Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #151
scottmel
Does my logic in my original question make sense
I need to see it in a new light I guess

I will be there next week! Not a single thing packed but how long does it REALLY take? In prior years I packed too early and forgo what I packed!

A long time YC CL'er this is our first stay at BC CL. Though I will be honest I do check regularly to see it there was a yc cl gv cancellation!!!!

All my agonizing over the months comes down to the final week but with DD13 cramming for finals and end off year party prep stuff, disney isn't high on the list right now. Imagine that......

scottmel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:39 PM   #152
Bronte
DIS Veteran

We will be at the BCV July 20-22 and then BWV 22-30.
We are new to the DVC and this will be our first visit !!!!!!!

Our DD's (19/16) have no idea. They think we are staying at the All Star's.
Epcot is our favorite park and the girls love walking around the world everynight ... I can not wait to have them "walk home" that first night !!!

Any helpfull hints about staying at either of these DVC's resorts would be GREAT !!!
Looking at all the wonderful photos and though all the information here on the disboards is getting me soooooooo excited ... Thanks !!!!!!
Bronte is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #153
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

And A BigThank You To All That Made This Possible
Love this Mike!
Old 05-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #154
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Thanks Dee for the new thread!! I'm all caught up now!! I hope you have a wonderful trip with all of the kids.....I can't wait to read your trip report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoabean1 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is an APP that I can add to my Verizon phone that gives the wait times for the rides at the parks?
I also use the Lines app by Touring Plans....I think the subscription fee is well worth it, plus you have access to their full crowd calendar predictions online. You can also access their recommended touring plans and dining info/menus both online and on the app. We've used Lines on 3 trips and have found their wait time to be pretty accurate and I always enjoy entering in my own wait time info as well!

I also have the Undercover Tourist free one and Disney Mobile Magic, which only works when you're in the parks, but I rely on Lines!

Last edited by cindydare; 05-28-2012 at 03:50 PM.
cindydare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #155
acpalmer
Mouseketeer

Only three more days to go!! I really need to start packing, but it so much more fun to be reading about Disney than gathering up clothes and toiletries...

acpalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:30 PM   #156
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Reading this thread everyday has inspired Dh and I to turn out back patio into a little oasis here in WNY. We went shopping and came home with a patio conversation set, fireplace, tiki torches, outdoor accent area rug, string lights and a few big tropical looking plants! It is 88 degrees and I am chilling on the chase lounge imaging that I am in the world!

The only thing that remains to be done is the addition of a bar to serve up tropical drinks

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #157
gokimiko
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by acpalmer View Post
Only three more days to go!! I really need to start packing, but it so much more fun to be reading about Disney than gathering up clothes and toiletries...
How exciting!

Off-site '74, Treehouse Villa '77, Contemporary '87, Off-site April '88, Off-site April '90, Off-site July '90, FW Cabin June '06, Pop Century Dec '06, ASMusic Dec '07, GF-CL Aug '08, ASMovies April '09, Split SSV / Poly Dec '09, Split BWV / Pop Century June '10, AKL Dec '10, AKV-Kidani April '11, Aulani Jan '12, Last Visit BC-CL June 17-22
gokimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:11 PM   #158
gokimiko
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
The only thing that remains to be done is the addition of a bar to serve up tropical drinks
Anyone have the recipe for the Sunken Treasure?

Off-site '74, Treehouse Villa '77, Contemporary '87, Off-site April '88, Off-site April '90, Off-site July '90, FW Cabin June '06, Pop Century Dec '06, ASMusic Dec '07, GF-CL Aug '08, ASMovies April '09, Split SSV / Poly Dec '09, Split BWV / Pop Century June '10, AKL Dec '10, AKV-Kidani April '11, Aulani Jan '12, Last Visit BC-CL June 17-22

Last edited by gokimiko; 05-28-2012 at 05:20 PM.
gokimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:19 PM   #159
KJay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
There is no place to include this request during the online checkin process.
Regarding online check-in and requests- I think they may have recently updated these features. I read on another thread that most resorts now have their popular requests available for selection when you do online check-in. When I checked in for BC the other day (Woohoo! ), my options for requests were full balcony, small balcony, ground floor, or near transportation.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #160
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Goooooooo, Dark Side!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchy View Post
Reading this thread everyday has inspired Dh and I to turn out back patio into a little oasis here in WNY. We went shopping and came home with a patio conversation set, fireplace, tiki torches, outdoor accent area rug, string lights and a few big tropical looking plants! It is 88 degrees and I am chilling on the chase lounge imaging that I am in the world!

Don't forget to add a bartender!

Trip Report - Dining with Disers 2014
Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012; BC - 2014
JanetMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #161
Music City Mama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
Regarding online check-in and requests- I think they may have recently updated these features. I read on another thread that most resorts now have their popular requests available for selection when you do online check-in. When I checked in for BC the other day (Woohoo! ), my options for requests were full balcony, small balcony, ground floor, or near transportation.
Hmmm, that's good to know. When I made my reservation by phone 6 months ago, I requested a full balcony and was intending on NOT doing online check-in. However, we won't arrive until around 7:00 pm-ish, and I started thinking that online check-in might actually be a good thing in my case before they give out all of the GV full balcony rooms for the day. If you do actually have an option re: balcony requests on the online check-in (even though I did mention that already on the phone), maybe I should do that after all.
Music City Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #162
Minnie-Mickey
Mouseketeer

I am looking for a hotel for one day pre cruise and one day post cruise. We arrive in the afternoon and leave early am to go home. Is this the place to stay? Looking for hotel with activities so I dont have to buy passes as a one day is too much money. Is there enough to entertain two teens? Is a standard room good enough? Any advice would be welcome. Ps in the past we stayed at value (4 different ones), BLT (1), WL (almost every visit), OKW (1). Over the value, looking for more.
Minnie-Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #163
KJay
DIS Veteran

Can anyone tell me if the BC room safes are big enough for 2 Ipads? Also, are they the set-your-combination type, or are they keyed? Thanks!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #164
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

I have a question about about the toiletries. What sorts of things do they provide? I thought I read that it's H2O products, which I have to admit, I know nothing about, but they seem to be a favorite of the regulars, so I'm thinking that I shouldn't pack what will be provided...so what exactly is in the room/bathroom?

I think it's safe to assume shampoo and condintioner. But what about things like lotion? What else is there?

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #165
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Thanks to Disney, I have been hooked on the H2O products for years! Love them ! Here is their website:

http://www.h2oplus.com/ Ulta also carries H2O products.

My understanding is some of the resorts are changing the specific H2O line, but the deluxe resorts with exception of GF provided the Aquatics line (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, lotion). The GF provided the Spa line - love the Spa line Sea Salt Hydrating body butter especially. If you are staying CL - Solar Relief Gel, mouthwash also provided. Think that is all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: