Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #1501
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeenaS View Post
Bob and I are heading into the World for dinner at Cape May with guests tonight. We'll be having drinks at the Crews Cup Lounge first and then dinner at 5. If anybody is around, stop over and say hi if you think you'll recognize me out of "costume". I'll have on jean capris.
Gonna miss ya. Doing Hoop at 5pm.
But guess what we did this morning. Went completely against my own advice and went to MK. And guess who we ran into on the way back....Disney/Secret Service did a good job of moving everyone in and out.

Maybe this will help with room view. These are the rooms with the standard view looking from the driveway as you come up.

Last edited by MickeyT; 06-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #1502
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokimiko View Post
We've had an amazing stay. In fact, so wonderful that I have been too busy for updates. BUT I just received such wonderful care that I just to share!!!

We have already checked out. Shortly after getting to Downtown Disney for some shopping, my teenage son started to feel VERY ill. We took a cab back to BC and he planted himself on a couch in the lobby. He's not pukey, but just about as miserable as I've ever seen him. I felt bad for him! What teenage kid wants to sit in a busy lobby and be sick?? I went up to the 5th floor CL and asked if there was a more private place for him to rest. Hyacinth (a CL CM) had to call a few people, but arranged for us to have a room for him to rest in until 4pm.

Although I wish this fantastic trip was ending without this hiccup, I'm so grateful for the kindness shown to us today. I've been a Disney guest for years and I always hoped that if I REALLY NEEDED kindness, they would come through. I'm overjoyed to say they really went above and beyond today!

PS: What is the best way to let someone know how much Hyacinth's kindness meant to us?!?
Just write a letter to both our GM and guest communications ... addresses on first page.
TeenaS is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #1503
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Bob and I are heading into the World for dinner at Cape May with guests tonight. We'll be having drinks at the Crews Cup Lounge first and then dinner at 5. If anybody is around, stop over and say hi if you think you'll recognize me out of "costume". I'll have on jean capris.
Sounds like a nice evening planned! Wish we could pop in to say hi but we have 44 days before we will be there. We have booked two ADRs at CMC for our trip, once for breakfast and once for dinner. This will be our first time experiencing CMC. We enjoy an occasional breakfast and since we did not do one on our trip last year we all agreed we wanted to include one this year. As for the dinner choice, my son can eat his weight in crab legs so this will be perfect for him. Looking forward to trying it out. We may even pop into Beaches and Cream while we are there this time!

Have a great time tonight!!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #1504
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Time to make room request!

Ok, I think we're all set.

DP (is that how you abbreviate Disney Parner??) and I have our first BC stay booked a wee bit less than 2 months out. We've booked 2 nights in a GV room before we head over to BWI to share a room with friends for a full week. BWI is our favorite (so far), but I especially have always wanted to stay at BC, so needless to say, I'm over-the-moon excited.

I do need to call Disney to firstly alert them that it's our anniversary and to make a room request. DP is 6'5 and prefers a king bed if at all possible. Any idea of the odds of landing one? Also based on looking at maps and Teena's suggestion, I think we'd like to request a "volleyball court" view. DP isn't crazy about ground-floor rooms, but for 2 nights, it isn't the end of the world. I'm not going to add that to the request, because I don't want that to be the one request that's met....

So....would "Volleyball Court View, King Bed if possible" be the way to go?

Any thoughts?
Old 06-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #1505
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post
Gonna miss ya. Doing Hoop at 5pm.
But guess what we did this morning. Went completely against my own advice and went to MK. And guess who we ran into on the way back....Disney/Secret Service did a good job of moving everyone in and out.

Maybe this will help with room view. These are the rooms with the standard view looking from the driveway as you come up.

The windows under the "cupola" on the far left (corner room) are for the room that we had last year next door to the Club level lounge. From that window we could see Wishes and from the Juliet balcony and windows on the other side we could see parts of Illuminations. It also had a daybed.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #1506
KB24
From DisneyLAND. Travels a lot.

I'll say this about club level. If you have a family with kids who are going to get tired mid day and want a snack or to relax or go take a nap, I would absolutely sacrifice the view in favor of C.L. .

Just my opinion though.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #1507
KB24
From DisneyLAND. Travels a lot.

Gosh, a dinner with Teena? If only we could get so lucky in December

EDIT: But... I have to admit we have switched allegiances to GF . It's Jenn's fault!
Old 06-22-2012, 02:49 PM   #1508
Me!Thatswho
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWathen View Post
We haven't stayed CL, but we stayed in a standard view.....)
I hadn't even considered access to the elevators or the lobby. Definitely good points. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
The windows under the "cupola" on the far left.......
That doesn't seem that bad. Thanks for pointing out were the CL rooms are located. And thanks MikeyT for the picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB24 View Post
I'll say this about club level......
Sound reasoning!

Quote:
You will be looking at a roof or a parking lot.....
Thanks Teena! After reading many of the pages in this thread and seeing the respect that some many of the posters have for you, I think I will heed your advice. And, if all goes well, I will try to keeping an eye out for you when we arrive to thank you in person.
August, 2005 - WDW All-Stars Movies & All-Stars Music -- May, 2006 - WDW Port Orleans French Quarter for SWW -- June, 2007 - WDW Contemporary for SWW -- Dec, 2007 - WDW Pop Century & Contemporary for MVMCP -- July, 2008 - DL Disneyland Hotel -- Dec, 2008 - Jan, 2009 - WDW Polynesian; NYE @ DHS -- Dec, 2009 - Jan, 2010 - WDW Polynesian; NYE: breakfast at AK; mid-day @ Blizzard Beach; evening @ Epcot for Illuminations; fireworks on Poly beach -- Oct, 2010 - WDW Polynesian for MNSSHP -- Nov, 2011 - DL Grand Californian Hotel -- Aug 2012 - WDW Beach Club CL -- Jan 2013 WDW Yacht Club CL -- Dec 2013 - WDW Port Orleans Riverside: DD dancing in XMas parade taping

Last edited by Me!Thatswho; 06-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Me!Thatswho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:53 PM   #1509
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Ok, I think we're all set.

DP (is that how you abbreviate Disney Parner??) and I have our first BC stay booked a wee bit less than 2 months out. We've booked 2 nights in a GV room before we head over to BWI to share a room with friends for a full week. BWI is our favorite (so far), but I especially have always wanted to stay at BC, so needless to say, I'm over-the-moon excited.

I do need to call Disney to firstly alert them that it's our anniversary and to make a room request. DP is 6'5 and prefers a king bed if at all possible. Any idea of the odds of landing one? Also based on looking at maps and Teena's suggestion, I think we'd like to request a "volleyball court" view. DP isn't crazy about ground-floor rooms, but for 2 nights, it isn't the end of the world. I'm not going to add that to the request, because I don't want that to be the one request that's met....

So....would "Volleyball Court View, King Bed if possible" be the way to go?

Any thoughts?
I would put King Bed first for the requests if that is more important than the view.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #1510
Boski
Mouseketeer

We finally pulled the trigger and will be heading to BC 8/6-8/12 . We are all very excited as it will be our first stay at BC (although we did YC in 2010)!
Boski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #1511
jakeybake
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you don't mind hanging around the lounge until August 22nd then I'll shoot right over!!!

Jay
jakeybake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #1512
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Wait...I hear Cape May is closed for renevation for July? Is that true? Thanks so much! Brunette
Old 06-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #1513
gokimiko
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindydare View Post
The windows under the "cupola" on the far left (corner room) are for the room that we had last year next door to the Club level lounge. From that window we could see Wishes and from the Juliet balcony and windows on the other side we could see parts of Illuminations. It also had a daybed.
That was our room this stay. VERY big and surprising views of both fireworks. No complaints here for standard view.

Off-site '74, Treehouse Villa '77, Contemporary '87, Off-site April '88, Off-site April '90, Off-site July '90, FW Cabin June '06, Pop Century Dec '06, ASMusic Dec '07, GF-CL Aug '08, ASMovies April '09, Split SSV / Poly Dec '09, Split BWV / Pop Century June '10, AKL Dec '10, AKV-Kidani April '11, Aulani Jan '12, Last Visit BC-CL June 17-22
gokimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #1514
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Wait...I hear Cape May is closed for renevation for July? Is that true? Thanks so much! Brunette
Yes.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #1515
TeenaS
DIS Veteran

I'm home from dinner at Cape May. Have to say it's the first time we were disappointed. They have totally changed the menu. Ribs are gone. In their place is bite size pieces of short ribs in a wine sauce. I personally would like that fine if it was in the same BBQ as their old ribs!! I hated the wine sauce!!! Also gone was the Tomato Cucumber Mozzarella Salad. Bob says lots more were missing. I can only attest to what I normally eat. I think I'm going to maybe change my dinner reservation for when Jeanne and Princess Lily are in town. I intend to talk to the chef when I get back from the dude ranch to see what's up.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: