Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #2446
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
Is that where kacsmom's been? LOL

I hear you about this thread, kinda wierd without JC here. But, glad someone broke the silence so I could respond. Thanks pas.

Hopefully we'll be planning a GF trip this year. Doing very well and gaining strength every day. Miracles abound but somewhat bittersweet. Love you all.
Oh my dear friend You've brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad you are getting stronger!!! Our Angel loves you and is watching over you, this I firmly believe. I like to think she has a bit to do with this . I can't recall when the wedding was...I'm gonna have to hunt backwards. I just pray our hostess is well, and just busy with life

How lovely if you could get to the GF soon

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #2447
biggroofy
DIS Veteran

Hi,

Anyone has shipped a parcel before arrival? Wondering which address should be on it. I was told that only FedEX is accepted?
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #2448
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what the difference is between CL Main Bldg and CL Outer Bldg? Obviously the location is a key difference but I am more wondering if there is a difference in services and amenities to justify the price difference.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #2449
toodycat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
Does anyone know what the difference is between CL Main Bldg and CL Outer Bldg? Obviously the location is a key difference but I am more wondering if there is a difference in services and amenities to justify the price difference.
I've stayed at both and the food offerings and services are essentially the same. The difference in price is location.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
Old 03-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #2450
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Oh my dear friend You've brought tears to my eyes! I am so glad you are getting stronger!!! Our Angel loves you and is watching over you, this I firmly believe. I like to think she has a bit to do with this . I can't recall when the wedding was...I'm gonna have to hunt backwards. I just pray our hostess is well, and just busy with life

hi, ladies! it's nice to see you two posting!

i had pm'ed k&a&c'smom a few weeks ago and it sounded as though she's just been busy with life. i'd love to see her post, when she gets some time, though!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #2451
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

We just got back home. It was a great trip. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The courtyard pool was still being worked on when we left this morning. Seems like they are doing some more concrete work. They also put in new palm trees.

The beach is totally gone/blocked off. You can still see some sand from the 2nd story of the main building, but not much. DVC GF is coming together. It will look really good in a couple of months.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #2452
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post

i had pm'ed k&a&c'smom a few weeks ago and it sounded as though she's just been busy with life. i'd love to see her post, when she gets some time, though!
Thank you, pas and Beth!
I've had kacs email forever, it's time to get in touch with her again. I need too anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
We just got back home. It was a great trip. I will post some pictures tomorrow. The courtyard pool was still being worked on when we left this morning. Seems like they are doing some more concrete work. They also put in new palm trees.

The beach is totally gone/blocked off. You can still see some sand from the 2nd story of the main building, but not much. DVC GF is coming together. It will look really good in a couple of months.
Thank you for the update, Chrisrokc! :thumbsup
I love the idea of more palm trees! You can't have too many! LOL
And looking forward to pictures!!!!!! YES! Please post them as we have lost our photographers here!

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 03-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #2453
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post

Welcome home! And congrats on your upgrade. Glad the pool is getting there...sad for the beach but I am sure it will all be Grand when it's completed!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post

Thanks for checking on our hostess It's great to be back here!! When are you celebrating at RPC??? We will be there 8/18-25th in a GV room..I am celebrating 40 next August...but I'd love to buy you a drink at the pool perhaps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggroofy View Post
Hi,

Anyone has shipped a parcel before arrival? Wondering which address should be on it. I was told that only FedEX is accepted?
I think you can ship from any service UPS, USPS, Walmart, Target, etc...the address might be on page 1. I've never done this, but I know lots of peeps have successfully!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM   #2454
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you, pas and Beth!
I've had kacs email forever, it's time to get in touch with her again. I need too anyways.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #2455
Lulu'sMom

Just wanted to add, since GF is a convention resort, there is usually a minimal fee for UPS and FEDEX deliveries. I always went with USPS as they went directly to the desk. Go figure.
But, that may have changed since I've done that, as it's been 3 years.
And I was staying RPC.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #2456
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

It's so good to see some old GF friends pop back in here! The thread has been... slow. I think everyone has missed JC's presence.

PAS--! We will miss each other by a mere 5 days. I think you want to delay your trip.

Chrisroc--- Welcome back! Glad you had a Grand vacation! Would love to see any pictures you can spare!

LuLu'sMom- 2 years ago We were charged $5 for our box that was sent via UPS. It went to the convention site (we were in SL) and it was hard to track it down.
They said if I'd sent it USPS that it would have gone to the front desk. Not sure if it's still that way or not.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #2457
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post

It's so good to see some old GF friends pop back in here! The thread has been... slow. I think everyone has missed JC's presence.

PAS--! We will miss each other by a mere 5 days. I think you want to delay your trip.
Good to be here and see my friends Ugh 5 days...seriously...didn't we just miss each other in 2011 as well well I am driving....................

junglecruiser had such in everything, didn't she? Pics, posts....the true essence of our Grand I better learn how to take better pics...

So, question My DS12 is picking a building to request, he'd like to be near the Marina. We have standard view booked. I am thinking to request 1st floor to not disturb my GF neighbors when my kiddos are being Maybe Sago Cay? Then we can cut to the busses as well right? Oh, decisions....I'd like to be near the pool. Whenever we end up shall be perfect I am sure

Old 03-08-2013, 09:47 AM   #2458
Lulu'sMom

I think Sago is good marina view, near the buses, Gaspys and not too far from the main pool. Also, do not rule out Conch.It's closer to the pool, still close to Gaspys and not too much further from buses. PLUS, it's closest to the BOATS.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #2459
Lulu'sMom

Jobird~thank you! It's good to be back!

Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #2460
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think Sago is good marina view, near the buses, Gaspys and not too far from the main pool. Also, do not rule out Conch.It's closer to the pool, still close to Gaspys and not too much further from buses. PLUS, it's closest to the BOATS.
Thank you!!! Ahhh I love the boats

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: