Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #2506
dfielder
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
Hi Doug, we're going in April. Any chance you could post some photos of the pool while you're down there? Sorry, I know that's not why you posted but while you're here . . .
Absolutely! Hopefully it'll be of a pool and not a bunch of walls!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #2507
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom
and pas, my precious friend. <3
I always enjoy your suite adventures!

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #2508
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfielder View Post
Absolutely! Hopefully it'll be of a pool and not a bunch of walls!
You're awesome for doing that! I can't wait to see what it looks like.... I hope it's open for you to enjoy! Have a great trip!!

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
Old 03-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #2509
TinkyCheeks
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! I just wanted to jump in and say thank you so much for such a great, informative thread! We're having our first stay at GF this December, and it's been a windy road to get there. First, we were going to stay at the Poly. Then DH decided that since we might be spending more time in the room with the little one (will be 18 months when we go), we should get a CR TPV room. THEN this weekend he called and changed it to GF SL!

I am SO excited! I love Christmas, and getting to see Disney during the holiday season makes me so happy. But add to it getting to see the GF all dressed up for the holidays...heaven!!

Old 03-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #2510
cgulls
Mouseketeer

For our 8-day, 7-night stay, I'd prefer to not have groceries delivered to the room (though I'm open to a change-of-mind on that idea).

Where, if anywhere, could I grab:

-- apples
-- bananas
-- individual water bottles
-- bagels
-- small containers of peanut butter

Can we buy all or some of those things at Gasparillas? I can find a Gasparillas menu but that shows the prepared items, mostly. Thanks for any help with this.

Last edited by cgulls; 03-14-2013 at 07:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #2511
outahere

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
For our 8-day, 7-night stay, I'd prefer to not have groceries delivered to the room (though I'm open a change-of-mind on that idea).

Where, if anywhere, could I grab:

-- apples
-- bananas
-- individual water bottles
-- bagels
-- small containers of peanut butter

Can we buy all or some of those things at Gasparillas? I can find a Gasparillas menu but that shows the prepared items, mostly. Thanks for any help with this.
I saw everything on your list, but the peanut butter, at Gasparillas. I didn't really look for peanut butter, so they may have it as well. They also had some other baked goods that looked pretty good.

Disney Magic - April, 2004 / EB Panama Canal crossing - August, 2005 / Thanksgiving, 2006 / April, 2009 / February, 2011 / March, 2014
Disney Wonder - September, 2002 / April, 2007 / April, 2008 / Thanksgiving, 2009 / April, 2010
Disney Dream - April, 2011 / August, 2012 / February, 2014
Polynesian CL - August, 2004 / April, 2010 / August, 2010 / October, 2013
Yacht Club CL - August, 2011 / April, 2012 / August, 2012 / August, 2013 / April, 2014 / June, 2014
Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf CL - February, 2013
Wilderness Lodge CL - December, 2013
OKW - February, 2012 / June, 2013
VWL - August, 2006
WDW - offsite, more times than I can count since 1978
S/S Norway - 1984, 1985, 1991
Norwegian Pearl - Alaska - August, 2007
Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #2512
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
I saw everything on your list, but the peanut butter, at Gasparillas. I didn't really look for peanut butter, so they may have it as well. They also had some other baked goods that looked pretty good.
Thank you! I just poked around and found some photos I'd seen before but forgotten about.

http://wdwnt.com/sweeping-renovation...ridian-resort/

This shows peanut butter at Sandy Cove!

For others in a similar situation (one week stay, would like to have some snacks on-hand in the room either to start the day or for afternoon, etc.), do you prefer to buy them as needed or have groceries delivered?
Old 03-14-2013, 10:23 AM   #2513
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

I had to change my reservations from may 28th arrival date to may 30th arrival. We were originally booked for the Contemporary which we've stayed at several times. Well they had only concierge level rooms available at that time and it would cost about $2000 for the two rooms we booked. SO I ended up reserving outer building garden view instead. While I've always wanted to stay here I'm a little nervous. I've got a few questions if anyone could help me please...

1) how far of a walk to the monorail and how far from the quick service are? We love the conscience of getting off the monorail to the elevator and your room is right there as is the beverage station.

2) are the buildings set up like the mods where your room opens to the outside or do they have indoor hallways?

3) do they offer turndown service for the regular (non club level) upon request? I know at the contemporary they do if you request it
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #2514
sydneysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
I had to change my reservations from may 28th arrival date to may 30th arrival. We were originally booked for the Contemporary which we've stayed at several times. Well they had only concierge level rooms available at that time and it would cost about $2000 for the two rooms we booked. SO I ended up reserving outer building garden view instead. While I've always wanted to stay here I'm a little nervous. I've got a few questions if anyone could help me please...

1) how far of a walk to the monorail and how far from the quick service are? We love the conscience of getting off the monorail to the elevator and your room is right there as is the beverage station.

2) are the buildings set up like the mods where your room opens to the outside or do they have indoor hallways?

3) do they offer turndown service for the regular (non club level) upon request? I know at the contemporary they do if you request it

1. We stayed in Big Pine Key and it was literally a 2 minute walk to the main building then take the elevator to the second floor to get the monorail. totally a minor walk (and quite lovely!!) Now, it was a bit out of the way for us to go to Gasparillas to get soda refills, but we did go once a day. It was easier for us to keep soda in our room refrigerator and just go get ice in the building. If we were in a different building, it might not have been that big a deal to go more often.

2. Interior hallways because all the rooms have their own balcony or patio. Again...really lovely, especially when you want some down time. We were fortunate enough to stay on the water, so it was so peaceful. (especially when our DD was napping)

3. We had turndown service each night in the outer building and a newspaper each morning. They put the most wonderful little chocolates on your pillow, which we wound up using to get our DD to wake up! (they were our "smelling salts" each morning!
You don't have to request turndown, they just will come each night. If you're in the room, you can tell them you don't want it, or just let them in. We found that it was done by the time we got back each night. It was really a nice touch, that's for sure.

it's truly a beautiful resort...have a really great time!!!

Old 03-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2515
Rhongepooh
I must ponder this news

Thanks Sydney's mom! One of my daughter's oldest friends is named Sydney!
Old 03-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #2516
sydneysmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhongepooh View Post
Thanks Sydney's mom! One of my daughter's oldest friends is named Sydney!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 AM   #2517
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

This is for anyone who has recently come back from the GF or knows the answer to my question.

What do the refillable mugs look like that are now for sale at Gasparilla's? I'm wondering if they are still the old ones with the beach/pool pictures of Mickey and friends or if they have a new design.

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #2518
lin7
DIS Veteran

I'm at GF right now, they still have the old mugs with Mickey and friends.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #2519
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lin7 View Post
I'm at GF right now, they still have the old mugs with Mickey and friends.
Can you ask about when beach walls will be coming down

Not surprised about the mugs, but prob by May we should be seeing the new mugs start appearing?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 03-16-2013, 08:41 PM   #2520
lin7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Can you ask about when beach walls will be coming down

Not surprised about the mugs, but prob by May we should be seeing the new mugs start appearing?
They never made mention of this, I can ask tomorrow for you.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: