Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 AM   #121
Minnie
DIS Veteran

I am soooooo very sad tonight - we have to once again this year postpone our trip due to my darn wisdom teeth

Last year it was for DS's birthday and now this year for his high school graduation trip - I feel like such a crappy mom right now The only time the oral surgeon can get me in is either the afternoon of his bacaloreate (I'm having 3 cut out under the bone) which is 3 days prior to his graduation ceremony or the day we were to leave on vacation

We are going to try to reschedule for later in the summer but I had made so many plans for him - 1st SWW, 1st trip to DC, 1st stay CL level - I know it's just a vacation but still I feel just terrible this is happening

Sorry to be a downer I'm just very well sad tonight and feeling oh so guilty and just a bad mom
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #122
*Dreamin'Dad*
DISer since 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyoz View Post
This has so much information on it, such a great help. We will be at the BC from 23 Sept to 5 Oct. Can't wait, never been to the US let alone WDW
You will get the longest distance traveled award! Congrats on the vacation and you WILL have a magical time. Plan away!

In on the thread as well. Solidified 2 bedroom BCV - December 16th for a week. Looking forward to our first Christmas at WDW and the BC.

MVMCP tickets also attained. Now if I can just get those Wishes Dessert Party tix my mission will be complete
4/03-Swan & 4/05-Swan--7/07 WL--3/09-CSR
3/10-CBR--6/11-Saratoga & POR--12/12 BCV--7/14-BC
*Dreamin'Dad* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 05:22 AM   #123
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I am soooooo very sad tonight - we have to once again this year postpone our trip due to my darn wisdom teeth

Last year it was for DS's birthday and now this year for his high school graduation trip - I feel like such a crappy mom right now The only time the oral surgeon can get me in is either the afternoon of his bacaloreate (I'm having 3 cut out under the bone) which is 3 days prior to his graduation ceremony or the day we were to leave on vacation

We are going to try to reschedule for later in the summer but I had made so many plans for him - 1st SWW, 1st trip to DC, 1st stay CL level - I know it's just a vacation but still I feel just terrible this is happening

Sorry to be a downer I'm just very well sad tonight and feeling oh so guilty and just a bad mom

Minnie- I'm so very sorry to hear this.

I don't have any advice, but I hope it all works out for you.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #124
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Wow! A few days away from the Dis boards and I am waaayyyy behind!! I missed the last few pages of the previous thread and this one is already up to 8 pages!!

Thank you Dee for making the thread move painless for those of us new around here!

Nannette: your plans for your DD's Disneymoon sound amazing!! It will be a time in her life she will never forget thanks to the great gift you are giving her!!

We are approaching the 2 month mark until our return to BC! I look forward to every trip to Disney but for some reason this year I seem to be looking forward to it even more than usual.

I am thinking I may want to request a room with a full balcony this year. We had a Juliet one last year and my DH and I would love to be able to have one we could sit out on with a cocktail (or two). Should I call to add this request or would I be okay to add the request during my online check in? And if I do call to make the request, would I be better to do online check in or would my chances of getting the balcony be better if I waited to check in? TIA for any recommendations!!
There is no place to include this request during the online checkin process.

You should call (the regular Disney reservation line) to add "Full balcony, please" as a request to your reservation.

I also suggest that you call about 10 days to a week before your trip to make sure that the request is listed.

It is better to check in in person instead of online in your situation. That way, before your keys are cut, you can discuss with the CM where your room is located and if it has a full balcony. If it doesn't, you can see if there is another room available that does. If there isn't, and you are willing to wait a day or two and switch rooms later in your trip, you can see if that is an option.

The online checkin is designed for guests who don't have any questions and are ready to take their keys/vacation package and go.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #125
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry you're having a hard time and hope you get something sorted for later in the summer. The fact that you feel like a "bad mom" means you're definitely not so hang in there
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:37 AM   #126
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts for me today
The sun is shining here and I know we will get through today.

Feckless you will love Italy-its such a child-friendly place
luvpoohandcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:42 AM   #127
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffites Landing View Post
I think we clearly need a flame war! Yacht Club versus Beach Club. Ok so, a place called the "Yacht Club" sounds so much fancier than a place called the Beach Club. I mean, it isn't even a real beach. It's made up.

Alright, so my hearts not in this. But... Go Yacht Club!
As Keeper of the Thread, it is very important that I remain impartial in this discussion, so I won't engage in any debates about the virtues of the Beach Club vs. "The Dark Side"

And by the way, in case any of you happen to miss it:

Why yes, my ticker does say ONE WEEK!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #128
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Uh huh Sure.... SLAM INTENDED I'm sure Lets start trouble on this thread... it's far to formal!!!

I'm gonna blame my comments on my pain meds

~Nannette

J/K incase anyone takes me serious!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Oooh, trouble - that sounds like fun!

I'm gonna send a PM to Feckless to let her know you are on drugs and slamming her.
Quote:
I think we clearly need a flame war! Yacht Club versus Beach Club. Ok so, a place called the "Yacht Club" sounds so much fancier than a place called the Beach Club. I mean, it isn't even a real beach. It's made up.

Nooooooo!! i actually think I should delete all Internet postings from yesterday.

Quote:

Oh, so sorry you have to postpone! But you have to take care of you too. There is always something great going on at Disney and you aren't canceling. Maybe just plan something different? Like a tour?

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #129
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyoz View Post
This has so much information on it, such a great help. We will be at the BC from 23 Sept to 5 Oct. Can't wait, never been to the US let alone WDW

Sounds like quite an exciting trip for you!!! If we can help by answering any questions for you, let us know!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dreamin'Dad* View Post
You will get the longest distance traveled award! Congrats on the vacation and you WILL have a magical time. Plan away!

In on the thread as well. Solidified 2 bedroom BCV - December 16th for a week. Looking forward to our first Christmas at WDW and the BC.

MVMCP tickets also attained. Now if I can just get those Wishes Dessert Party tix my mission will be complete

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:54 AM   #130
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts for me today
The sun is shining here and I know we will get through today.

Feckless you will love Italy-its such a child-friendly place
Hang in there today! I lost my dad almost 14 years ago so I know tha time helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
As Keeper of the Thread, it is very important that I remain impartial in this discussion, so I won't engage in any debates about the virtues of the Beach Club vs. "The Dark Side"

One week sure does deserve a

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 AM   #131
natebenma
DIS Veteran

A shout out of "THANK YOU!!!" to all of our Veterans, Active Service Personnel and their families for the sacrifices they make for all of us.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #132
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Sorry folks, but I am not much of a post-er. I do read every link, though, and especially loved the recent Feckless daily reports. They made me feel like I was there. I was just in the hospital. Caught a bad bacteria and missed the last few days of pages before the new thread. But, I appreciated the way the first pages of this thread still contained all of the basic info (and priceless pictures of Princess Lilly when she was new!). We have been to the YC before, but there is always something new to learn. My something new today was the YC/BC DISer pin. Are they still available? Could I get one for my daughter? She loves pins collecting. Could someone fill me in?

I didn't see you on the Be Our Guest list when I updated it just now, so if you would like to be added, let us know your dates.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 AM   #133
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You mean "Go Dark Side".
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:38 AM   #134
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post

One week sure does deserve a

And in 2 weeks she will deserve
Can't wait to hear all about it!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 AM   #135
JoshMom5
Now residing in ONEderland!!
My birthday wish was for some color

Subscribing. We have our first stay at the Beach Club coming up 2-8 Dec 12. We are a party of 8 (my best friend (for 40 years), her husband, DD11, DD8, her mom and dad (who are like my 2nd mom and dad), me and my DS14). We previously traveled together in Oct 10 and had a wonderful trip.

Have been reading all the BC/YC information and am a little overwhelmed but still have 6 months to process it all, although only 8 days until we can make our dining reservations though.

Hi Everyone!

JoshMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: