Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #2251
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Well... I'm all booked for my next trip! Can't believe it all worked out! I'll be spending my 40th in the main building!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #2252
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Bethclayton- I think we will be at the GF RPC at the same time celebrating birthdays!!! However, DH and I are celebrating the big Five-0 this year. What is the excact date you will be there?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 07:58 AM   #2253
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Bethclayton- I think we will be at the GF RPC at the same time celebrating birthdays!!! However, DH and I are celebrating the big Five-0 this year. What is the excact date you will be there?
hope you guys have a fabulous birthday trip! we will be at BC from 8/18 to 8/21 and then GF 8/21 until 8/25.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:18 AM   #2254
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Congrats bethclayton!! That sounds like a wonderful Birthday celebration!!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:22 AM   #2255
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
Well... I'm all booked for my next trip! Can't believe it all worked out! I'll be spending my 40th in the main building!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
What a perfect way to celebrate memorable birthdays. Happy planning!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 AM   #2256
JoBird
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Sorry MommyGina! I missed you celebrating your Birthday there as well! Congrats to you too!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:42 AM   #2257
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Sorry MommyGina! I missed you celebrating your Birthday there as well! Congrats to you too!
Looks like you will be there almost the same time! Lucky you, too.

Has anyone come across new photos of the DVC or pool construction. Any word on whether the salon has reopened?
Old 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM   #2258
JoBird

BCV23-
Aw, Thanks! We arrive on the 30th.
We aren't staying RPC-- we'll be in SL-- but my DH keeps pressuring me to switch. I'm terrified once I cave, it will be all over.

I saw new-ish pictures on EasyWDW the other day. Josh had done a tour of GIG and had some pics of the DVC area.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #2259
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

LOL about being terrified to cave. We've stayed in RPC twice but have never booked it. Frankly, I doubt we ever will. It is simply lovely but for us too expensive to justify. I love Sugar Loaf. Can you fit me in your suitcase?

Thanks about EasyWDW, JoBird. Off to check.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #2260
summersalt
DIS Veteran

Thanks to my sister's recent bounceback offer, we will be celebrating making my last mortgage payment in October in the main building club level theme park view. Woohoo!! It will be a dream come dream!

DH DD ME Sandy
Old 01-30-2013, 11:08 AM   #2261
electricsoup
Roller Derby Disney Princess

Salon not open as of today. I'll give more details later, but to me it's almost entirely the same GF for us this trip. The smell is there, the feel is there. The blue walls are meh, but it's not all that impactful. We are sitting in a cabana right now next to the DVC construction looking at a blue wall - yet still having a grand time

Past Visits: 11/13 (offsite)/12/13 (RPC GF!!), 1/13 (GF), 10/12 (BLT & CR 1 night!) 2/12 (GF), 6/11 (GF), 4/10 (GF), '06 (Pop), 10/04 (CBR), 10/03 (CBR), 3/96, 89, 85 (Off property)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #2262
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsoup
Salon not open as of today. I'll give more details later, but to me it's almost entirely the same GF for us this trip. The smell is there, the feel is there. The blue walls are meh, but it's not all that impactful. We are sitting in a cabana right now next to the DVC construction looking at a blue wall - yet still having a grand time
Very jealous.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #2263
JoBird

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
LOL about being terrified to cave. We've stayed in RPC twice but have never booked it. Frankly, I doubt we ever will. It is simply lovely but for us too expensive to justify. I love Sugar Loaf. Can you fit me in your suitcase?

Thanks about EasyWDW, JoBird. Off to check.
Did you find the post on Easy?

I love Sugar Loaf as well, which is why I know if I was to break down and book RPC there would be no going back for any of us. So I will continue booking SL and hope that one day I'll get the courage to book RPC without becoming completely spoiled.

And absolutely you can come along in the suitcase! The more the merrier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Thanks to my sister's recent bounceback offer, we will be celebrating making my last mortgage payment in October in the main building club level theme park view. Woohoo!! It will be a dream come dream!
Congrats!!!! Hope your vacation is wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsoup View Post

Have a Grand stay!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #2264
BCV23

Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersalt View Post
Congrats and happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricsoup View Post
Thanks for the info on the salon. So glad to hear the GF is lovely as ever. Enjoy your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBird View Post
Did you find the post on Easy?

I love Sugar Loaf as well, which is why I know if I was to break down and book RPC there would be no going back for any of us. So I will continue booking SL and hope that one day I'll get the courage to book RPC without becoming completely spoiled.

And absolutely you can come along in the suitcase! The more the merrier!
I did find the photos. Thanks.
Glad I can come along.

My hope is to stay at the Villas at the Grand Floridian in December if they open by then. Those photos with no activity make me nervous. Maybe he took them on a Sunday.

erionm did some good detective work and found that the time share license for the villas has been approved.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=104
Old 01-31-2013, 08:48 AM   #2265
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Time for another pool check! Lol, how is that rebar looking?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: