Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #2206
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

We are booked again for the 4th of July. Wouldn't be the 4th without Gflo.

We will be back down in 3 weeks after the DCL if anyone needs anything specific that I can help them with. Construction or no construction, you can not beat Gflo.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #2207
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Just got back from a wonderful weekend at Disney! We stayed Friday at GF and Sat/Sun at POFQ.

There is not one thing bad I could say about GF. Upon arriving our bags were taken and the car went in Valet. We checked in with Nathan who ended up was the CM that did my park orientation at DHS back in May so that was ironic!

We were given room 9510 in Big Pine which was not either of the buildings we requested during online check-in but it could not have been a better room. Although we looked at pool construction below, we didn't even think about that when we were watching/hearing Wishes from the balcony!!

We loved that the QS was open 24/7 and all the CMs inside were above and beyond nice as were the ones in the two gift shops we bought things from.

The bath products were the best I've ever had and I was glad to see they were replenished during turn-down service which I was not expecting and enjoyed! We met our Housekeeper the next day on our way out and she seemed very nice and sweet!

We had dinner at Narcoossee which was yummy and worth every penny! We asked for a window table and the manager said they were taken but ended up finding us one in a corner that looked towards the castle which was nice and we weren't there for fireworks anyways.

My DBF had a mini castle cake delivered to the room and it was delicious and worth every penny too!

We didn't use the buses, monorail, or boats but I'm assuming they are good?

All in all, we would stay at GF again without a doubt especially when I can get a good CM discount of 60% off!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #2208
baler31
DIS Veteran

Just a small update on what we experienced at GF today. Lots of construction !! They are repairing the steel beams outside the main entrance/valet which = jackhammer Also, the pool construction was very loud with more jackhammers and saws than I have ever heard there.

While the parks have been extremely busy for this time of the year the resort was very quiet. Was told many rooms taken out of inventory due to construction noise.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #2209
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Hi, does anyone who has been to the GF since Gasperillas opened back up know if they are still serving the kids Mac and cheese? I noticed it was not on the new menu on allears . Thanks so much for your help!
Old 01-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #2210
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Glad to hear that they are working hard on the courtyard pool! I am crossing my fingers that the project manager has his/her timeline straight for an end of Feb opening.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #2211
cgulls
Mouseketeer

courtyard pool

This isn't groundbreaking news but it looks like the language on the official WDW site has changed SLIGHTLY

"Courtyard Pool
The Courtyard Pool, Courtyard Pool Bar, and Hot Tub will be closed through the end of March 2013."
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #2212
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Wow, talk about way off their original time frame. Disney dropped the ball on this one. It doesn't take a genius to install a pool and refurb a bar/kitchen.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #2213
P.I.G.mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
This isn't groundbreaking news but it looks like the language on the official WDW site has changed SLIGHTLY

"Courtyard Pool
The Courtyard Pool, Courtyard Pool Bar, and Hot Tub will be closed through the end of March 2013."
Where are you seeing this? I went on the Disney website and it has til Feb still......I am so confused
Old 01-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #2214
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.I.G.mommy View Post
Where are you seeing this? I went on the Disney website and it has til Feb still......I am so confused
Go to....

Grand Floridian Homepage
Activities
Pools
It should show the status of both pools.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #2215
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post

"Courtyard Pool
That doesn't surprise me, when we stayed last Friday its not even close and fri and sat they weren't working at all.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #2216
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Any pictures? I haven't seen any of the courtyard pool area in a while.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #2217
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
Any pictures? I haven't seen any of the courtyard pool area in a while.
From our room on Friday at Big Pine Key

Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #2218
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Awesome! Thanks! Looks like they have at least the following to do.
  • Finish Pool Incline Rebar
  • Pour Pool Floor Concrete
  • Pour Concrete in Surrounding Pool Deck
  • Paint Pool
  • Install Pool Light Bulbs and Glass
  • Landscaping

Disappointing... At this rate it might be the beginning of May before it opens. Oh well, parkhoppers+water park option will get us all the pool fun we need.

Can anyone suggest a room (or set of rooms) that will provide for a non construction view? Doesn't matter if it is CL or non garden view, but would prefer a non CL Garden View room with king bed.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:40 AM   #2219
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
From our room on Friday at Big Pine Key

Thanks for sharing the photos. The fact that there are no workers notwithstanding, it's nice to see updates.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #2220
jd99
DIS Veteran

After seeing those photos, I'm not sure what kind of view I really want at Sugarloaf. Any suggestions on what I can request that doesn't look directly into the pool (we have always had that view when at SL)
Upcoming: Magic Med July 14. Past: Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: