Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #1546
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I have to know why it is so bad Speaking of sinks....At the GF the sink to the right had hardly any cold water pressure, but the sink to the left had tons...My bro and I were racing each other to use that sink...Yes, we still act like we are 5 around each other
FYI, even though we are both into our 50s, my sister and I still yell shotgun and race for the frontseat of the car when the opportunity arises -- although since I am the younger by 3 years and a runner, she routinely gets left in my dust!

Tom
Old 10-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #1547
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Tom - it's not just the costumes, many clothing lines are not age appropriate. I remember when my DD went from size 6X to 7 - big change in style, no longer the little girl outfits but more teen- and adult-oriented. It was a challenge to get clothing that looked like it was meant for a child.

Only 6 days to go, woohoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Next year will be the first time since 2001 that we are driving down to FLA. Does anyone know what the nightly valet fee is? We have no desire to make the trek across the street to self parking. TIA
Valet is currently $12/day. Well worth it for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbecca09 View Post

Thanks for all the information, its much appreciated!!!!!!!!

You are very welcome.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 02:04 PM   #1548
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom

LOL - I often misread posts and have to go back to catch the intent.

I'm waiting to see more photos of the construction, or any for that matter.

We nearly always spend time at the Grand, even when staying in other resorts.

Check out post #8 on the first page - the very first photo is of the hallway leading to the beds, you can see the vanity area to the left. No doors, unfortunately for those who want to use the blow dryer while others sleep.

Nope. If you look at post #8 on the first page, you can see what we're talking about - I'm sure it will jog your memory.

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

I've never stayed in an outer building deluxe, but from photos I would say it will be a bit tight. Still, it could work. Check out this link from the 2010 FAQ - scroll down to post #25 for photos of the outer bldg. deluxe, posted by Little Lulu. These are of the Sugar Loaf deluxe (club level, not the BI room you are describing) and prior to the 2007 room renovations so you see the old decor - but it will still give you an idea of the size and layout. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2427062&page=2

ETA: the sofa no longer folds out, for anyone wondering. You can get a rollaway, though.

We have had rooms where the sinks have varying degrees of water pressure, too. It seems to be random, not every room has this issue, but annoying when you get one. Funny about you and your brother racing to the "good" sink.

Thanks for the update!
Ok, there is a doorway between the vanity area and the hall but not an actual door like there is between the shower and the vanity area. You can still hear the dryer
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #1549
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic

Next year will be the first time since 2001 that we are driving down to FLA. Does anyone know what the nightly valet fee is? We have no desire to make the trek across the street to self parking. TIA
Sorry, we make the trek to the self-park lot many times during our stay
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #1550
nonzerosum
DIS Veteran

Any updates or pictures of the courtyard pool construction?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #1551
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

The Private Dining menu is at the bottom of the first page of this thread. There is a button on your in room phone, I don't think they will take the order until 24 hours ahead, but you can certainly call and ask them questions in advance. The number is 407-824-2474.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco PJ & Newly Started Trip Report!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Old 10-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #1552
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
Ok, there is a doorway between the vanity area and the hall but not an actual door like there is between the shower and the vanity area. You can still hear the dryer
Oops - sorry, I didn't mean the "nope" comment for you. I quoted you to highlight the fact there is a doorway but not an actual door. Didn't make it very clear, which illustrates the "meaning of posts" discussion, lol.

Quote:
I know many people don't mind the self park walk, some even enjoy it. I periodically think I'll save that $12/day, and make it through one day of hot car, rain, etc. before throwing in the towel and using valet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonzerosum View Post
Any updates or pictures of the courtyard pool construction?
I think it was cgulls who posted this link a week or so ago: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...urbishment.htm I haven't seen anything newer yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012DisneyWorldBride View Post
Thank you so much for your help!!!!
You're welcome.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 10-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #1553
bdklein
DIS Veteran

How about the beach pool construction? Is that done? Walls still up? Maybe not until DVC is done? Which to me appears to be way too close the volcano pool and beach.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:51 PM   #1554
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom

Oops - sorry, I didn't mean the "nope" comment for you. I quoted you to highlight the fact there is a doorway but not an actual door. Didn't make it very clear, which illustrates the "meaning of posts" discussion, lol.

I know many people don't mind the self park walk, some even enjoy it. I periodically think I'll save that $12/day, and make it through one day of hot car, rain, etc. before throwing in the towel and using valet.

I think it was cgulls who posted this link a week or so ago: http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disn...urbishment.htm I haven't seen anything newer yet.

You're welcome.
No problem take care
GF - 2009, 2010
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-16-2012, 05:59 AM   #1555
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
Valet is currently $12/day. Well worth it for us!
Thanks so much. Yes, worth it for us as well.

Now for another question. Do they put the valet fee for entire trip on your final bill or does it have to be paid daily? I am asking as we would like to use a Disney gift card to pay for that as well. Who ever handles our car, we will pay them their tip. We used the gift cards last year even the cabana with tip at CR and it was great.

Quote:
It's good exercise right. Our lives are very hectic as I am sure a lot of others are as well so when we go on vacation, we try to leave all that stuff behind. That includes trekking to the car. I am most scared about the drive down. I don't know what it is and can't put my finger on it. Oh wait, yes I can, my DH driving my new car..O k I will stop with the emoticons.

Last edited by CoachBagFanatic; 10-16-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #1556
baler31
DIS Veteran

Valet fees have always been on our folio at check out with the exception of one visit when the computers were not working on the day we checked out and they asked us to pay for the final day in cash as they were unable to post it to the room. Unlikely that would happen to you and it was just one nights fee.

[/U]
Quote:

Now for another question. Do they put the valet fee for entire trip on your final bill or does it have to be paid daily? I am asking as we would like to use a Disney gift card to pay for that as well. Who ever handles our car, we will pay them their tip. We used the gift cards last year even the cabana with tip at CR and it was great.

It's good exercise right. Our lives are very hectic as I am sure a lot of others are as well so when we go on vacation, we try to leave all that stuff behind. That includes trekking to the car. I am most scared about the drive down. I don't know what it is and can't put my finger on it. Oh wait, yes I can, my DH driving my new car..O k I will stop with the emoticons.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #1557
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I'm sure they will put it on your room...They put everything on your room! I told my brother to go park his car and he looked at me like I was crazy after circling the lot...He did valet both nights he was there.

Tom - Glad we are not the only ones. I still have the best time with him! My dd is still in young girl clothes but I am terrified of what is around the corner BTW - I saw Tarzan in a loin cloth with Jane in AdventureLand and was tempted to get my picture with him and send it to you - if only they had photopass there.....

I put on my Tinkerbell lotion this morning and realized now I smell like the Poly lobby....I wonder if one of the other lotions smells like the GF lobby (and if that is a good or a bad thing )

I actually have a parking question...When we go in Feb we are going to have a car. One day we have plans to go to MK and have dinner at GF Cafe. I would like to park at the GF, go to MK, go to dinner at the Cafe and then have our car there so we don't have to go back to the TTC. If we valet park in the morning can I use my TIW card at night to get my parking validated after dinner?
Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #1558
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
How about the beach pool construction? Is that done? Walls still up? Maybe not until DVC is done? Which to me appears to be way too close the volcano pool and beach.
So far, the walls around the beach pool are still up, though the beach pool bar is finished and open, and the splash zone is open. Most seem to think they will leave those walls up until at least the outside DVC work is complete, as they seem to be using that area of the beach for staging.

Quote:

You can do it either way, but I prefer to have it added to the bill each day. Makes it easier to see they didn't charge twice for the same day. I've had that happen a couple times and had to have the folio corrected.

Whichever way you do it, I would use that method for every day, or at least get a receipt for the days you pay. That way, if they accidentally add it to your folio, you can show you paid for the day.

Quote:
....I am most scared about the drive down. I don't know what it is and can't put my finger on it. Oh wait, yes I can, my DH driving my new car..O k I will stop with the emoticons.
I like the emoticons.

LOL about your DH driving your new car. We've driven down from Missouri many times, and the long drive can be boring. We try to make it more fun by stopping off at the beach on the way, or planning a favorite restaurant during the trip. For instance, there's a great seafood place in Pensacola we all love, so it's a treat to plan a stop there.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #1559
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

I see we were all posting at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baler31 View Post
Valet fees have always been on our folio at check out with the exception of one visit when the computers were not working on the day we checked out and they asked us to pay for the final day in cash as they were unable to post it to the room. Unlikely that would happen to you and it was just one nights fee.
Hey, you, good to see you! How was your trip in August?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I'm sure they will put it on your room...They put everything on your room! I told my brother to go park his car and he looked at me like I was crazy after circling the lot...He did valet both nights he was there.

Tom - Glad we are not the only ones. I still have the best time with him! My dd is still in young girl clothes but I am terrified of what is around the corner BTW - I saw Tarzan in a loin cloth with Jane in AdventureLand and was tempted to get my picture with him and send it to you - if only they had photopass there.....

I put on my Tinkerbell lotion this morning and realized now I smell like the Poly lobby....I wonder if one of the other lotions smells like the GF lobby (and if that is a good or a bad thing )

I actually have a parking question...When we go in Feb we are going to have a car. One day we have plans to go to MK and have dinner at GF Cafe. I would like to park at the GF, go to MK, go to dinner at the Cafe and then have our car there so we don't have to go back to the TTC. If we valet park in the morning can I use my TIW card at night to get my parking validated after dinner?
LOL about Tarzan.

I'm not sure about the TiW validation, as I think it says something about 3 hours of parking? I'll have to go look that up, maybe I'm thinking of something else.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #1560
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

Suitcase is now packed and travel documents are in carryon. Camera bag is ready as well. It appears it is going to be mid-80s day and high 60s at night -- I'm either in Sago or Conch -- as far as Pixie Dust goes, the forecast is all I need!

Quick last minute question -- I'm actually staying at Buena Vista Palace for first 3 days for conference I am speaking at -- that leaves me the luxury of checking in whenever I want at GF -- what do you recommend? I don't think Buena Vista Palace has baggage transfer with GF -- I will confirm when there, but not big deal, I 'm going to take a cab, so bags can go with me.

TIA,

Tom

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: