Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #1606
followthatmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
They are just your typical shower/tub combo. Jacuzzis are in the specialty suites and the 2nd floor main building deluxe king rooms. The other deluxe rooms and some suites do have nice soaking tubs, though.
I can vouch for the soaking tubs! I have a back that tends to act up occasionally. There are few things nicer than a long soak -with a bath bomb - after a long day in the parks, especially if you have some aches and pains.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:23 PM   #1607
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

When it's open (not construction.. ) I like to hit the hot tub by the pool...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #1608
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I really missed not having the hot tub when I was there. I could only play in cold water for so long. My dd thought it was a great game to push each other under the waterfall. After 45 minutes I was ready for a hot tub or beach chair! Is the beach pool not heated? I thought it was awfully cold!

Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 PM   #1609
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Looks like they are zipping along on it. Maybe it will be done by December... I can hope at least... it's all graded and looks like they need to relay the lining of the pool... so...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 10-18-2012, 09:36 PM   #1610
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom View Post
I bet that will be the first Christmas present you look forward to unwrapping. Speaking of unwrapping -- since I will be at GF for a few days before my niece arrives, any suggestions as to what I should surprise her with in the room? What is the latest and greatest the GF has to offer for a teenage girl?

TIA,

Tom
I have a 9 going on 19 daughter.. LOL.. She LOVES Basin white... (But my daughter is a diva in particular)... You could also surprise her with a nice gift basket from there... Basin White has amazing products..
Old 10-19-2012, 08:32 AM   #1611
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I have a 9 going on 19 daughter.. LOL.. She LOVES Basin white... (But my daughter is a diva in particular)... You could also surprise her with a nice gift basket from there... Basin White has amazing products..
My Sister and Brother-in-law suggested Basin White as well. Since she has a 21 year old sister, so she loves lotions and potions.

It is so nice to see "2 days until our next vacation" especially while it is pouring rain here in CT!

Tom
Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 AM   #1612
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My Sister and Brother-in-law suggested Basin White as well. Since she has a 21 year old sister, so she loves lotions and potions.

It is so nice to see "2 days until our next vacation" especially while it is pouring rain here in CT!

Tom
So jealous!! Have a great time!!!

Basin White is awesome. She will love it!!

I already needed to order more for my daughter!

I live near Miami and the weather is great right now!!!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:03 AM   #1613
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaKaiTom

Tom
I love basin... it is such a treat to spend time there.
It is pouring here...but that's ok because my team is going to the World Series!

Safe travels and I hope it is a magical vacation, looking forward to hearing your thoughts after.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-19-2012, 10:05 AM   #1614
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
It is pouring here...but that's ok because my team is going to the World Series!

Safe travels and I hope it is a magical vacation, looking forward to hearing your thoughts after.
Thanks -- keep rubbing it in and we will trade you A Rod! I will see if I can figure out how to post from my iPhone (I just got it Saturday, so I'm certain my niece will be the picture poster, not me.)

Thanks everyone for all the guidance and suggestions -- I'm certain I won't be online here tomorrow so I will check back when I am in the 407!

Tom
Old 10-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #1615
BCV23

Loves the magic of the trains
Would enjoy a magical meal at the castle
Loves the name Hatuey!

Tom, have a truly Grand trip. Be sure to check out Summer Lace on the first floor for your niece's gift. Lots of choices including those Dooney wristlets. Like others, I love Basin White. I always ship some bath bombs home. If you have an AP, there is a discount. An even larger DVC discount is available.

Cali-D, thanks for the photos. Can't wait to see the building as it's finished.

Jungle Cruiser, I hope you are feeling better.

CoachBagFanatic, on your plans. Our DD is like your son, a huge fan of Narcoossee's.

to all the rest of the GF Gals and Guys.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #1616
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks -- keep rubbing it in and we will trade you A Rod! I will see if I can figure out how to post from my iPhone (I just got it Saturday, so I'm certain my niece will be the picture poster, not me.)

Thanks everyone for all the guidance and suggestions -- I'm certain I won't be online here tomorrow so I will check back when I am in the 407!

Tom
Have a wonderful time Tom!!! I have issues posting pictures with my new IPhone as well...Of course your niece could probably teach you in 5 seconds!
Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #1617
MommyGina
DIS Veteran

Tom - have a great time at the Grand!!! Can't wait to hear what building you were in and how you liked it. Safe travels.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #1618
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be having a drink, watching you have a drink while your DW gets the rest ready for MNSSHP -- we are going on the 28th to the party. I will be in the world in 3 days! Safe travels.

Tom

Quote:

Tom
Have a GRAND trip Tom!!! SAFE TRAVELS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCV23 View Post

to all the rest of the GF Gals and Guys.
Back at ya!!!

jungle cruiser, coachbagfanatic, k&a&c'smom, butterflygirl...anyone I misses...my apologies...

Thanks to all for the updates, pics new & old!!! I am behaving and staying away from GF next month..Sugarloaf is no longer available so it's easier..and luckily RPC only with rack rate....GF will have to wait for the Pas clan until 2013 or 2014

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 PM   #1619
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

BCV23 and pas, good to see you!

CoachBagFanatic - I get you regarding the Narcoossee's pick, sounds like Citricos will have to wait for another time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Wow, photo #5 makes it look so much bigger than the original GF to me. I keep thinking about all of those new people on the same old monorail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreaming View Post
I had the same thought about the monorail. I know with BLT opening at the Contemporary it seemed like there was an influx of people (others have said BLT has a similar number of units to what the North Wing had, but those 2 bedroom villas do sleep 9 afterall...) so I don't know if a solution would be more watercraft service, a dedicated watercraft for the GF and another for the Polynesian, or if the rumored walking path to the MK would be enough to offset (it seems like it'd be a long walk! except, at park close, it'd still be the quickest option I bet).

As to the picture, I agree it looks large. In person, though, I didn't think it looked quite that dominating. We really need to see it once the full roofline is in place. Fingers cross it compliments the other buildings.
I have wondered about the monorail as well. To me, the addition of BLT has had an impact on the number of people using the monorail - we seem to always end up in a long line waiting whenever we visit the CR. In the past, it seemed easier, but that might be a biased view.

Thanks so much for the photos! Does it look as though the zero entry is being added to the Big Pine end of the pool? What used to be the deep end? That would make the entire pool barely chest deep for us and DD and I are short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I agree, Basin White sounds like a good choice, along with the D&B wristlet. Tom, my DD has one of the wristlets, and I think it was around $45-$50, if that helps.

There is a list of in-room amenities, like chocolate strawberries, truffles, etc. on the first page. I used to order the strawberries for my daughter, and I know others have ordered from Disney Florist for their girls. Some very nice things there, and they will customize a basket for you if that is your desire.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #1620
CaliforniaDreaming
#1 Grand Floridian Fan/Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Thanks so much for the photos! Does it look as though the zero entry is being added to the Big Pine end of the pool? What used to be the deep end? That would make the entire pool barely chest deep for us and DD and I are short!
It's hard to tell in the picture, but when I was looking at it while there, I figured it was going to be on this end (closer to Conch Key/end of Boca Chica) where the stairs used to be, the orange-ish blocks? I would have expected to see more of an "expansion" but its hard to tell until some more progress is made.

The slope over toward Big Pine Key, I think they used that to move machinery in/out as they were filling in the deep end, aka my favorite section of the pool...

I still have hopes that between the villas and the rock/slide area of the beach pool they'll put in a 'deeper' leisure pool. Quite doubtful it will happen, but I can dream!

Last edited by CaliforniaDreaming; 10-19-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: