Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #121
Dream Big Live Grand
Earning My Ears

Hey DreamBigLiveGrand
Nice name. Great minds think alike
Dream Big Live Grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #122
itisamymc
Mouseketeer

There are pics / reviews of the new pool bar food, where?
itisamymc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #123
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Does anyone knows when will all these refurbishments will be finished? Are they just upgrading the public areas/restaurants or do they have plans to refurbish the rooms too??

Previous trips
24-28 June 2004 Kyriad Hotel - Disneyland Paris
22-26 Dec 2004 Newport Bay Hotel - Disneyland Paris
3-6 April 2006 Santa Fe Hotel - Disneyland Paris
18-21 Dec 2006 Cheyenne Hotel - Disneyland Paris
11-16 July 2007 Disneyland Hotel (Castle Club) - Disneyland Paris
Feb 2010 Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge - Magic Kingdom
Dec 2011 Sequoia Lodge - Disneyland Paris
4 Feb 2012 - Hong Kong Disneyland
chinhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #124
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

there are plans to do the rooms over also.. No date as of yet.. but it should be in the next year. They will close off a building at a time. You should not notice anything really about those rehabs unless they are doing any outside work (painting, etc. )

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #125
chinhk
Mouseketeer

We have just booked to stay at the GF from Sept 8th - 15th 2013. Have always wanted to stay at this amazing looking resort so I seriously hope our stay will not be affected by the refurbishments if there's any at that time.

By the look of it, I guess all the public areas and restaurants would have been fully refurbished by then?

Previous trips
Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #126
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

The main refurb will probably be done by then. The pool should be done by spring, Sandy Cove is already open... Gaspies is supposed to open this week... You really shouldn't know about the indoor renovations and if it is.. it will be minor.

The DVC building will probably be enclosed by then and they will be working on the inside.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 12-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #127
chinhk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. Really good to know everything should be back to normal or near normal by then.

Previous trips
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #128
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Just got back from the GF. Still LOTS of construction. Working on loading the pics...

Gasparilla's was still closed when we were there. The courtyard pool is still closed as I'm sure everyone already knows, but they weren't even working on it at all. Nothing. Not a peep coming from behind those walls. And I talked to another DISer in the elevator of the SL building and she had a view right into it from her room (we were on the other side of the building) and she said there wasn't anyone doing anything in there. Weird!

Definitely lots of work going on at the new DVC building. Lots of work and lots of noise. You can definitely hear and see it from the beach pool.

And still no beach access - all walled off.
Momof2Disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #129
jcondrad
Mouseketeer

Checking out this morning, GG is supposed to open today but as of right now the construction walls are still up.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

jcondrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #130
minmick93
Earning My Ears

Gasparilla's to Open Dec 22

Just got back from GF this afternoon. Staff in Mizner's said that Gasparilla's is opening on 22 Dec...as others have said, there is a LOT going on at the Grand, but it would not deter me from staying there. We had an awesome time, stayed in a garden room in Sago Cay (thanks for the advice on requesting that!) and the decorations are amazing! Despite many trips to WDW, we had never been to see the Christmas decorations and they were beautiful...already planning next year's trip! Don't miss the Candlelight Processional or the Very Merry Christmas party--so much fun!

MinMick93
GF Groupies
minmick93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #131
Tink rules

they forgot to install the lights in the main pool... that's why the delay...

there are pics on wdw magic - the roof supports are being installed

Good news on Gaspies!!!

Old 12-18-2012, 07:59 AM   #132
chinhk
Mouseketeer

We have also booked two garden view rooms. Can we request a specific building? Considering conch key due to its close proximity to the boat stop but it is quite far away from the main building. Any other suggestions?

Previous trips
Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #133
Tink rules

Conch isn't all that far.. it's really a comfortable resort to get around in.

Come join us over on this thread... more info on the GF...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post46949169

Old 12-18-2012, 01:05 PM   #134
ktlm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinhk
We have also booked two garden view rooms. Can we request a specific building? Considering conch key due to its close proximity to the boat stop but it is quite far away from the main building. Any other suggestions?
We really liked the view from our Garden View in Conch Key last year. We also loved being near the boat dock as it seems like hardly anyone takes the boat over to MK in the mornings. We were the only ones on the boat one morning, it was great.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #135
bdklein
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktlm View Post
We really liked the view from our Garden View in Conch Key last year. We also loved being near the boat dock as it seems like hardly anyone takes the boat over to MK in the mornings. We were the only ones on the boat one morning, it was great.
For us it's monorail to the MK and boat back. One stop each way. Just makes sense to us.
bdklein is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: