Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:21 PM   #1741
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Hey, I just wanted to make certain I understand what's going on with the Gasparilla's refurb. What time do the beach pool bar and Mizner's close? 11pm? And the pool bar is the only place to buy and refill refillable mugs? And Mizner's is not currently serving drinks at night? Thanks for the information
Old 11-03-2012, 09:05 AM   #1742
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

pas130 - Good to see you! I meant to wave in my last msg. but flubbed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
Hey, I just wanted to make certain I understand what's going on with the Gasparilla's refurb. What time do the beach pool bar and Mizner's close? 11pm? And the pool bar is the only place to buy and refill refillable mugs? And Mizner's is not currently serving drinks at night? Thanks for the information
There have been some posts from recent visitors regarding the current hours for Mizner's and the pool bar, but I have forgotten. I'll see if I can find anything. Mizner's has been converted from a lounge to a quick serve location - so, no, you cannot get alcoholic drinks in the evenings. Here is a link to the story and some photos: http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/mizne...restaurant.htm

I'm pretty sure they are selling refillable mugs in M. Mouse Mercantile, and I believe you can fill at Mizner's. ETA: I see in one of the photos in the link you can buy the mugs at Mizner's.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser

Last edited by k&a&c'smom; 11-03-2012 at 09:10 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #1743
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Melodious - I found this a few pages back; HFC1969 posted it on October 15:

UPDATE: Pool side bar - is closing at 11pm.. Mizners closing at midnight. Per Julian at Concierge planning..
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 11-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #1744
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
I wouldn't worry too much - the CMs in reservations can only tell that the rooms are not in inventory, not whether they were "booked" or blocked for convention, TAs, etc. Don't give up, you will likely be able to get a garden view room in the next few months, if that is what you still desire. Keep checking.
Thanks! Yeah. I'll be checking daily but actually hoping they don't open up until maybe January, as we usually start planning then. Just going to have to wait and see. Thanks!
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
Old 11-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #1745
bek
Mouseketeer

I'm considering switching my mid-December 2012 reservation to GF or Poly. GF is my first choice but I'm concerned about construction. How is construction affecting "outer bldg - garden view"?
Old 11-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #1746
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pics, BCV23 and k&a&c'smom
Looks like Gasparilla's will be really nice!
Old 11-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #1747
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Thanks! Yeah. I'll be checking daily but actually hoping they don't open up until maybe January, as we usually start planning then. Just going to have to wait and see. Thanks!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bek View Post
I'm considering switching my mid-December 2012 reservation to GF or Poly. GF is my first choice but I'm concerned about construction. How is construction affecting "outer bldg - garden view"?
Right now the courtyard pool construction is a bit unsightly for those with upper floor courtyard views. With the pool construction due to be finished by mid-December, you might be lucky enough to miss the worst of it.

When we were in Boca Chica overlooking the courtyard in August, we didn't hear anything from the DVC construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Thanks for the pics, BCV23 and k&a&c'smom
Looks like Gasparilla's will be really nice!
Doesn't it look lovely? I hope they keep the mossy green color scheme, green is my favorite color.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #1748
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Wow. Just saw the artist rendition of Gasparilla's. It looks beautiful. Having teenagers, does anyone know if an arcade will be located at the GF at all?

Tom - sorry to hear of the destruction from Sandy.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1749
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom
pas130 - Good to see you! I meant to wave in my last msg. but flubbed it.
No worries my dear friend..I lurk often. But hard to post without being tempted to change my reservation. LOL
Old 11-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #1750
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Just booked the Grand Floridian for August 29-September 2 2013 (split stay with BC).

I am SO excited... it is our dream resort. Hoping all the construction will be finished by then.

Now the hard part will be waiting!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #1751
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post

Just booked the Grand Floridian for August 29-September 2 2013 (split stay with BC).

I am SO excited... it is our dream resort. Hoping all the construction will be finished by then.

Congrats!! We have the same dates!!! Did you do the Magical Vacations exclusive deal?

I have two Disney trips before this and I am most excited about GF as it is my favorite!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #1752
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyGina View Post
Wow. Just saw the artist rendition of Gasparilla's. It looks beautiful. Having teenagers, does anyone know if an arcade will be located at the GF at all?

Tom - sorry to hear of the destruction from Sandy.
There has been very little discussion about the arcade. Not sure if they plan to have one somewhere, but if the other DVC properties are any guide, they will have an arcade at GF. Where is a good question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
No worries my dear friend..I lurk often. But hard to post without being tempted to change my reservation. LOL
I get you...it's hard to read and post about your favorite resort without running to the phone (website)to book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post

Congrats!! I'm very excited for you, booking your dream resort. You're gonna love the Grand.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #1753
baler31
DIS Veteran

We just returned from at few days at WL OFC but we did visit GF. I was lucky enough to take a tour of the Grand Suite and Walt Disney suite, will post a few photos but I only had my phone and the photos are very low quality.

I was also told that the Courtyard pool construction is quite behind and they do not know if it will be finished on schedule. I am sure it has been reported but will mention that they had the RFID reader for the concierge elevator, seemed to work much better than the cards. This was especially nice at WL as they only have the one floor for CL it just automatically selects the floor for you.

Will get my pictures downloaded and post later. We also were lucky enough to eat lunch and dinner at BOG during our Fantasyland Passholder preview and have some photos of that. I have never done a trip report but may give it a try.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM   #1754
Tinks
I had the hots for my accounting teacher and eventually married him!

Hey there! Just checking on the Disney reservation center and I'm wondering if something is up with the RPC MK view rooms for Jan-Mar time frame. I checked quite a few dates and even did single night checks in a variety of weeks, but RPC MK view rooms never came up. At.all. Very unusual. Anyone know if they are rehabbing these rooms in the new year?

Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #1755
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Congrats!! We have the same dates!!! Did you do the Magical Vacations exclusive deal?

I have two Disney trips before this and I am most excited about GF as it is my favorite!!!
Yes I did! Honestly it is a dream come true for us. We were planning on staying at a mod and doing one night at the GF at the end of the trip and now we are doing a 4 night GF/3 night BC split stay. Talk about some Disney magic!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: