Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #106
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
For those who have been following along, I've finally posted another installment of my trip report.

This one doesn't have as many pictures, but there are a few.
Thank you so much! I just booked a standard view CL room! It was wonderful to see your pics! Thank you!!!
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #107
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
Thank you so much! I just booked a standard view CL room! It was wonderful to see your pics! Thank you!!!
Garden View wasn't available when we booked, and we didn't want to pay the premium for the water view, so we really felt like we had comprimised with our standard view booking, but in the end we loved our view.

It was a beautiful view and we would willingly book standard view again.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 06:57 PM   #108
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormde View Post
Just found this thread also

BCV 1br 6/14 to 6/20 comming from ALV CL and going to VWL

I'll add you to the Page 1 Be Our Guest list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333disneymom View Post
I'm hoping for some Pixie Dust as we just booked a pre-Christmas trip (Dec. 9-16), but BCV was not available. So, we got BWV, but waitlisted for BCV. Sure hope it comes through soon. We are going with friends and once they book, we will stick with whatever location they book their room. Would love to show them our favorite BCV. No matter what though, we'll be there to visit, as my husband's favorite dining location is Cape May Cafe. I sure hope this time we can finally meet Teena too.

As we get closer, I'll be looking for some advice on touring with friends.
Hoping your waitlist comes through!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Good morning, BC/YC fans! Yay for the new thread and many thanks to Dee for setting up our new home again! Happy Threadwarming!

Theater performance weekend here (Dee knows how that goes) so just stopping by for a minute, but wanted to mention that I love Nanette's daughter's ADR list!

Hugs to lovepoohandcompany.
Hope the performances went well!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingSAHM View Post
5 months from today we will be on our way to the BC for Halloween!!!! We are so excited.

We stayed at the YC in 1999 for our honeymoon and tehn at the BC in 2009 for our 10 yr anniversary with our boys - now we are going to stay there again for a Halloween trip and my MIL is going!!! We can not wait as we all LOVE Epcot (even my 5 and 10 yr old boys).

My MIL has been with us on our last 2 trips but we have always stayed at values so she will LOVE LOVE this trip!!!

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let me know your dates in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Add my name for the list for next year. We will be staying the first night at POP Century (our plane arrives at 7:30pm) so I didn't want to spend the extra money to just sleep. We arrive on Dec 7, 2013 and leave on Dec 15, 2013. We will be staying YC CL (12/8 - 12/15)

I know its along time away, but half the fun is planning and it wil help me with the "DISNEY WITHDRAWALS" (we were there 4/27 - 5-8).

Can anyone tell me if there is an APP that I can add to my Verizon phone that gives the wait times for the rides at the parks?

You are our second addition for 2013.

There was another poster earlier this week for 2013, so I will have to go back to the old thread and get the info.

Jacking your question- has anyone used a lines/waittime APP for a Windows 7 phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdragon View Post
Hope you don't mind me joining in. I think I have finally convinced my DH to stay at BC next year. He's always thought the deluxe resorts are just too pricey and has said why pay that much when we can get two vacations in for the price of one so we've always stayed at moderates in the past (and once at Pop - never again). But now he has a new job and not as many vacation days so I talked him into BC for next year. I'm so excited! I know my kids are going to love it too. I just wish we could do it this year but we leave in less than a week and I'm not changing anything at this point.

So now I need to go back and re-read everything and absorb as much information as I can. And I only have a year to do it.

Yes, please join us!

Do you have anything booked, or are you still in the planning stages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
Hi all!

I just got back from a stay at the Boardwalk with my DH and kids--I loved it especially the location, but wanted to try something a little different, so I just booked a stay at the yacht Club for September for a trip with my brother!

I was able to get a "standard view club level", but was wondering if splurging for the "lagoon view" would be worth it? At Boardwalk we had a view of the quiet pool/gardens which was lovely...Does anyone know much about the standard view for club level at yacht club?

Also, I thought I heard something about stormalong bay being renovated? Is that complete, or will it still be going on in Sept? thank you!

Major renovation at Stormalong Bay is done. Unless something unexpected comes up, I don't anticipate additional work on SAB until the winter when normal rehab work happens.

Personally, I always book standard view. I appreciate a nice view, but at Disney it is not really worth it to me to spend a lot of extra money for view when we consider the amount of time we spend in the room.

I think a lot of the YC CL SV rooms will look out onto the front entrance/parking lot of the resort. From some of the rooms, you may be able to see some of the Illuminations fireworks or even the MK fireworks show. See Janetmom's TR- she had a room where she could see them. We also had a room at the BC (CL SV) with fireworks views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hi everyone!

The DW and I are considering staying ay BC with our kids after our cruise next year. It will be our 20th Anniversary trip

I am impressed with what I have read so far. We plan on staying three nights and may only do one park day. Do you regulars feel there is enough to keep two 8 yr. olds occupied at the resort?

What time of year? If your kids swim, then Stormalong Bay will definitely keep them busy for awhile. There is a nightly campfire/movie on the beach. There are a few spots at the BC where you can watch some of the fireworks from Illuminations without entering EPCOT. You could also walk over to the Boardwalk in the evenings to enjoy the entertainment.

Like all of the resorts, there is an arcade available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Still in NOLA and the team has made it to the top 8. We play tonight to make the quarter finals. We get enough points and we might get invited to AAU nationals but I don't know if they do basketball at WDW. It would be nice.
Go Team!!!
natebenma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #109
LoveBeingSAHM
Mouseketeer

Yes pelase add us to the list - we will be there Oct 28 - Nov 4th! YAY!!!

YC - 1999; BC - 2009, 2012; ASMU - 2010; POP - 2010
LoveBeingSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #110
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
Still in NOLA and the team has made it to the top 8. We play tonight to make the semifinals. We get enough points and we might get invited to AAU nationals but I don't know if they do basketball at WDW. It would be nice.
Hi My girls played AAU BB and some of their national tournaments were played at the sports complex at Disney!!! But I'm not sure about the boys. I believe if its still the same (as it has been quite a few years now) that if you go to the AAU website it will list where the national tournaments are being held for each age group!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #111
Feckless
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to clarify my last post about changing resorts (from YC to BC) for the view. What I meant to say is that if you have chosen BC, then view alone wouldn't change my mind. If BC and YC were equally fine for you, then of course pick the room with the better view. We ate at Captains Grille a couple of times and went through the YC lobby a few times and thought the staff was lovely and the resort was gorgeous.

Reading it back it sounded like a YC slam - not intended!

I am still recovering from our school's gala last night. Did NOTHING today. After the gala, a bunch of us went to karaoke. Belted out Etta James' "At Last" and I can't talk today!! a relief for DH I'm sure. LOL Work should be interesting tomorrow.

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:02 PM   #112
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post

I am still recovering from our school's gala last night. Did NOTHING today. After the gala, a bunch of us went to karaoke. Belted out Etta James' "At Last" and I can't talk today!! a relief for DH I'm sure. LOL Work should be interesting tomorrow.
Uh huh Sure.... SLAM INTENDED I'm sure Lets start trouble on this thread... it's far to formal!!!

I'm gonna blame my comments on my pain meds

~Nannette

J/K incase anyone takes me serious!!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #113
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Uh huh Sure.... SLAM INTENDED I'm sure Lets start trouble on this thread... it's far to formal!!!

I'm gonna blame my comments on my pain meds

~Nannette

J/K incase anyone takes me serious!!!
Oooh, trouble - that sounds like fun!

I'm gonna send a PM to Feckless to let her know you are on drugs and slamming her.

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #114
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Wow! A few days away from the Dis boards and I am waaayyyy behind!! I missed the last few pages of the previous thread and this one is already up to 8 pages!!

Thank you Dee for making the thread move painless for those of us new around here!

Nannette: your plans for your DD's Disneymoon sound amazing!! It will be a time in her life she will never forget thanks to the great gift you are giving her!!

We are approaching the 2 month mark until our return to BC! I look forward to every trip to Disney but for some reason this year I seem to be looking forward to it even more than usual.

I am thinking I may want to request a room with a full balcony this year. We had a Juliet one last year and my DH and I would love to be able to have one we could sit out on with a cocktail (or two). Should I call to add this request or would I be okay to add the request during my online check in? And if I do call to make the request, would I be better to do online check in or would my chances of getting the balcony be better if I waited to check in? TIA for any recommendations!!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #115
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Yes, please join us!

Thanks! Still in the planning stages. I'll probably book whenever the packages are released for next year, which can't come soon enough...
Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM   #116
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Oooh, trouble - that sounds like fun!

I'm gonna send a PM to Feckless to let her know you are on drugs and slamming her.
Me?!?!?! I didn't do anything It was the drugs I tell you
Old 05-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #117
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Well we got beat out in the game tonight. We wanted top 8 which we got and we wanted to get noticed which we did, so now we wait to see what we got rank wise (we beat 16 ranked but lost to 21).

We'll leave for home tomorrow. NOLA was nice and the beniegts and coffee at Cafe du Monde beat the ones at POFQ all to heck, but I think I prefer WDW. The wrought iron in the French Quarter made me think of the theming at POFQ, only without the drunk tourists, and all those bridges,hills, and swamps are no substitute for Soarin. And no matter how cool a drive on ferry is to a Midwest girl, I think a friendship boat heading to Norway is a much better use of a boat. Plus the pictures of BCV's alligator is as close as I got to a gator sighting. However I have had a great time and I'm only about 5 months away from my real vacation to WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

I'll add you to the Page 1 Be Our Guest list.

Hoping your waitlist comes through!!!

Hope the performances went well!!!

If you would like to be added to the Be Our Guest list, let me know your dates in October.

You are our second addition for 2013.

There was another poster earlier this week for 2013, so I will have to go back to the old thread and get the info.

Jacking your question- has anyone used a lines/waittime APP for a Windows 7 phone?

Yes, please join us!

Major renovation at Stormalong Bay is done. Unless something unexpected comes up, I don't anticipate additional work on SAB until the winter when normal rehab work happens.

Personally, I always book standard view. I appreciate a nice view, but at Disney it is not really worth it to me to spend a lot of extra money for view when we consider the amount of time we spend in the room.

I think a lot of the YC CL SV rooms will look out onto the front entrance/parking lot of the resort. From some of the rooms, you may be able to see some of the Illuminations fireworks or even the MK fireworks show. See Janetmom's TR- she had a room where she could see them. We also had a room at the BC (CL SV) with fireworks views.

What time of year? If your kids swim, then Stormalong Bay will definitely keep them busy for awhile. There is a nightly campfire/movie on the beach. There are a few spots at the BC where you can watch some of the fireworks from Illuminations without entering EPCOT. You could also walk over to the Boardwalk in the evenings to enjoy the entertainment.

Like all of the resorts, there is an arcade available.

Go Team!!!

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:07 PM   #118
Laffites Landing
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
I just wanted to clarify my last post about changing resorts (from YC to BC) for the view. What I meant to say is that if you have chosen BC, then view alone wouldn't change my mind. If BC and YC were equally fine for you, then of course pick the room with the better view. We ate at Captains Grille a couple of times and went through the YC lobby a few times and thought the staff was lovely and the resort was gorgeous.

I think we clearly need a flame war! Yacht Club versus Beach Club. Ok so, a place called the "Yacht Club" sounds so much fancier than a place called the Beach Club. I mean, it isn't even a real beach. It's made up.

Alright, so my hearts not in this. But... Go Yacht Club!

Me (42) DW DS (11) DD(7)
Laffites Landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #119
Ellyoz
Earning My Ears

This has so much information on it, such a great help. We will be at the BC from 23 Sept to 5 Oct. Can't wait, never been to the US let alone WDW
Ellyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #120
MinnieTink
DIS Veteran

On board the new thread and Less than 90 days to go til my 40th bday trip at the BC.

Reading through some other threads on the resorts board, I came across the one about turndown service. It sounds like we could use this since going in August we usually shower in the Am then again before dinner, and it was mentioned in the other thread that replenishing towels is part of the service. So is this a service I can request, in a Standard view room, not CL? Also regarding the timing....when do they usually do the turndown service?

Thanks!

Last edited by MinnieTink; 05-28-2012 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Added something.
MinnieTink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: