Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #91
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Sorry folks, but I am not much of a post-er. I do read every link, though, and especially loved the recent Feckless daily reports. They made me feel like I was there. I was just in the hospital. Caught a bad bacteria and missed the last few days of pages before the new thread. But, I appreciated the way the first pages of this thread still contained all of the basic info (and priceless pictures of Princess Lilly when she was new!). We have been to the YC before, but there is always something new to learn. My something new today was the YC/BC DISer pin. Are they still available? Could I get one for my daughter? She loves pins collecting. Could someone fill me in?
Yes they are still available. If you PM me your mailing address when I get back to work I will mail one out to you. I am currently working from home due to a newly repaired broken foot... I keep the pins at work for easier mailing so I won't get it mailed to you until the end of June.

Hope you are feeling better

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #92
LoveBeingSAHM
Mouseketeer

Smile Countdown Excitment!!!

5 months from today we will be on our way to the BC for Halloween!!!! We are so excited.

We stayed at the YC in 1999 for our honeymoon and tehn at the BC in 2009 for our 10 yr anniversary with our boys - now we are going to stay there again for a Halloween trip and my MIL is going!!! We can not wait as we all LOVE Epcot (even my 5 and 10 yr old boys).

My MIL has been with us on our last 2 trips but we have always stayed at values so she will LOVE LOVE this trip!!!

YC - 1999; BC - 2009, 2012; ASMU - 2010; POP - 2010
LoveBeingSAHM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #93
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Nanette - what a wonderful gift! It really is more fun to give than to receive. I never had more fun that when we gave all the kids and grandchildren the Grand Gathering. It sounds like you are planning a perfect disneymoon!!!!!

I will pm you again for another Disser pin. Can you believe that I lost mine last year on our first day at BC - somewhere in EPCOT.

Hope you are feeling better.

Dee - I have not one, but TWO teenagers who I somehow manage to embarrass everyday (probably just by breathing!). I might be crazy but I think you are going to have a ball!!!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #94
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
Nanette - what a wonderful gift! It really is more fun to give than to receive. I never had more fun that when we gave all the kids and grandchildren the Grand Gathering. It sounds like you are planning a perfect disneymoon!!!!!

I will pm you again for another Disser pin. Can you believe that I lost mine last year on our first day at BC - somewhere in EPCOT.

Hope you are feeling better.

Dee - I have not one, but TWO teenagers who I somehow manage to embarrass everyday (probably just by breathing!). I might be crazy but I think you are going to have a ball!!!!!!

Yes I love planning and I love giving especially when it's DD!! Send me a pm with the mailing address and I will send you another when I return to work.. I'm actually going to be going in on the 12th so I could prepare it that day.. If I'm not to overwhelmed!!

I have to agree I think Dee is going to have a blast!!

~Nannette

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 11:58 AM   #95
georgiasmom
Mouseketeer

Books for kids

I have a non BC question but I am sure this group will have some good suggestions. My 9 year old (just finishing 3rd grade) is a late reader and just now reading at grade level. She really doesn't like to read but she loves Disneyworld. I'd like to get a guide book or two for her to read over the summer. Even a history of the park that is at her level would be great. She read and loved a great biography of Walt called Who was Walt Disney.

Any suggestions?

A
Old 05-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #96
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiasmom View Post
I have a non BC question but I am sure this group will have some good suggestions. My 9 year old (just finishing 3rd grade) is a late reader and just now reading at grade level. She really doesn't like to read but she loves Disneyworld. I'd like to get a guide book or two for her to read over the summer. Even a history of the park that is at her level would be great. She read and loved a great biography of Walt called Who was Walt Disney.

Any suggestions?

A
my DD loves WDW books too - she is 10. Her favourites are the Guide to the Magic for kids and Birnbaums WDW for kids. She has just been introduced to the Kingdom Keepers (fictional) books by a fellow diser and is absolutely hooked. Read the first one about 10 days ago and is already reading the third.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #97
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Any suggestions?

A
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
my DD loves WDW books too - she is 10. Her favourites are the Guide to the Magic for kids and Birnbaums WDW for kids. She has just been introduced to the Kingdom Keepers (fictional) books by a fellow diser and is absolutely hooked. Read the first one about 10 days ago and is already reading the third.
I'll second the Kingdom Keepers series (Ridley Pearson, I think)- I read the first one and it is really great for Disney lovers. I hear Peter and the Star Catchers is really good, too, but I haven't personally read any of those.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #98
cocoabean1
Mouseketeer

Add my name for the list for next year. We will be staying the first night at POP Century (our plane arrives at 7:30pm) so I didn't want to spend the extra money to just sleep. We arrive on Dec 7, 2013 and leave on Dec 15, 2013. We will be staying YC CL (12/8 - 12/15)

I know its along time away, but half the fun is planning and it wil help me with the "DISNEY WITHDRAWALS" (we were there 4/27 - 5-8).

Can anyone tell me if there is an APP that I can add to my Verizon phone that gives the wait times for the rides at the parks?
Old 05-27-2012, 01:48 PM   #99
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Happy Sunday to all. Been looking through the first page and ooh'ing and ahh'ing at the pictures... again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I had asked another guest going at the same time if they cared to switch with me- I'll be staying at All Star Movies with 145 teenagers. And no alcohol. If you would like to switch places with me, I'm sure I can arrange something!
I'm nominating you for sainthood; it's a shoe-in with this trip of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
Sure will! We are in the early stages of planning the dinning. They will dine at all 2 point restaurants for dinner... won't matter though I'll get them the 3 meals a day plan with wine... so far the dinner list looks like this and in no particular order..

1. Jiko
2. Aritist Point
3. Flying Fish
4. Cali Grill
5. Le Celiar

His birthday is the day they check out so they will have breakfast at Chef Mickey's! Other breakfast's look like Club Level, Grand Floridian Cafe, Donald's breakfastfari (Sunrise Safari). Lunch one day will be 50's Primetime and Columbia Harbor House (Keys to the Kingdom)... and that's as far as we have gotten so far.

The planned tours will be:

Sunrise Safari
Key's to the Kingdom
Epcot Around the World Segway Tour
Illuminations Fireworks Cruise

I'll post more as it all unfolds 327 days from now!!

~Nannette

Oh my Nannette, this is going to be a spectacular Disneymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannette View Post
... Anyway yes Missoutandabout AKL CL is very nice!!

~Nannette
I've added it to 'The List' -- though I have a sneaky feeling nothing will be usurping the number one spot belonging to BC, of course. The pictures I've seen from AKL-CL look pretty sweet. Maybe I can convince the hubs to do it on a short weekend sorta thing -- but only in a non-swimming time of year. There's no way we could stay there in the warm months knowing we could be swimming in SAB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Northern Italy, where my DHs father is from. Tons of family there... We also have friends who moved to Slovenia last year so we might go there. I'm a bit overwhelmed with the thought of this trip with kids but the relatives are not getting any younger!
That's going to be a fabulous trip! When we lived overseas, we had done northern Italy via train (down through the mountains into to Milan) and it was lovely. I'd love to go back. *cough* Save room in your suitcases *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtwinmama View Post
Hi - just had to share my excitement even though it's probably not that big of a deal! We switched to CL, but we were only able to get Standard View with the 30% off discount. We wanted Garden. So I've been checking on line daily to see if it popped up and this morning it did. So I called and made the switch. Then I just checked again and it's gone again so I must have timed it just right. So excited!!
Way to go - score! Now you've got me thinking! I'm booked into a standard view.

*dum dum DUM* ...

I just checked availability and there's no GV at BC for our dates... but... BUT ... I did notice that YC was available. CL-GV for less than $30 more than our CL-SV at BC. Now I'm seriously . We had such a good time at BC last year and the CL staff (and Mousekeeping) were so great especially with our kiddo. I'd miss that, wouldn't I? Hmmm. Should we give it a go? I know we'll eventually try out YC but I'm thinking we'll miss the BC vibe if we did it this trip. Oh MAN, why do I do this to myself? I shouldn't have looked. The dilemma!

Does the YC lobby smell as nice as the BC? What would you lot do?
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:09 PM   #100
tigerdragon
DIS Veteran

Hope you don't mind me joining in. I think I have finally convinced my DH to stay at BC next year. He's always thought the deluxe resorts are just too pricey and has said why pay that much when we can get two vacations in for the price of one so we've always stayed at moderates in the past (and once at Pop - never again). But now he has a new job and not as many vacation days so I talked him into BC for next year. I'm so excited! I know my kids are going to love it too. I just wish we could do it this year but we leave in less than a week and I'm not changing anything at this point.

So now I need to go back and re-read everything and absorb as much information as I can. And I only have a year to do it.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #101
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

I just got back from a stay at the Boardwalk with my DH and kids--I loved it especially the location, but wanted to try something a little different, so I just booked a stay at the yacht Club for September for a trip with my brother!

I was able to get a "standard view club level", but was wondering if splurging for the "lagoon view" would be worth it? At Boardwalk we had a view of the quiet pool/gardens which was lovely...Does anyone know much about the standard view for club level at yacht club?

Also, I thought I heard something about stormalong bay being renovated? Is that complete, or will it still be going on in Sept? thank you!
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #102
theduck619
DDC 188
I love that middle crease between the two straight sections
It's a secret passge to a man cave

Hi everyone!

The DW and I are considering staying ay BC with our kids after our cruise next year. It will be our 20th Anniversary trip

I am impressed with what I have read so far. We plan on staying three nights and may only do one park day. Do you regulars feel there is enough to keep two 8 yr. olds occupied at the resort?

DisDad Member #188

We're adopting!! Updated - 4/12/14! Follow the adventure at:
http://nicelyfamilyadoptionadventure.blogspot.com
theduck619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #103
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucysmom View Post
Sorry folks, but I am not much of a post-er. I do read every link, though, and especially loved the recent Feckless daily reports. They made me feel like I was there. I was just in the hospital. Caught a bad bacteria and missed the last few days of pages before the new thread.
So happy that you appreciated the daily reports! I sure loved doing them. Glad that you are feeling better!

Quote:
Feckless it will be great. We took our then 8 year old to Holland, Sweden and London last summer. She did great and loved it. We bought her a smallish backpack (she is supper tiny) and everyday she carried her own water, snack, camera, itouch, jacket and whatever else she wanted. Never complained. We went to tons of museums etc Your kids will love it!

Amy
My DS in particular loves museums. It's just the fear of the unknown that makes me a bit stressed about it. LOL We are all adventurous, and DH speaks Italian and Spanish and the kids and I speak French (they speak better than I do - they're in French Immersion in school) so at least we know that we should be able to communicate... I have no idea where to start! I will have to find a good guidebook to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Add my name for the list for next year. We will be staying the first night at POP Century (our plane arrives at 7:30pm) so I didn't want to spend the extra money to just sleep. We arrive on Dec 7, 2013 and leave on Dec 15, 2013. We will be staying YC CL (12/8 - 12/15)

I know its along time away, but half the fun is planning and it wil help me with the "DISNEY WITHDRAWALS" (we were there 4/27 - 5-8).

Can anyone tell me if there is an APP that I can add to my Verizon phone that gives the wait times for the rides at the parks?
I know exactly what you mean!! That's why I'm planning my May 2014 trip. LMAO.

As for the app, I used the Touring Plans Lines app (free with subscription) and also the Undercover Tourist lines app. TP one was more accurate (plus the chat was fun!) but both were helpful. HTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post

I've added it to 'The List' -- though I have a sneaky feeling nothing will be usurping the number one spot belonging to BC, of course. The pictures I've seen from AKL-CL look pretty sweet. Maybe I can convince the hubs to do it on a short weekend sorta thing -- but only in a non-swimming time of year. There's no way we could stay there in the warm months knowing we could be swimming in SAB!

That's going to be a fabulous trip! When we lived overseas, we had done northern Italy via train (down through the mountains into to Milan) and it was lovely. I'd love to go back. *cough* Save room in your suitcases *cough*

Way to go - score! Now you've got me thinking! I'm booked into a standard view.

*dum dum DUM* ...

I just checked availability and there's no GV at BC for our dates... but... BUT ... I did notice that YC was available. CL-GV for less than $30 more than our CL-SV at BC. Now I'm seriously . We had such a good time at BC last year and the CL staff (and Mousekeeping) were so great especially with our kiddo. I'd miss that, wouldn't I? Hmmm. Should we give it a go? I know we'll eventually try out YC but I'm thinking we'll miss the BC vibe if we did it this trip. Oh MAN, why do I do this to myself? I shouldn't have looked. The dilemma!

Does the YC lobby smell as nice as the BC? What would you lot do?
Personally, I would not switch to the YC just for view. I would keep my eyes peeled for an opening at the BC. And NO the lobby doesn't smell as nice!! LMAO!!

New update to my trip report is up...

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:53 PM   #104
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

For those who have been following along, I've finally posted another installment of my trip report.

This one doesn't have as many pictures, but there are a few.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:27 PM   #105
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Still in NOLA and the team has made it to the top 8. We play tonight to make the semifinals. We get enough points and we might get invited to AAU nationals but I don't know if they do basketball at WDW. It would be nice.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

Last edited by bookgirl; 05-27-2012 at 05:51 PM.
bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: