Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #751
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Amen!
Oh Dee....The suspense is killing us killing us. Get your rest. Enjoy your family. Then we want a trip report!

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #752
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

Dee, I know you have slept as much as me. I saw plenty of groups of kids this week, but I stayed away. Far away.

creativeamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #753
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Mostly depends on what type of cruise you do. I do not recommend any cruise under 5 nights. You never get the real feel of a cruise or the relaxing of a cruise. On Disney cruises, on the 7 nights and longer, you get an adult only enrichment series that is so much fun. Alaska cruises are a whole different type cruise than a Caribbean cruise and the whole experience is different!!!. On Celebrity, it's not a big deal to hang out in the adult only areas since they are not overloaded with children like any Disney cruise is. However, we absolutely love Celebrity but there is no comparison when it comes to entertainment. Disney wins big time of course. Food, service, cleanliness we find equal on Celebrity and Disney. The best tip I can give you without knowing where you are going and on what ship is that if it's a Disney cruise and you stop at Castaway Cay, make sure you are off the ship EARLY and beat it quickly to the adult only beach. Get a nice umbrella and chair set not too far from the landing strip, rent a floatie and enjoy the most peaceful and wonderful beach ever. And the adult only BBQ there at the adult only beach is fantastic ... love love love the steaks!!! However, if you wait and don't get there early, you'll have a long hike down the beach to find an umbrella and chair set.
Thanks for the great tips, Teena! I printed them out and will hang onto them as we think about a cruise in future. Very helpful.

It sounds like Castaway Cay is just relax heaven!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #754
Steph H
That Loud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by WsPrincess View Post
It is wonderful to be so loved but I am looking forward to being able to meet you next weekend! So, I know chocolate Tastycakes are your favorite but are you a chocolate person all around? We don't have Tastycakes in Michigan but I have something in mind for you!
Hmmm...okay, this Michigan girl is dying to know what you have planned. Can't wait to hear about it!

Quote:
on magical depress right now.

Wish upon a star. Your story made me tear up. Your daughter is beautiful and the story was heartwarming.

Unfortunately it was the second time yesterday I was brought to tears, by one of the teens. Not mine. How is that for a teaser??
Great teaser! Glad to see you're almost back with us, though I know you'll miss the World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcondrad View Post
We are officially booked for a BC GV CL room Dec 9-17!!

I am extremely protective of my ADRs and am sort of a control freak, but was considering using the IPO this time around for all of them. The last time I had already made my ADRs when we upgraded so only used IPO to book a couple changes if I couldn't find an opening myself.

Has everyone had pretty good luck using the IPO at the 180 mark...or are you all too much of planners like me to use them? TIA
I had my 180 day mark on Monday, and honestly, I was thrilled to hand over my ressies to them. One less thing for me to worry about, and that's part of what I'm paying for anyway, right? They got me 4 of the 7 I requested, and the other 3 are not available yet so they put me on a wait list. I was actually thrilled to just put together my choices on Sunday night and email it to them, and then get my confirmation email on Monday morning. I figure if THEY can't get the reservations, me (being a total Disney novice) would have even less luck.

Ironically, a couple of days later, I got an email from my SIL, who happens to be my travel agent and a Disney EXPERT, offering to make any ADRs I needed. Ha, I have all kinds of people helping me. She also sent me a wonderful spreadsheet with park touring strategies, so I am feeling very loved and taken care of this week.

Looking forward to hearing your stories, Dee!

GF Sugarloaf 10/05
YC CL 12/12

Trip Report: Yacht Club December 2012, How I Survived Disneyworld on Weight Watchers
Steph H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #755
Laffites Landing
Mouseketeer

Whew! Holy Cow! I go away for four days and this thread takes off like a rocket! Finally got caught up!

Well, to all those headed down to WDW in the next few days, have a great time! Checking the weather forecast, they are calling for temps in the 80's for the next week or so. High 80's to be sure, but it's better than 90's. I am hoping to have the same luck.

When I got back, I found my mail had arrived from the travel agent. Too cool. I have the ME tags that we won't be using and my whole itinarary. In only 8 days, we spill the beans to the offspring and head off for LA to eventually arrive on the morning of June 18! It's so hard not to tell them, I'm trying, I'm trying.

Welcome back home Dee! Sorry you had to leave the best place. Looking forward to hearing your report! To everyone heading down... see ya!

P.S.- Hey Feckless, now the "Yacht Club" has practically cleared Spaceship Earth. Too Cool!

Me (42) DW DS (11) DD(7)
Laffites Landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #756
ChipnDaleRule
DIS Veteran

We have just returned from our 17 night trip(13 of them at the YC)
First I would like to say thank you to Teena,i enjoyed chatting to you especially about DVC, what you say makes perfect sense,it was a privilege to meet you.
Noodles were safely deposited back at Bell Services at BC. We have taken some pictures so I will post them soon.
I will do a mini trip report soon once I've got over the jet lag, and downloaded the 1000+ pictures, that's not including the photopass
But I will say my biggest high was our unexpected room upgrade with a stunning view of The Boardwalk,and the low,no towel animals on the bed
ChipnDaleRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #757
gokimiko
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffites Landing View Post
When I got back, I found my mail had arrived from the travel agent. Too cool. I have the ME tags that we won't be using and my whole itinarary. In only 8 days, we spill the beans to the offspring and head off for LA to eventually arrive on the morning of June 18! It's so hard not to tell them, I'm trying, I'm trying.
Just a little longer to keep the secret. You can do it. We will be there at same time. Maybe we will cross paths at SAB.

Off-site '74, Treehouse Villa '77, Contemporary '87, Off-site April '88, Off-site April '90, Off-site July '90, FW Cabin June '06, Pop Century Dec '06, ASMusic Dec '07, GF-CL Aug '08, ASMovies April '09, Split SSV / Poly Dec '09, Split BWV / Pop Century June '10, AKL Dec '10, AKV-Kidani April '11, Aulani Jan '12, Last Visit BC-CL June 17-22
gokimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #758
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Dee the anticipation of your story is killing me.

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #759
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
Finally two days from today we'll be making our way to Disney. If anyone would like some park maps, etc. feel free to send me a pm and I will pick them up and mail them to you when we get home.

Of course, there's too much to do until then. Eight batches of taco salad to make, 6 dozen reese peanut butter cookies and who knows what else. Top it off with a dr. appt. and a uti infection for myself. Gotta love it! All worth it though with a trip to Disney and then a week at Gulf Shores!!!!! Oh, and I get to see our DS(24) who we haven't seen since January when he moved away!!!!!!!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!
8 batches of taco salad? But 6 dozen reese pb cookies:
Have a great time! Only one more day now!

Quote:
Whew! Holy Cow! I go away for four days and this thread takes off like a rocket! Finally got caught up!

Well, to all those headed down to WDW in the next few days, have a great time! Checking the weather forecast, they are calling for temps in the 80's for the next week or so. High 80's to be sure, but it's better than 90's. I am hoping to have the same luck.

Welcome back home Dee! Sorry you had to leave the best place. Looking forward to hearing your report! To everyone heading down... see ya!

P.S.- Hey Feckless, now the "Yacht Club" has practically cleared Spaceship Earth. Too Cool!
Sounds like great weather for everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDaleRule View Post
We have just returned from our 17 night trip(13 of them at the YC)
First I would like to say thank you to Teena,i enjoyed chatting to you especially about DVC, what you say makes perfect sense,it was a privilege to meet you.
Noodles were safely deposited back at Bell Services at BC. We have taken some pictures so I will post them soon.
I will do a mini trip report soon once I've got over the jet lag, and downloaded the 1000+ pictures, that's not including the photopass
But I will say my biggest high was our unexpected room upgrade with a stunning view of The Boardwalk,and the low,no towel animals on the bed
Looking forward to seeing your pictures and reading your trip report!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #761
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great timing! I'm on my way to read it. Farmer's Market will have to wait just a bit!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #762
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missoutandabout View Post
Ohhh, nice! Curiosity has got hold of this cat. Could you share what types of surprises you had arranged? Directly through the IPO? I've always been keen on doing something special for the kiddo but have been given the "Disney Florist" canned reply twice, albeit from the Poly IPO. If IPO could arrange a simple surprise, that would be lovely -- instead of going through Disney Florist. Sorry for the pop quiz!
With help from Pixarmom, Robyn, and IPO, I did this too. I ordered some plushes from the Disney Store, a charm bracelet, and some vinylmations about 2 months out, and they kept them for me for the baskets. I emailed them the inventory and of course cleared everything first with them. They bought some random pins for trading, a Pirates gun, gift cards, arcade cards (those were trickier as they had to be charged to the room and I had no room until checkin), some treats and a balloon. They even added some extra chocolate, like a giant Twix and some twizzlers. All in the HH bucket. Pretty awesome since ive read other IPO won't do it.

Quote:

Well, that gets you a WTH you get three more!

So excited for you and can't wait to hear about the big reveal!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #763
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your reward wil be great in heaven for surviving a trip such as this. Or you could skip the reward in heaven and head over to Beaches and Cream for Kitchen Sink. Either way, you'll have a smile on your face!

Hope you had a great time!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
roydavid7771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #764
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

So anyone going to be there during my short mini vacation with Princess Lily (August 7-10)?
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #765
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
So anyone going to be there during my short mini vacation with Princess Lily (August 7-10)?
We will be there August 5-11!! I will keep my eyes open for you and your little princess at SAB.

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: