Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #1531
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Door to sink vanity area, and door to toilet shower area
Old 10-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #1532
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandDad
Random question here--my wife likes to wake up early and shower/blow dry her hair without waking up the kids--is there a door between the sink/vanity area and the room or is it open to the room? Thanks so much! Considering a first stay there!
There is a door between the shower and the vanity area, but not between the vanity and the room. The vanity area is off a short hall, but you can still hear the dryer from the beds.
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #1533
bdklein
DIS Veteran

I guess I was wrong? Door between bed area and hall??
Old 10-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #1534
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

I did not have a door between vanity and bed. I too was trying to dry my hair without waking dd. some days I was successful, others she woke up. I wonder if any resort has that without upgrading to a villa with one or more bedrooms..

Old 10-14-2012, 09:40 PM   #1535
DisneylandDad
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of your replies
Old 10-15-2012, 01:27 AM   #1536
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears

Question Regarding room size

HI All!!
I am new to this section of disboards. I am getting married in November and I booked a room at the Grand Floridian for me and all my girls to get ready in. It is a Outerbuilding deluxe room. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this particular room and do you think it's big enough to get my hair and make up done in this room with 8 other people. Apparently it has a balcony with 2 queen beds and sitting area. Under the outline of the room the lady sent me from Disney, It says BI Lodge Tower 2 queen beds.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some advice. I am kind of stressing about this situation!!!

Thanks so much
Rebecca
Old 10-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #1537
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I did not have a door between vanity and bed. I too was trying to dry my hair without waking dd. some days I was successful, others she woke up. I wonder if any resort has that without upgrading to a villa with one or more bedrooms..
The regular rooms at the Contemporary Resort have a door to the bathroom area (sinks and shower/tub), with a inner door to the toilet. However, the CR also has the worst sink design in the world.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-15-2012, 07:58 AM   #1538
DetTigsGal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

The regular rooms at the Contemporary Resort have a door to the bathroom area (sinks and shower/tub), with a inner door to the toilet. However, the CR also has the worst sink design in the world.
I was thinking the same thing, but I do not like the bathrooms at the CR since the remodel.

As a side, when we heard of the construction at the Grand while we would be there decided to stay somewhere else. I was thinking of going back to the CR, but decided against it because of the bathrooms ! lol
CR - 1996 (DS19 1st Trip), 1999 (DS14 1st Trip), 2003, 2007
GF - 2009, 2010
Grand Californian - 2011 (DS19 Graduation Trip)
WL CL - 2012
Old 10-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1539
jillmc40
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I have to know why it is so bad Speaking of sinks....At the GF the sink to the right had hardly any cold water pressure, but the sink to the left had tons...My bro and I were racing each other to use that sink...Yes, we still act like we are 5 around each other AND, does anyone else think the handles move in the wrong direction? Maybe it was just our room but I could not for the life of me remember to move it correctly. I did like how the sinks were slightly outward facing though. It gives you just a little more room...

Tom - when are you leaving?

Rebecca - Congrats!!! What a lovely place to get married! If you were in my room it would be way to crowded, but I was not in a deluxe room, so I can't really say. Good Luck, it will be beautiful!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:13 AM   #1540
HFC1969
Grand Floridian Junkie!

Happy Monday...

Just checking to see the latest updates on Mizner and or any construction updates...

Cant wait for next week...

UPDATE: Pool side bar - is closing at 11pm.. Mizners closing at midnight. Per Julian at Concierge planning..

Last edited by HFC1969; 10-15-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #1541
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
I'm just catching up and saw this, pas130. Looks like my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be

I can't wait to see photos from those of you who will soon be visiting the Grand
LOL - I often misread posts and have to go back to catch the intent.

I'm waiting to see more photos of the construction, or any for that matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
I, too, enjoy just being there. Walking around the shops, sitting on the balcony watching the people walking to and fro, stopping in at Gasparillas for a drink. Will stop by for a look this trip, can't ignore the gingerbread house and basin, and look forward to our next stay there.

Saw a couple pics of the new splash area...looks neat.
We nearly always spend time at the Grand, even when staying in other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneylandDad View Post
Random question here--my wife likes to wake up early and shower/blow dry her hair without waking up the kids--is there a door between the sink/vanity area and the room or is it open to the room? Thanks so much! Considering a first stay there!
Check out post #8 on the first page - the very first photo is of the hallway leading to the beds, you can see the vanity area to the left. No doors, unfortunately for those who want to use the blow dryer while others sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetTigsGal View Post
There is a door between the shower and the vanity area, but not between the vanity and the room. The vanity area is off a short hall, but you can still hear the dryer from the beds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdklein View Post
I guess I was wrong? Door between bed area and hall??
Nope. If you look at post #8 on the first page, you can see what we're talking about - I'm sure it will jog your memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnbecca09 View Post
HI All!!
I am new to this section of disboards. I am getting married in November and I booked a room at the Grand Floridian for me and all my girls to get ready in. It is a Outerbuilding deluxe room. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this particular room and do you think it's big enough to get my hair and make up done in this room with 8 other people. Apparently it has a balcony with 2 queen beds and sitting area. Under the outline of the room the lady sent me from Disney, It says BI Lodge Tower 2 queen beds.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could give me some advice. I am kind of stressing about this situation!!!

Thanks so much
Rebecca
Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

I've never stayed in an outer building deluxe, but from photos I would say it will be a bit tight. Still, it could work. Check out this link from the 2010 FAQ - scroll down to post #25 for photos of the outer bldg. deluxe, posted by Little Lulu. These are of the Sugar Loaf deluxe (club level, not the BI room you are describing) and prior to the 2007 room renovations so you see the old decor - but it will still give you an idea of the size and layout. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2427062&page=2

ETA: the sofa no longer folds out, for anyone wondering. You can get a rollaway, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmc40 View Post
I have to know why it is so bad Speaking of sinks....At the GF the sink to the right had hardly any cold water pressure, but the sink to the left had tons...My bro and I were racing each other to use that sink...Yes, we still act like we are 5 around each other AND, does anyone else think the handles move in the wrong direction? Maybe it was just our room but I could not for the life of me remember to move it correctly. I did like how the sinks were slightly outward facing though. It gives you just a little more room...

We have had rooms where the sinks have varying degrees of water pressure, too. It seems to be random, not every room has this issue, but annoying when you get one. Funny about you and your brother racing to the "good" sink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC1969 View Post
Happy Monday...

Just checking to see the latest updates on Mizner and or any construction updates...

Cant wait for next week...

UPDATE: Pool side bar - is closing at 11pm.. Mizners closing at midnight. Per Julian at Concierge planning..
Thanks for the update!
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #1542
KonaKaiTom
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=jillmc40;46448605]Tom - when are you leaving?

Jill - in 6 LONNNNNNGGGGGG days! We just got our Halloween outfits on Saturday. Catherine is going to be Little Red Riding Hood and I am a Pirate of the Caribbean (imaginatinative, hunh?). I don't know how parents of girls deal with costumes. Catherine walked into the store and when the first person asked what she wanted to be "I'm little but I'm just turning 14 -- I don't want to be a bumblebee, but I don't want to be a ****!) Seriously, her Red Riding costume came with fishnets -- fortunately, because she isn't even 5', the length comes to her knees. But, these outfits are way to provocative for little girls.

Tom
Old 10-15-2012, 01:23 PM   #1543
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
CoachBagFanatic - I buy Stargazer lilies occasionally. The smell always reminds my daughter and me of the GF

Oh I guess I am going to have to go and get myself some lilies.
Next year will be the first time since 2001 that we are driving down to FLA. Does anyone know what the nightly valet fee is? We have no desire to make the trek across the street to self parking. TIA
Old 10-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #1544
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears

Rebecca - Congrats!!! What a lovely place to get married! If you were in my room it would be way to crowded, but I was not in a deluxe room, so I can't really say. Good Luck, it will be beautiful![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information!!!!! I hope it works out!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #1545
rnbecca09
Earning My Ears

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding.

I've never stayed in an outer building deluxe, but from photos I would say it will be a bit tight. Still, it could work. Check out this link from the 2010 FAQ - scroll down to post #25 for photos of the outer bldg. deluxe, posted by Little Lulu. These are of the Sugar Loaf deluxe (club level, not the BI room you are describing) and prior to the 2007 room renovations so you see the old decor - but it will still give you an idea of the size and layout. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2427062&page=2

ETA: the sofa no longer folds out, for anyone wondering. You can get a rollaway, though.

Thanks for all the information, its much appreciated!!!!!!!!

We have had rooms where the sinks have varying degrees of water pressure, too. It seems to be random, not every room has this issue, but annoying when you get one. Funny about you and your brother racing to the "good" sink.

Thanks for the update![/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: