every so often, it shows up as a special, if you act fast!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #2646
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
We've used the laundry quite often, never dry cleaning per se, but the same service. If you get the items to them by 8:00 a.m., they will be returned by 6 p.m. same day, IIRC. I have a laundry slip somewhere on my desk, I'll look it up to be sure.

I can give you some prices, too, if you like. We have only had an issue once with the valet laundry - lost a brand new VS bra, my DD's favorite! They credited us the cost without any complaints, but it was a style that was hard to find. Other than that one time, we have had very good luck with our things.
That would be so helpful! I'm sure it will be pricey, but cheaper than buying more dress shirts, right?
The timing sounds like it will work but I'm mostly concerned with it being a weekend. If they don't offer same day service on Saturday then I'll be in trouble.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #2647
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Here is what the laundry slip reads:

"Please call housekeeping for valet service. Items received by 8:30 a.m. will be ready by 6:30 p.m."

Section for name of resort, name of guest, room number and date

"Silks, linens, pleats - 50% surcharge" - "Lined - $1" - "minimum charge $5" - "Shirts folded on request + 10% surcharge" - "Press/only 75% dry cleaning charge"

Dry Cleaning

Suits $11.50
3-pc suits $12
Coats $8
Pants $6.50
Jackets $7.50
Overcoats $12.50
Shirts $6.25
Sweaters $7.50
Ties $3.50
Blouses $6.25
Dresses $11.50
Skirts $6.50
Gown/Jumpsuits $20+

There is a separate price list for laundering. HTH!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #2648
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:

".....
SOOOO helpful, thanks! Those prices actually aren't THAT crazy for high end hotel dry cleaning service. Finally an area that's equally overpriced w/o a Disney premium.

Appreciate you going through the trouble to type that up AND for keeping this thread updated. Its been super helpful in over-planning my trip. I actually read through about 60+ pages but had to stop. Can't wait for our visit to the GF, I'm only 40 days out now!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #2649
jd99
DIS Veteran

We just returned from WDW and while we weren't at the GF this time, we had stayed there in January in the middle of pool construction and have 2 nights booked before a cruise in August. We did have dinner at Citricos and stayed around the resort to watch Wishes. We wandered over to the pool area and thought it looked great. We have stayed at gf many times and didn't think that the pool was any smaller. Can't speak to the depth since we didn't go in but I'd be disappointed too if there is no more deep end. The fencing doesn't look nearly as intrusive as it does in photos. It was almost unnoticeable to us. Just my two cents.
: Upcoming: BC August 22 Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #2650
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

That must be in the main building, which smells good...I'm talking about the outer buildings which smell pretty harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

Old 04-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #2651
tommylicious
Earning My Ears

Octagon Room Warning

Anyone considering an Octagon/Tower/Deluxe Room: Be advised that in every outer building, these abut right up against the service bay, and service elevator bay. Starting at 5:30AM thru 2pm, you will hear constant VOOOOOOOOM....BANG!....... BANG!.......VOOOOOOOOOM.....BA-BA-BANG!!!!! KA-BANG!!!! VOOOOOOOOOM.....(you get the idea). Stay away! Not worth the extra space IMO unless you're up that early anyway.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #2652
JaimeA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post
That must be in the main building, which smells good...I'm talking about the outer buildings which smell pretty harsh.
My DH says the outer buildings smell like old lady. I completely understand what you mean, not the same smell as the main building.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #2653
WDWOswald
Mouseketeer

Quote:

"Please call housekeeping for valet service. Items received by 8:30 a.m. will be ready by 6:30 p.m."

Section for name of resort, name of guest, room number and date

"Silks, linens, pleats - 50% surcharge" - "Lined - $1" - "minimum charge $5" - "Shirts folded on request + 10% surcharge" - "Press/only 75% dry cleaning charge"

Dry Cleaning

Suits $11.50
3-pc suits $12
Coats $8
Pants $6.50
Jackets $7.50
Overcoats $12.50
Shirts $6.25
Sweaters $7.50
Ties $3.50
Blouses $6.25
Dresses $11.50
Skirts $6.50
Gown/Jumpsuits $20+

How much does laundry cost? I would love to not do it myself!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #2654
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
SOOOO helpful, thanks! Those prices actually aren't THAT crazy for high end hotel dry cleaning service. Finally an area that's equally overpriced w/o a Disney premium.

Appreciate you going through the trouble to type that up AND for keeping this thread updated. Its been super helpful in over-planning my trip. I actually read through about 60+ pages but had to stop. Can't wait for our visit to the GF, I'm only 40 days out now!
You're welcome! I thought the same about the valet laundry - expensive, but not more so than any other resort.

I can imagine you DID have to stop at 60 pages - yikes! My eyes would be crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
We just returned from WDW and while we weren't at the GF this time, we had stayed there in January in the middle of pool construction and have 2 nights booked before a cruise in August. We did have dinner at Citricos and stayed around the resort to watch Wishes. We wandered over to the pool area and thought it looked great. We have stayed at gf many times and didn't think that the pool was any smaller. Can't speak to the depth since we didn't go in but I'd be disappointed too if there is no more deep end. The fencing doesn't look nearly as intrusive as it does in photos. It was almost unnoticeable to us. Just my two cents.
Thanks for that, it does ease my mind. Can't wait to see for myself in a few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWOswald View Post
How much does laundry cost? I would love to not do it myself!
Well...laundry prices are per piece, so not much better than dry cleaning! I usually do just a few pieces to get us by - like a couple pairs of jeans or a nice shirt or two. Oh, and there's a caveat at the bottom of the page which states "it is at our discretion what items need to be dry cleaned" so I guess if you mark a piece down for laundry and they deem it needs dry cleaning, it will automatically be reverted to the dry cleaning cost. It's never happened to us, so far.

Here is the list (need to get this on the first page!):

Shirts - $5.50
Pants - $6.50
Socks - $2.00
Undershorts/Panties - $2.00
T-shirts - $4.50
Sweatsuit - $7.50
PJs - $6.00
Undershirts/bras - $2.00
Handkerchiefs - $2.00
Blouses - $5.50
Slips - $4.50
Nightgowns - $6.00
Tennis Shorts - $5.00
Knit Shirt - $5.00
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #2655
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommylicious View Post
Anyone considering an Octagon/Tower/Deluxe Room: Be advised that in every outer building, these abut right up against the service bay, and service elevator bay. Starting at 5:30AM thru 2pm, you will hear constant VOOOOOOOOM....BANG!....... BANG!.......VOOOOOOOOOM.....BA-BA-BANG!!!!! KA-BANG!!!! VOOOOOOOOOM.....(you get the idea). Stay away! Not worth the extra space IMO unless you're up that early anyway.
We've stayed in the deluxe rooms in two of the outer buildings (Conch and Big Pine) and have not been disturbed by what was described above. At most, we've heard some clinking glasses on a mousekeeper cart or the vacuum being run in the hallways.

On the other hand.... feel free to be scared away! More availability for my family! (jk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeA View Post
My DH says the outer buildings smell like old lady. I completely understand what you mean, not the same smell as the main building.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
I disagree with this as well. The outer buildings and the main building smelled identical to me as of Aug 2010 (Boca Chica), Mar 2011 (Conch Key), and Mar 2012 (Big Pine Key). Not saying it couldn't have changed, or perhaps we were in different buildings, or that others may not like the smell. However, I think that it smells the same... and lovely.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: