Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #166
tiggrbaby
We must work harder to stay under the radar for this oneWe always bring our own inflatable noodle

Lovely update! I remember forcing my boys to have their pic taken with that nut guy in '02. Your dress is very pretty and the white background pics came out great!

DISboards 2104 Book Challenge: 42/40
DISboards 2013 Book Challenge: 36/35
tiggrbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:46 AM   #167
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

bargain dress. They had a couple of adult only tours on my Alaska cruise as well.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM   #168
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Love your report, Corinna! (today, especially, because I see what else my husband missed on that tour because his bus broke down - they never made it to the orchid place) Your photos always come out SO well, and the love between you two is clear.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #169
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Love your report, Corinna! (today, especially, because I see what else my husband missed on that tour because his bus broke down - they never made it to the orchid place) Your photos always come out SO well, and the love between you two is clear.
What did you do on Hawaii day, Linda?

Corinna--we were on one of those bicycle excursions around Kilauea.

We did not get heavy rain, only a few drizzles while biking but did see wet pavement and one biker slipped and hit a stopped car. Before the ambulance got there she was taken care of by the two biking leaders (sons of the owner) and when she was taken to the ER the owner came to make sure she was not kept waiting. All tests were done pronto and read by MDs who the owner knew personally so that lady and her husband were back on board the WONDER that night.

I was IMPRESSED!! I think the measure of a good excursion is how they handle emergencies, not how they react when everything is normal.

Jan
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 07-02-2012 at 03:53 PM.
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #170
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

What a fabulous excursion. The lava tubes looked especially fun. I hope the acupuncture helped the next day.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #171
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Lovely update! I remember forcing my boys to have their pic taken with that nut guy in '02. Your dress is very pretty and the white background pics came out great!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
bargain dress. They had a couple of adult only tours on my Alaska cruise as well.
I could not believe it when I saw the price of the dress and just knew I had to have it. I have to keep my eyes out for the adult only excursions for Alaska.

Quote:
We saw the broken down bus on the way. Other than the Orchid Garden, did he manage to do everything else? I think we were the only bus that ended up at the Orchid Garden. It was nothing to write home about.

Graham is definitely the love of my life. We have our ups and downs, but that is pretty normal.

I am curious, too, what you did that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
What did you do on Hawaii day, Linda?

Corinna--we were on one of those bicycle excursions around Kilauea.

We did not get heavy rain, only a few drizzles while biking but did see wet pavement and one biker slipped and hit a stopped car. Before the ambulance got there she was taken care of by the two biking leaders (sons of the owner) and when she was taken to the ER the owner came to make sure she was not kept waiting. All tests were done pronto and read by MDs that the owner knew personally so that lady and her husband were back on board the WONDER that night.

I was IMPRESSED!! I think the measure of a good excursion is how they handle emergencies, not how they react when everything is normal.

Jan
I agree that the best way to see what a company or organization is like is to see how they react when something goes wrong. Looks like the tour company got full marks there.

Did you enjoy this excursion? I know that this is something Graham really wants to do the next time we go to Hawaii. Unfortunately the Pride of America no longer has an overnight stop at Hilo, but stops at Kona the next day. So he may stay ashore at the end of the Hilo day, do an excursion that includes cycling down the volcano at sunrise and then rejoin the ship at Kona. As the Pride of America is American registered and therefore not tied to the Passenger Services Act, this should be OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
What a fabulous excursion. The lava tubes looked especially fun. I hope the acupuncture helped the next day.
It was a great excursion, but ended up being my least favourite of the lot. However, this is in no way meant to throw a negative light on this excursion, but the others were absolutely amazing. I am in the process of typing up our Maui day at the moment so you should find out on Thursday with a bit of luck if the Acupuncture helped.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #172
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

I was glad to read this report, at some point we plan on visiting Aulani, but will precede the trip with a visit to the Big Island. Sorry to hear about Crater Rim Road, that has always been a highlight of a visit to that park, but the lava tube is probably the coolest part of the trip.

Love your dress!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #173
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post

I agree that the best way to see what a company or organization is like is to see how they react when something goes wrong. Looks like the tour company got full marks there.

Did you enjoy this excursion? I know that this is something Graham really wants to do the next time we go to Hawaii. Unfortunately the Pride of America no longer has an overnight stop at Hilo, but stops at Kona the next day. So he may stay ashore at the end of the Hilo day, do an excursion that includes cycling down the volcano at sunrise and then rejoin the ship at Kona. As the Pride of America is American registered and therefore not tied to the Passenger Services Act, this should be OK.

Corinna
Yes we enjoyed the excursion. The van driver was SHAWN, if memory serves, and the Bike Leader was NATE.

There was an uphill that I had to walk my bike but no one minded. They all wandered about the scenic overlook and considered the view until I got there and we headed to the lava tube together.

The company is: NUI POKAHU *
http://hawaiivolcanoadventuretours.com/index.html
and they provide other tours besides the biking. Some people have arranged for private tours according to the blog entries and comment page.

Jan

* Nate told me that NUI POKAHU means "many rocks" and if the words were reversed POHAKU NUI it would mean "big rock".
Interesting?

DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 07-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
JLSE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:41 PM   #174
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
I am curious, too, what you did that day.

Corinna

First, I got a taxi downtown Hilo - very nice driver - he stopped at a mailboxes type place for me so I could get some mailing boxes. Then I went to the scrapbook store - Island Scrapbooking - and walked up to Long's drugs to buy Kona Coffee, and some sundries. Called the Taxi when I went in and he was there with an umbrella to meet me when I came out.

By afternoon, the skies had cleared. I went on the Disney excursion to the National Tropical Botanical Garden. Not nearly long enough, of course, but I loved it.

Next time, we will rent a car and do both his excursion and mine, together, on our own.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #175
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I was glad to read this report, at some point we plan on visiting Aulani, but will precede the trip with a visit to the Big Island. Sorry to hear about Crater Rim Road, that has always been a highlight of a visit to that park, but the lava tube is probably the coolest part of the trip.

Love your dress!
The lava tube was pretty cool. I have to say I am looking forward to seeing the other side of the island.

Quote:
Yes we enjoyed the excursion. The van driver was SHAWN, if memory serves, and the Bike Leader was NATE.

There was an uphill that I had to walk my bike but no one minded. They all wandered about the scenic overlook and considered the view until I got there and we headed to the lava tube together.

The company is: NUI POKAHU *
http://hawaiivolcanoadventuretours.com/index.html
and they provide other tours besides the biking. Some people have arranged for private tours according to the blog entries and comment page.

Jan

* Nate told me that NUI POKAHU means "many rocks" and if the words were reversed POHAKU NUI it would mean "big rock".
Interesting?

Thanks, I have bookmarked this for future reference.

Quote:
First, I got a taxi downtown Hilo - very nice driver - he stopped at a mailboxes type place for me so I could get some mailing boxes. Then I went to the scrapbook store - Island Scrapbooking - and walked up to Long's drugs to buy Kona Coffee, and some sundries. Called the Taxi when I went in and he was there with an umbrella to meet me when I came out.

By afternoon, the skies had cleared. I went on the Disney excursion to the National Tropical Botanical Garden. Not nearly long enough, of course, but I loved it.

Next time, we will rent a car and do both his excursion and mine, together, on our own.
Sounds like you had a productive and enjoyable day.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #176
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggrbaby View Post
Quote:
Why did you get out of the boat??

Quote:
I would have flipped out too!
Quote:
Thanks. I have never won one of Ducky's drawings either, but I just love listening to him. Having this opportunity is a gift in its own right.

Thanks. Making jewellery is my big passion.

I have the first port day ready and will post it on Sunday.

I know. I have met him three times now and he is so down to earth.

The Grand Marnier Soufflé is amazing. I love this, but don't like the famous Palo Chocolate Soufflé at all.

I can absolutely understand that he freaked out.

Corinna
Because you guys know that I am a little crazy right?

This is me trying to get my feet out of the mud, they were suctioned to the mud at the bottom...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:20 PM   #177
dgbg100106

Wonderful update, and I love the dress.. For $20 that is a true steal!

The lava tubes, look like much fun, I will have to do that on my next trip to Hawaii. I have that same "Nut Guy" picture! I bet everyone that goes there snaps he mug...

Very busy but wonderful day for you both.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #178
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Brandi,

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #179
dgbg100106

Quote:
Brandi,
Pam.....

The guide told me I was safe.....

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 07-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #180
Shell54
DIS Veteran

Fun update. I would have been all over that 20dollar dress too..what a buy. Looking forward to more

Disney Magic 8/12

Shell54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: