Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #196
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I'm hoping they aren't going to tell everyone to go use the pool at the Poly... like they did when the poly pool was being worked on and provided a boat over to the GF pool..

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 AM   #197
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Tink rules - that seems like a tough sell, doesn't it?! The GF pool has always been pretty quiet, whereas the Poly pool is always full. I'm sure the Poly guests would be none too pleased, either.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #198
jd99
DIS Veteran

Hmmm. Still no packing done. Suitcases haven't even made it out of the attic. I know we are only going for four nights but I still can't figure out when we are going to have time to pull everything together in the next two days.
: Upcoming: BC August 22 Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #199
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd99 View Post
Hmmm. Still no packing done. Suitcases haven't even made it out of the attic. I know we are only going for four nights but I still can't figure out when we are going to have time to pull everything together in the next two days.
LOL about the attic! I'll bet you ARE starting to wonder when you'll have time to pack, with everything going on. Hopefully, it will all come together and you'll soon be on your way to the World.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #200
cgulls
Mouseketeer

This is a silly question unless there is a construction project manager on this thread, so, sorry for posing it. But . . . let's say they really are going to refurb both pools beginning August or this fall. How long would you all think that work might take?

Our GF trip isn't until April, 2013 (our first to GF) but I can't help but wonder what might be under construction while we're there. Thanks for any super-prescient insight!
Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #201
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
pas - aww, so sweet your girl wants to be sure you don't move her from the Grand!
Funny enough she came home yesterday to say "I want to stay at Polynesian". Don't worry, no changes we chatted first. She was worried about the view...not the construction view. But she said there is the buiding in the way of her castle. No windows in the lounge...she was thinking Sugarloaf! I redirected her to pictures of RPC..."Oh Mommy we ARE staying in the Castle building (what she calls RPC) You are the best..YES YES Don't change" She was remembering the pics ofthe castle view from Hawaii bldg...she knows where she wants to be. There's a table for 2 with a castle view with our name on it

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #202
Lulu'sMom
You.Had.Me.At. Sticky.Mickey. ~And DOLE WHIPS too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Funny enough she came home yesterday to say "I want to stay at Polynesian". Don't worry, no changes we chatted first. She was worried about the view...not the construction view. But she said there is the buiding in the way of her castle. No windows in the lounge...she was thinking Sugarloaf! I redirected her to pictures of RPC..."Oh Mommy we ARE staying in the Castle building (what she calls RPC) You are the best..YES YES Don't change" She was remembering the pics ofthe castle view from Hawaii bldg...she knows where she wants to be. There's a table for 2 with a castle view with our name on it
How precious, pas!!!!

Just popping by to say HI and to wave to all my friends!
I so understand you all that aren't staying this year as my DH is the same way!

Looking forward to visting my Grand home and eating at Narcoossee's next week though and you do know within 36 hours, I WILL be shopping at Sandy Cove. LOL, this is a few of my favorite things! hehehehe!

(special "sister"waves to Jungle and BCV too!)

♥♥JungleCruiser,Sarah, remembering you always!♥♥

Old 06-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #203
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu'sMom View Post
How precious, pas!!!!

Just popping by to say HI and to wave to all my friends!
I so understand you all that aren't staying this year as my DH is the same way!

Looking forward to visting my Grand home and eating at Narcoossee's next week though and you do know within 36 hours, I WILL be shopping at Sandy Cove. LOL, this is a few of my favorite things! hehehehe!

(special "sister"waves to Jungle and BCV too!)
SO happy you will be soaking up some Grand vibes so soon !!!!! Safe travels my dear! I will have a big smile Friday knowing you are at our happy place! I know tis trip means so much!!!! Prayers & love my friend

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 06-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #204
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
My daughter comes home everyday...mommy you didn't change our trip... I won't, the girl is still Grand..the pool issue...eh. not pleased but HRH and I won't do much swimming...and hey maybe we will get to swim at the Poly...not a bad trade off

How excited are you, you'll be there soon
Oh your poor DD having to worry if you changed the trip from the GF to some other resort.

I am beyond excited and I have to confess, I did some more "organizing" today.

Quote:
YAY! So glad you'll be keeping up with us, even while you are planning your YC/BLT visit. Won't be long now.

I completely understand your DH's feelings.
You are right. As much as I didn't want to change, I had to agree to my DH.

12 more days for us. We will definitely visit the GF and I will take some photos and up load them while we are there.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #205
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

pas - "Castle building" - so cute! Now we have "Michael's private elevator in the castle building"!! I have to agree with her, the Poly lounge has a beautiful view of the castle.

CoachBagFanatic - Twelve days to go, woohoo! I'll be looking forward to your photos.

Lulu'sMom - Only one day to go until you check into the Dolphin?! Reminds me of our big meet there years ago, good times.

Enjoy your trip, and especially your visit to the Grand. Love Narcoossee's!*drool*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgulls View Post
This is a silly question unless there is a construction project manager on this thread, so, sorry for posing it. But . . . let's say they really are going to refurb both pools beginning August or this fall. How long would you all think that work might take?

Our GF trip isn't until April, 2013 (our first to GF) but I can't help but wonder what might be under construction while we're there. Thanks for any super-prescient insight!
Welcome! Not a silly question at all, many of us have been around long enough to recall past pool renovations. Unfortunately, my memory is sluggish today - I'll have to go look up some old threads. My guess is about 3 mos., but that's just a guess.

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 06-13-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #206
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Oh I didn't see your post before. Oh this made me tear up. Just the sound of excitement in your DD's voice is so

Quote:
pas - "Castle building" - so cute! Now we have "Michael's private elevator in the castle building"!! I have to agree with her, the Poly lounge has a beautiful view of the castle.

CoachBagFanatic - Twelve days to go, woohoo! I'll be looking forward to your photos.
OMG how cute is that.

I am learning now how to re-size my pictures on Photobucket so they won't be over sized when I post them while we are at Disney.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #207
beckysko
Mouseketeer

full resort next week!

Just a quick update for everyone going to GF next week (jd99, Lulu's Mom?) DH's work is having their user group conference there, and due to some last minute attendees booking, they called GF to add extra rooms - and the resort is FULL! Now people at his work (hosting) are being asked by his company to share rooms (and get cash compensation) or consider taking rooms at the Poly! Apparently (according to the woman doing all the conference organization) there is a wedding at the GF, as well as SOOO many people booked in for this conference AND the big conference at the Contemp (the one where Obama is speaking at on Thursday). SOOO...just an FYI that next week is a crowded one! On the plus side, most people will be at the conferences, so that means restaurants and pool will probably be less busy!

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 06-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #208
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

LuLu'smom, safe travels and have a WONDERFUL time at WDW! Enjoy every moment , I'll be seeing you there in September!!!

Wow, I am behind by a couple of days. Just read about the changes coming to the GF. Honestly, they are needed, however both pools in August , wow, I find that hard to believe. Take one of the hottest months at WDW and close pools? It will be great to see an expanded Sandy Cove and Gaspirillas, especially with the DVC coming. Hopefully everyone who goes to the GF can get as much information as possible!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:26 AM   #209
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Leaving late this afternoon and checking into GF in the morning!! So excited!!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 06-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #210
jd99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
Just a quick update for everyone going to GF next week (jd99, Lulu's Mom?) DH's work is having their user group conference there, and due to some last minute attendees booking, they called GF to add extra rooms - and the resort is FULL! Now people at his work (hosting) are being asked by his company to share rooms (and get cash compensation) or consider taking rooms at the Poly! Apparently (according to the woman doing all the conference organization) there is a wedding at the GF, as well as SOOO many people booked in for this conference AND the big conference at the Contemp (the one where Obama is speaking at on Thursday). SOOO...just an FYI that next week is a crowded one! On the plus side, most people will be at the conferences, so that means restaurants and pool will probably be less busy!
Thanks for the update! As we usually travel at holiday times (Christmas and Easter) we are used to the resorts being packed so i doubt we'll even notice. And with the big conference going on, it might even feel empty to us!

Oh and I finally brought the luggage down. Off to pick up DD13 from swim camp. Then to the orthodontist. Then to a summer team swim meet tonight. Swim practice in the morning. Cheer show for DD8 in the morning and off to the airport. Will someone tell me when we fit in packing? DW says she'll just stay up all night!
: Upcoming: BC August 22 Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: