Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:43 AM   #2401
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by outahere View Post
We were there last week and on Friday they still had cement trucks backing into the construction area. I couldn't see into the area, because our room faced the other way, but they are definitely still working on it.
That's good! That must mean they are pouring the sidewalks. Woot!
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #2402
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
If anybody is at GF this week and gets to participate in this test, it would be interesting to get a report on how it goes.

http://allears.net/news/top-news.htm?id=651
We did this when they tested it before. You simply take your slip to the kiosk located outside BOG(to the left of the bridge) at the assigned time. They take your order right there and give you a gold rose instead of the normal red one. You walk directly in and sit down/get your drinks. By the time we did this our food was there. We were in and out within 30 minutes and we lingered.

Would I use a Fastpass choice on this ? I don't know but it was very quick and convenient.

Edited to add: Just spoke with a friend who is there now and said the Fastpass for BOG is just allowing you to bypass the line outside ? Anyway, appears it is different this time than when we did it as I explained above. I would NOT use a Fastpass for this way, the other I would think about as it was VERY fast.

Last edited by baler31; 02-25-2013 at 04:16 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #2403
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M
Another question is the walking path to Poly still open?
Anyone?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #2404
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

How to you handle Mousekeeping tipping at GF? Do you tip both daytime service and turndown service? I read that the rule of thumb is $1/person + $1. Do you do this each time? Interested to hear people's views on this!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:28 PM   #2405
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Anyone?
Not sure... I think it depends on the construction going on.

The Spa is open... so you can get over that far...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #2406
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Anyone?
All reports I've seen are that the path is open.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #2407
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
All reports I've seen are that the path is open.
When we were there in late January it was definitely open.
Upcoming: VGF Christmas Vacation Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV (x4), BLT (x3), BC, Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 02-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #2408
baler31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Anyone?
It was open over MLK weekend.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #2409
Mouseturtle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
How to you handle Mousekeeping tipping at GF? Do you tip both daytime service and turndown service? I read that the rule of thumb is $1/person + $1. Do you do this each time? Interested to hear people's views on this!
I like to tip every day - but usually just leave $5 a day on the bed and since I am gone all day never rurally thought about tipping turndown service! I also bring local chocolates from where I live (can't get them anywhere else) and leave a box or two during my week. It's usually just me and my son and I do the $5 a day. I noticed that we get a little bit "extra" service (more towels etc) - not sure if that's a coincidence? Having started my own hotel career as a housekeeper I know how much the extra cash is appreciated!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #2410
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Ok, thanks. I was wanting to walk over to Poly for a meal. Tonga Toast is calling my name :-) then I can grab the monorail back.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 02-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #2411
kohler2009
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouseturtle

I like to tip every day - but usually just leave $5 a day on the bed and since I am gone all day never rurally thought about tipping turndown service! I also bring local chocolates from where I live (can't get them anywhere else) and leave a box or two during my week. It's usually just me and my son and I do the $5 a day. I noticed that we get a little bit "extra" service (more towels etc) - not sure if that's a coincidence? Having started my own hotel career as a housekeeper I know how much the extra cash is appreciated!
Ooh love the idea of local chocolate! We live right next to Hershey so I might swing by and see if they have any unique goodies to take along!
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #2412
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohler2009 View Post
Ooh love the idea of local chocolate! We live right next to Hershey so I might swing by and see if they have any unique goodies to take along!
And hope the mousekeeper is not a diabetic or on a diet!!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #2413
Mousekamom
Earning My Ears

GF valet parking question

Hi - We are driving to Disney in June (from WI )...it will be our first time at GF. Can someone explain a little about the valet parking at the resort? We are not planning on leaving the grounds for the 6 days we are there, so how much will it cost total? I read somewhere that it is $15 a day. Does that mean we pay $15 a day to park or just each day they have to park our car for us? Are we better off just parking in a lot by ourselves, or is it super far from the resort buildings? Thanks for any info!

Disney Trips:
April 2007 - Port Orleans FQ (FIRST FAMILY DISNEY TRIP!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #2414
graceesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousekamom View Post
Hi - We are driving to Disney in June (from WI )...it will be our first time at GF. Can someone explain a little about the valet parking at the resort? We are not planning on leaving the grounds for the 6 days we are there, so how much will it cost total? I read somewhere that it is $15 a day. Does that mean we pay $15 a day to park or just each day they have to park our car for us? Are we better off just parking in a lot by ourselves, or is it super far from the resort buildings? Thanks for any info!
It's per day even if you don't move the car. If I weren't planning to drive anywhere after I got there, then I probably would not valet. Valet was $12/day last year, but perhaps the price went up.

GF self parking is not close to any of the buildings. It's not far, but it is not as convenient as say at the Poly or at CR. It is across the street, but if I just had to move the car after I unloaded and then go back to get it 6 days later, I would think I would just walk across the street.
Oct. 10 Poly * March 11 Beach Club * June 12 Grand Floridian *August 12 POR Royal Room and Yacht Club April 26-May 5 2013 CSR and Poly- 1st Time trying Club Level July 2013 Yacht Club January 2014 Animal Kingdom LodgeMarch 2014 Saratoga Springs and Coronado Spring Business Class
April 2014 Grand Floridian July 2014 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
CRUISES August 2013 Disney Dream March 2014 Disney Magic*
*April 2014 Disney Dream* UpcomingNovember 2014 Disney Fantasy

ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - MAY 2014 Viva Italia

NEW April/May 2013 Family and Friends at Disney Beautiful Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7t7VhbD8do
Summer 2012 WDW Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cxyUicMy5w
March 2011 WDW Vacation Videohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpjlGPQ_CQ4
May 2010 WDW Celebration Vacation Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tInxvg3qjh4
Old 02-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #2415
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceesmom View Post
It's per day even if you don't move the car. If I weren't planning to drive anywhere after I got there, then I probably would not valet. Valet was $12/day last year, but perhaps the price went up.

GF self parking is not close to any of the buildings. It's not far, but it is not as convenient as say at the Poly or at CR. It is across the street, but if I just had to move the car after I unloaded and then go back to get it 6 days later, I would think I would just walk across the street.
I second this. We never valet park, but have just moved the car out to the self park lot after the car is unloaded. And if we do drive, well then we need to the walk out to the car just to work off all those calories!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: