Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #1936
jojomickey
Mouseketeer

hello everyone at the grand this week talked to a cast member the reason the pool is behind was they forgot to install the lighting in the pool.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #1937
Chrisrokc
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
hello everyone at the grand this week talked to a cast member the reason the pool is behind was they forgot to install the lighting in the pool.
I find this comical and silly. How could one simply forget to install the lighting for weeks on end when it is clearly in whatever constructions plans they have.

Looks like Disney is slipping!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #1938
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomickey View Post
They forgot?! I hope they don't forget to fasten the bolts on Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Or forget to point the fireworks away from the crowd during tonight's Wishes presentation. Cripes.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #1939
Eponine1
DIS Veteran

I'll be staying at the GF next November and haven't been there in a while

Does any know/have access to the map/room layout of each building? I can access a map of the property but I'm looking for the building layouts with room numbers, etc.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #1940
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8vthsfam
I started to go through the entire thread, but admittedly, thought it would be quicker to just ask all you GF experts: What is the actual mailing address for guests of the GF to receive a package. Thanks!
We are going to mail our items tomorrow and plan on using USPS, I hear that you don't pay the business center fee because it will go right to the hotel.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 11-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #1941
cgulls
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eponine1 View Post
I'll be staying at the GF next November and haven't been there in a while

Does any know/have access to the map/room layout of each building? I can access a map of the property but I'm looking for the building layouts with room numbers, etc.

Thanks!
This isn't exactly what you're looking for but it does give some insight into the siting of a few of the rooms...

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-...oridian-resort

Last edited by cgulls; 11-30-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #1942
Eponine1
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the information cgulls!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #1943
sndral
DIS Veteran

@ around 10:30 am after bell services had collected my bags for my move from the GF to the YC I wandered over to the GF cafe for my breakfast ADR. They gave me a nice table by the window next to my table I noticed a cm, a lady and a man w/ a younger man. Odd collection of people I thought and I'd never seen a CM in uniform eating at a restaurant. When they left, and the group walked by my table I thought that lady looks just like Whoopie Goldberg. I just learned she's doing tonight and tomorrow's CP narration. Omg I guess it was her. And thus ends my wonderful interlude @ the GF hope all of you visiting in the near future enjoy your stay as much as I did mine.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #1944
gr8vthsfam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ame4 View Post
We mailed ourselves a package, but it was kind of a pain since we had to go to the business center ourselves to pick it up. Plus, it cost $10 to retrieve it.
Thank you. I was bummed hearing this, so I actually called to confirm. (a surprise I ordered for the trip was misplaced and in order to have it on time, the seller is reshipping to the GF) Anyway, I was told by concierge that if the package is shipped USPS it goes to the back office and not the shipping center. UPS, Fed Ex go to the shipping center and there is a fee there. So.... for us it's USPS. They will bring it to our room when it arrives too with no fee.

WDL '78
WDW '94
WDW '98 CBR
WDW '01 GF
WDW '06 GF
WDW '12 GF
DCL '12 Dream
WDW '12 YC
Old 11-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #1945
tiggerguy2000
Disney Veteran
Isn't worried and is happy!

Great Job putting this page together.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT

Old 11-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #1946
dukiephi
Mouseketeer

Best building for theme park view?

What building has the best theme park view? Should I request a particular building?
2014 GF TPV 11/15 - 11/22
2013 GF 11/30 - 12/6 TPV for DD's 7th birthday
2012 GF 12/7 - 12/16 for DD's 6th birthday
2011 GF 12/11 - 12/17 with DxDDP - Sister's First Trip to WDW and DD's 5th Birthday Trip
2010 GF 12/12-12/17 - First time on site and DxDDP (and DD's 4th birthday)
2009 Off site at Hyatt ~ MNSSHP ~ DD's 1st trip!
2007 Off site at Hilton DTD ~ MVMCP and 1st trip!

I love Disney!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #1947
tamj
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamj View Post
I don't know what in "The World" happened because we were told several times that it would be opening the weekend of the 16th prior to our decision to book. Yes, the letter said it was due to open "Spring 2013."

I wonder why you guys didn't also get a letter? I have no idea abot what to do about heading. From other posts, noise hasn't seemed to be an issue, but I'd hate to lay out all this money to stare at the construction. Hope it goes well for you both. We're going to head out on the 15th. I'm really excited and going to make this "GRAND" in the grandest ways I can.

Three big things come together for us this trip: My oldest will be graduating high school and turning 18 this spring-this trip is per his request; I don't think I'll be hearing this from him in the upcoming future, my youngest (and only other) celebrates his 9th b'day and we've been promising him to try to get him to Disney for it, and our 25th anniversary is the 18th, too. So, To the Grand it is! I'll be sure to take a lot of photos and post them when we get there. 20 Days!
Know that I think about it, we made our reservations specifically around the opening dates they gave us, (when we called to book it we talked to someone on site due to some problems last Dec), for both the pool and GG. I think that might be why we got a letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DREAMS161 View Post
I know someone mentioned they spoke to a manager. I called and was told I could not speak to a manger until I was onsite (doesn't seem right) Anyway I was hoping to resolve my room/building issue asap. I never received any letters about the construction and now have concerns like I mentioned about the noise level for my husband. The front desk suggested I wait until I checked in to resolve the issue- I would much rather do so now. Any guidance - I don't want to be a pain - it's just this is a ton of money and I'd like a bit more resolution.
Dreams, when are you going to be there?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #1948
mlayton14
Mouseketeer

I would be REALLY REALLY mad if I planned a stay and was told at the last minute that the construction sched. slipped 3 months with no option to be moved on disney's dime. My wife and I had dinner there in September and I remember us saying to one another how can they charge people top dollar to stay there with construction walls everywhere between the huge pool and the Dvc wing.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:57 AM   #1949
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Oh wow... I am in complete shock of the pool delays..... I would be mad too if I paid that much thinking the Courtyard pool would be open. At least DVC walls are not right in the center of the resort but the Courtyard pool... That would definitely take away from the ambience of the resort...

We will be going in August to GF.. Hopefully they don't screw up again!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:11 PM   #1950
Tam1067
LOVES LOVES LOVES the Poly

We are arriving January 2. I am very upset about how they have still not officially updated the website or informed guests like me who are arriving in early January.

I would also like them to clarify whether or not Gasparilla's will be open since the food options without it are going to be limited. If we had known about the reality, we would not have stayed there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: