Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #2131
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Well, we've got a difficult situation on our hands; we just received a special offer for an amazing airfare to Spain (a place where we've always wanted to go) valid up until June 20, so we're thinking we'll do that in June and do a WDW trip in August. While we're not thrilled about it, that would be our best option though the GF seems to be sold out of standard rooms. What is the chance of an opening?
I would contact Magical Vacations as they have standard rooms blocked for August exclusive. They have another amazing rate for labor day weekend! I booked with them again this year.
Spain is beautiful - you will have an amazing time
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #2132
toodycat
DIS Veteran

If you have AAA, check to see if there's a discount. You may wind up paying standard price for lagoon view.
Grand Floridian 00, 01, 09 '11 12
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #2133
disneydreamfan14
See Ya Real Soon!

Dvc

Hey everybody!

If you haven't already, come check out the Villas at the Grand Floridian DVC thread! I have condensed some info about the DVC into this thread - and updates or new info let me know!

Thanks!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3045377
Disney Cruise Line
•2011 - Disney Dream 3-night Bahamas
Disneyland
•2012 - Day Trip
Old 01-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #2134
glovergirls
Mouseketeer

Sand

We leave next month and I'm starting to get nervous with the courtyard pool closure. I can't remember where but it seems like I read somewhere that all the sand was walled off?? I am hoping that I'm remembering wrong, is there still sand over by the hammocks?? Thanks for your help!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #2135
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Between the eyesore of the DVC building (so close to the Beach pool and killing the views from the beach), overpopulating the resort area, and reducing the depth of the Courtyard pool, Disney has now killed a great resort. Thanks Disney.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #2136
Blessed_wth_Triplets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
Between the eyesore of the DVC building (so close to the Beach pool and killing the views from the beach), overpopulating the resort area, and reducing the depth of the Courtyard pool, Disney has now killed a great resort. Thanks Disney.
I have to agree....I don't think the DVC villas were necessary...and certainly do block a lot of the view. But that's Disney and any big business...it's all about the $$$.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #2137
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed_wth_Triplets View Post
I have to agree....I don't think the DVC villas were necessary...and certainly do block a lot of the view. But that's Disney and any big business...it's all about the $$$.
Perhaps once the beach area reopens the DVC building may not have a huge impact on the view-maybe I am wrong.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM   #2138
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

I kind of have mixed feelings but do agree it will definitely change the atmosphere!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 02:22 PM   #2139
bdklein
DIS Veteran

There are positives too. The kids splash area does look good.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM   #2140
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

I agree I like the the new play area too ,but I will miss the beauty of the open beach and the peacefulness that was felt there!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #2141
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

hi all! long time, no see! we don't currently have a trip booked and i have a hard time on the boards during times like that, it just makes me long for disney that much more!

i have a question for all of you fellow GF lovers.

i turn 40 at the end of august and we have pretty much decided that we should celebrate my birthday in disney. we have the opportunity to have two nights at any CL resort, complimentary. of course, i know that i will be spending those two nights at the GF RPC! however, we will be switching resorts for the remaining 5 nights. we had some issues during our last trip and would like to give them another chance, but to be blunt, i want to hold off giving the GF any more of my money until we see how this next experience goes.

i had planned to spend the rest of the trip at the poly. we stayed there 2 years ago and absolutely loved the resort. i loved the themeing and the location. i also loved watching the fireworks.

should i also be considering any other resorts? in the back of my head i am wondering if we should try BC because we have never been there? but it is my big birthday trip and i want it to be perfect, and if i don't love BC, i might be upset. i do love the MK the most but am ready to spend more time at the other resorts this year.

right now i am not planning on doing CL at another resort because i am *assuming* there could be free dining offered. if free dining is not offered, then we would probably like to do CL (although I read that BC CL is not so great?). and we will be fine with just a standard room.

anyway, my question is, where would you spend the next 5 nights and why? where else should i be considering? i thought that this thread would actually be a great place to ask, since we all have in common that we love the GF, maybe our taste in other resorts is similar, too!

Old 01-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #2142
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Staying at GF for the first time on Friday!!! I've stayed at all the other resorts except GF and AOA!

Question..If we have a 9:15pm ADR at Ohana, how will we get back to GF after our meal if MK closes at 8?? Thanks!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #2143
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Staying at GF for the first time on Friday!!! I've stayed at all the other resorts except GF and AOA!

Question..If we have a 9:15pm ADR at Ohana, how will we get back to GF after our meal if MK closes at 8?? Thanks!!!
i'm sure there are other options, too, but assuming the pathway between the poly and GF is still open, you could walk. it is actually a really lovely walk and not that far.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #2144
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethclayton View Post
i'm sure there are other options, too, but assuming the pathway between the poly and GF is still open, you could walk. it is actually a really lovely walk and not that far.
That's what I was thinking too but didn't know if it would be closed because of the construction but maybe someone else can chime in!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #2145
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7

The walking pathway between the GF and the Poly should be open even with the construction
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: