Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #1981
VS85
Mouseketeer

Thanks jojo and DansDad... I'll give the res line a call today and see what they say.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #1982
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

You are welcome, Have a GRAND time!!!!!!!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #1983
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8vthsfam View Post
Here now. Checked in this morning and room in Sugar Loaf was ready at 11AM We loved the personal attention at check in and it certainly was a breeze. Construction is truly not an issue for us, for which I am grateful. The fences are tastefully done and while we do miss the courtyard pool, there are so many other things to do.
The food in the lounge is adequate and appropriate, the temperature is perfect for us 'northern' folks, and while it does seem a bit more 'crowded' for this time of year, we feel very happy on this first day. The only 'complaint' are the obnoxious neighbors in the room next door who are allowing their children to scream and what sounds like jumping from bed to bed, keeping myself and dh awake. A polite knock on the wall was heard by children and adults, but apparently not understood. I certainly understand having excited children, we have two, but not at 11:25 PM! LOL Perhaps this is their first night, and tomorrow will be better. We are happy to answer any questions folks have - we are hear until Sunday, then on to the Yacht Club for our first split stay.
Hope you're having a Grand time! We're coming in next weekend for the week. Is there any update on when Gasparilla Grill and Games will reopen? Thanks!
Old 12-08-2012, 09:50 PM   #1984
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

Hi Tamj,
We wished it was opened when we were there last week it didn't seem that they were working on it much.We peeked inside and it looked like they had just painted it.I hope for you it is done on time.You never know though now that the pool was pushed back to spring!!!!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM   #1985
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
Hi Tamj,
We wished it was opened when we were there last week it didn't seem that they were working on it much.We peeked inside and it looked like they had just painted it.I hope for you it is done on time.You never know though now that the pool was pushed back to spring!!!!!!
Ugh. This is not good news. If the pool is going to still be walled off AND GG isn't going to be open, then I'm going to switch my reservation to AKL. I thought I was going to be able to avoid all of this by waiting until late December
Old 12-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #1986
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Hi, johnsonet. Good to see you.

I actually hoped painting was a good sign. Isn't that the last thing that is done with a refurb??? Other than stocking the shelves, turning on the grills, etc.., of course. I would think they wouldn't take a chance of construction equipment hitting freshly pained walls.

At any rate, hope your trip works out.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #1987
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post
Hi, johnsonet. Good to see you.

I actually hoped painting was a good sign. Isn't that the last thing that is done with a refurb??? Other than stocking the shelves, turning on the grills, etc.., of course. I would think they wouldn't take a chance of construction equipment hitting freshly pained walls.

At any rate, hope your trip works out.
I hope painting is a great sign too! It will be SUCH a blessing to have that available for my boys. It means hubby and I could grab a few minutes a lone-or more depending on how much $$ we give the boys for the arcade and food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Ugh. This is not good news. If the pool is going to still be walled off AND GG isn't going to be open, then I'm going to switch my reservation to AKL. I thought I was going to be able to avoid all of this by waiting until late December
For sure the pool will still be closed, but the slide pool and the new splash area is open. I've heard really good things about the splash/play area. AND, we've been told the GG will be open by the end of Dec. I'm just selfishly hoping and praying it will be NEXT week vs the following.

Quote:
Hi Tamj,
Thanks. I hope it's coming along quickly now after the paint has gone up. What were the other food options like? My concern is having to leave the resort to find quick service for my boys and us...and mug refills (especially coffee).
Old 12-09-2012, 01:12 PM   #1988
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

The pool bar was actually very good but not a lot of choices,we stopped there a few times before going back the room they we open until 11 and there you could refill your mugs too
Old 12-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #1989
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
The pool bar was actually very good but not a lot of choices,we stopped there a few times before going back the room they we open until 11 and there you could refill your mugs too
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #1990
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Hope so, BCV23 But jojo's post didn't make it sound as though there was much work going on.

I've got a couple more weeks left - I'll be counting on Diser updates

Thanks about the other info, tamj. I got a letter about the pool closure, so that I was already disappointed over (not b/c I care about swimming but just in terms of ambiance). Anyway, one way or another everything will work out
Old 12-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #1991
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hope so, BCV23 But jojo's post didn't make it sound as though there was much work going on.
I reread jojo's post and see what you mean. Quiet in the same manner as the pool refurbishment???? Sure hope not. I took it as a good sign that no more major work was happening and painting was finished. Fingers crossed it is open for you and tamj as well as everyone else going for the holidays.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #1992
sndral
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS85 View Post
Thanks! I don't have the adapter, so I will just request one. If they can't accommodate, it won't be a big deal.

I actually have another, more pressing question. I just did our online check-in and requested Sago Cay (we are booked in a regular GV room) but the online thing said that it could not accommodate our request! Has this happened to anyone? It makes me really nervous. What would you suggest I do - call the reservations line and try to speak with someone? I really don't want to be looking at construction and SC is a perfect building for us location-wise... Please help!
Same thing happened to me when I did online check in and wanted Sago Cay. I called and had the request added and was given a perfect room looking out over a finger of water w/ the monorail behind it in Sago Cay when I arrived 11/27.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #1993
dukiephi
Mouseketeer

Here Now

Pool construction doesn't bother me since I changed to theme park view. I would mind it if I had to see it from the room but walking by doesn't bother me. My five year old loved the new Alice in Wonderland themed play area. The pool bar and Mizners can refill mugs and you can get breakfast items at Mizners.

I am glad I changed to TPV. Also was able to book bounce back for next year
2014 GF TPV 11/15 - 11/22
2013 GF 11/30 - 12/6 TPV for DD's 7th birthday
2012 GF 12/7 - 12/16 for DD's 6th birthday
2011 GF 12/11 - 12/17 with DxDDP - Sister's First Trip to WDW and DD's 5th Birthday Trip
2010 GF 12/12-12/17 - First time on site and DxDDP (and DD's 4th birthday)
2009 Off site at Hyatt ~ MNSSHP ~ DD's 1st trip!
2007 Off site at Hilton DTD ~ MVMCP and 1st trip!

I love Disney!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #1994
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

When were you there? We didn't see a bounceback offer in our room !!!
Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 AM   #1995
dukiephi
Mouseketeer

No flyer, called 8844

Here now until 12/16. I just called 8844 from the room. No flyer yet but the dates are as the first poster listed. I went ahead and booked ASAP since I really wanted GF TPV again.
2014 GF TPV 11/15 - 11/22
2013 GF 11/30 - 12/6 TPV for DD's 7th birthday
2012 GF 12/7 - 12/16 for DD's 6th birthday
2011 GF 12/11 - 12/17 with DxDDP - Sister's First Trip to WDW and DD's 5th Birthday Trip
2010 GF 12/12-12/17 - First time on site and DxDDP (and DD's 4th birthday)
2009 Off site at Hyatt ~ MNSSHP ~ DD's 1st trip!
2007 Off site at Hilton DTD ~ MVMCP and 1st trip!

I love Disney!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: