Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #136
beckysko
Mouseketeer

I'm going through the room descriptions - would you say that all the suites are either in Sago Key or in the Main building? I'm trying to figure out where our room will be

DH refuses to question the girl who booked the conference rooms, for fear of her realizing that she booked us an awesome suite by mistake (she said a suite was cheaper than 2 adjoining regular rooms for the conference rate...).

I also told DH that all the suites are 'club level' so we'll get all those perks (read: free snacks!) and he refuses to believe me and says I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I am excited regardless...started packing the baby's suitcase today! My sister (20) already packed!

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #137
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

beckysko - I'm pretty sure there are one and two bedroom suites in all the outer buildings! Do you have a one bedroom outer bldg. suite? That would definitely be the one that is less than 2 rooms - the 2 BR suites start at $2,000 per night and go up, depending on season. Same with most main building suites.

The Everglades Suite (2 BR) is in Conch Key, and the Cape Coral Suite is in Sago Cay(2BR) - here is a link to a previous thread where Misti posted some photos of the Cape Coral. Scroll down to post #577: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....158108&page=39

I'll post a link to the WDW website descriptions of the suites, which clearly state each one is entitled to club level benefits. If that doesn't convince your DH, I guess he'll get a pleasant surprise when you arrive. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...a/rates-rooms/ Suite descriptions start about halfway down the page, after "Main building - Deluxe King Room - Club Level".
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #138
beckysko
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post
beckysko - I'm pretty sure there are one and two bedroom suites in all the outer buildings! Do you have a one bedroom outer bldg. suite? That would definitely be the one that is less than 2 rooms - the 2 BR suites start at $2,000 per night and go up, depending on season. Same with most main building suites.

The Everglades Suite (2 BR) is in Conch Key, and the Cape Coral Suite is in Sago Cay(2BR) - here is a link to a previous thread where Misti posted some photos of the Cape Coral. Scroll down to post #577: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....158108&page=39

I'll post a link to the WDW website descriptions of the suites, which clearly state each one is entitled to club level benefits. If that doesn't convince your DH, I guess he'll get a pleasant surprise when you arrive. http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...a/rates-rooms/ Suite descriptions start about halfway down the page, after "Main building - Deluxe King Room - Club Level".
I know it's really hard to get a straight answer about the suites (save from calling GF I suppose...), but if all suites are club, then they can only be in the buildings that have club concierge right (so the main building and Sugarloaf?) What we have is a 1 bdrm suite - so it has a bedroom on one side, and adjoining to it is a room with a couch. There is a door between the two rooms, and there are 2 bathrooms.

CSR in Feb 2014!!!!
2012 split stay GF/AOA (June)2010 Pop Century (July/Aug)2008 Pop Century (Aug)1989/1985/1986 offsite (Vistana)
Old 06-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #139
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysko View Post
I know it's really hard to get a straight answer about the suites (save from calling GF I suppose...), but if all suites are club, then they can only be in the buildings that have club concierge right (so the main building and Sugarloaf?) What we have is a 1 bdrm suite - so it has a bedroom on one side, and adjoining to it is a room with a couch. There is a door between the two rooms, and there are 2 bathrooms.
No - all suites are NOT located only in all club buildings. You have to walk over to either the SL lounge or the main bldg. lounge from the suites in other outer buildings. As I mentioned above, the Everglades Suite is in Conch Key (not a club level building) and the Cape Coral is in Sago Cay (not a club building). There are various one and two bedroom suites located in all the outer buildings - you could be placed in any one of the outer buildings.

If the room description for your suite does not include the words "One BR Suite - Sugar Loaf" then you will be in one of the non-CL buildings.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Old 06-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #140
CoachBagFanatic
My two Shiba babies :-)

Location: Somewhere between here and there!! Just as long as there is a Coach store in the middle I am happy :) Love the Dropkick Murphys!!

Well, my GF junkies, our stay was short lived. DH woke up this morning and yes, we have discussed the construction many times and he is really not liking the whole construction thing. So we won't be staying at the GF this time. So we are staying at the YC instead. My other favorite. I am so going to miss the GF but we are definitely going to visit. I am upset but I completely understand that this vacation is for all of us. Not just me.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #141
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic View Post
Well, my GF junkies, our stay was short lived. DH woke up this morning and yes, we have discussed the construction many times and he is really not liking the whole construction thing. So we won't be staying at the GF this time. So we are staying at the YC instead. My other favorite. I am so going to miss the GF but we are definitely going to visit. I am upset but I completely understand that this vacation is for all of us. Not just me.
Awww - so sorry! I know how much you were looking forward to being back at the Grand. I certainly understand the feeling about the construction, we felt the same. As I've mentioned, we would only stay at the GF during construction if there was a terrific discount, and at the moment it is decidedly not.

I'm glad YC is another favorite, and I'm sure you'll have a great time. SAB in the summer is so awesome!

Hope you'll continue to visit us, even though you are not staying at the GF this trip.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #142
gr8vthsfam
Mouseketeer

GF Kids Club closing?!

Hi all;
Been reading and appreciate all the info on the boards; so helpful as it has been a few years since our last visit.

I called at my 180 date to reserve kids club at the GF (we are staying there) while DH and I have our anniversary dinner at Citricos. They are not taking reservations because they say that it will be under renovations starting in Aug - or ending in August?? Obviously I did not understand him very well, LOL. Anyway, this is a big bummer for sure. Does anyone have any more info about the down time, where it is located, is/was the kids club (mousekeeters club) where the construction is happening?

Thanks!

WDL '78
WDW '94
WDW '98 CBR
WDW '01 GF
WDW '06 GF
WDW '12 GF
DCL '12 Dream
WDW '12 YC
Old 06-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #143
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8vthsfam View Post
Hi all;
Been reading and appreciate all the info on the boards; so helpful as it has been a few years since our last visit.

I called at my 180 date to reserve kids club at the GF (we are staying there) while DH and I have our anniversary dinner at Citricos. They are not taking reservations because they say that it will be under renovations starting in Aug - or ending in August?? Obviously I did not understand him very well, LOL. Anyway, this is a big bummer for sure. Does anyone have any more info about the down time, where it is located, is/was the kids club (mousekeeters club) where the construction is happening?

Thanks!
I can't answer your closure question, but I just want to suggest you make a reservation instead for the Neverland Club at the Poly.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #144
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all;

Thanks!
Welcome! Thanks for the info on the kid's club closure, I'll have to add that to the first page.

The Mouseketeer Club is right next to Gasaparilla's Grill & Games - about as far away from the construction of DVC as you can get on GF property. My guess is they are doing a renovation to update the facility, possibly not even related to the DVC construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I can't answer your closure question, but I just want to suggest you make a reservation instead for the Neverland Club at the Poly.
This is just what I was going to suggest, too. I know many DISers reserve the Poly kid's club while at the GF, and vice versa.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #145
gr8vthsfam
Mouseketeer

Thanks. I did make the reservation for the Neverland Club so that we have something, it is just not convenient to our plans and adds on more time than I wanted in order to drop off and pick up.
I have been weighing the pros and cons of staying during the construction, and just assumed that the GF would have made contingency plans for the kids club. So I am a little disappointed that they have not. At least with the spa closure I knew that going in prior to making my reservation and they are providing transportation. Any other hotel and I normally would not care... it is just the nicest hotel on property and having stayed there twice in the past, my expectations are naturally high.

WDL '78
WDW '94
WDW '98 CBR
WDW '01 GF
WDW '06 GF
WDW '12 GF
DCL '12 Dream
WDW '12 YC
Old 06-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #146
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. I did make the reservation for the Neverland Club so that we have something, it is just not convenient to our plans and adds on more time than I wanted in order to drop off and pick up.
I have been weighing the pros and cons of staying during the construction, and just assumed that the GF would have made contingency plans for the kids club. So I am a little disappointed that they have not. At least with the spa closure I knew that going in prior to making my reservation and they are providing transportation. Any other hotel and I normally would not care... it is just the nicest hotel on property and having stayed there twice in the past, my expectations are naturally high.
I understand your qualms, and don't blame you if you choose to book elsewhere during the construction.

My guess is they feel sending guests to the Neverland IS the contingency plan, if you get what I mean. It is quite close - if you have a rental car, it would only take about 5 minutes to get there, 5 to get back. If you take the boat over, maybe 20 minutes for the travel time, as you could boat over (Poly is next stop from boat dock), drop off at Neverland, monorail back (Citricos is down the hall from monorail station).

Sorry your plans are having to change, the construction is disrupting the resort for sure.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #147
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

CoachBagFanatic, sorry to hear you won't be staying at the GF this trip, however at least you are in another favorite resort. And you can go over to the GF and visit!

K&a&c'smom, I went to the link you provided for the Sago Cay 2 bedroom suite. That porch is AMAZING. Some day I am going to sit on that porch with all my DIS friends! You, pas and Lulu'smom get reserved chairs! I laughed when I saw the pictures of breakfast at the GFC, Shelly our favorite waitress was in the pictures. She has been there for years and we always request her.

beckysko, so excited for you for your trip. Please, please let us know all about what suite you end up with! And if you are in a suite, you get access to CL. You will love it!
Old 06-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #148
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Cruiser View Post
K&a&c'smom, I went to the link you provided for the Sago Cay 2 bedroom suite. That porch is AMAZING. Some day I am going to sit on that porch with all my DIS friends! You, pas and Lulu'smom get reserved chairs! I laughed when I saw the pictures of breakfast at the GFC, Shelly our favorite waitress was in the pictures. She has been there for years and we always request her.
Aren't Misti's photos amazing?! Love her shots, they are all beautiful.

I agree, that porch is something, I will be looking forward to my reserved chair. I was enchanted with her TPV room balcony - I'm not sure, but think I passed up a Sago Cay first floor room on our very first stay at the GF. I had requested a view of the castle (back when the TPV was luck of the draw) and an upper floor; when we checked in, I was disappointed they had assigned a first floor room, and asked to be moved. We ended up in Big Pine Key, which was great and we had a beautiful view of the lagoon, CR and castle, but I vaguely recall Sago was the building we were offered. When we grew more familiar with the resort, I kicked myself.

I do not remember the waitress you mentioned - you would think I would, we eat there at least once every trip! I'm bad about getting names of favorite servers, we rarely remember for future visits, phooey. I do recall our favorite serving team at V&A's, we've requested them several times.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #149
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Although we have never stayed at the BCV we have stayed at BLT. Background: We have stayed at the GF (RPC many times, SL 1 time and the YC CL (3 times). At first I was truly hesitant about staying at BLT but I have to tell you, we really enjoyed it and we did not feel that the vibe was any different. We stayed in 1 bdrm villa and we will be staying there again in 19 days after our GF RPC stay.

Maybe you should head over to the YC/BC thread. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2932091 The posters over there are super helpful as well.
Thank you for the reassurance about staying DVC! And I have already done quite a bit of research on the YC/BC thread, which I agree is super helpful! I have just grown accustomed to the posters on this thread. Have a great stay at the GF RPC and BCV! So jealous your trip is so soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

We love BC, too! Tried it once in...2003?...and weren't wowed, but went back a couple summers ago and fell in love with the ambiance and proximity to Epcot and DHS.

We have not stayed on the villas side, but I know BCV23 loves it there, spends time there every trip, I think. If she is reading, I hope she'll pop in with her thoughts on the difference between the resort and villas.
Thanks, k&a&c'smom! I would love to read about BCV23's experiences if she sees this. And I remember your posting that you love the BC. It was one of the first deluxe resorts that we ever visited and it was love at first sight. We always visit the resort during each of our trips, but it has been too long since we've stayed there. I am definitely looking forward to experiencing it again as a resort guest.
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
Old 06-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #150
JoBird
Proud Charter Member of the Tagless Clique
I almost got a tag about clean butter but then the tag fairy saw I don't like tags

Quote:
I'm so very sorry that you don't get to stay at the Grand!! In reading some of your posts, I could feel how excited you were.

I'm glad, though, that you love the YC and get to stay there instead. It will still be a wonderful vacation for you.

And when you get to go back to the GF to stay in the future, she will be in tip top shape once again!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: