Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 07:20 AM   #136
Katesdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieTink View Post
Reading through some other threads on the resorts board, I came across the one about turndown service. It sounds like we could use this since going in August we usually shower in the Am then again before dinner, and it was mentioned in the other thread that replenishing towels is part of the service. So is this a service I can request, in a Standard view room, not CL? Also regarding the timing....when do they usually do the turndown service?
I've never been CL and I can also say I've never been "given" turn-down service at any of the resorts I've stayed at there at WDW. I have called and requested some new towels when we showered in the afternoon but that was only when I needed it. I'm pretty sure you can't get turn-down anwhere anymore but I defer to those that have been there recently with more experience in this area. Just wanted to bump your question for you so it doesn't get lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellyoz View Post
This has so much information on it, such a great help. We will be at the BC from 23 Sept to 5 Oct. Can't wait, never been to the US let alone WDW
We seem to be getting a lot of interest here on this thread from those "down-under". Is Disney runnnig special promotions for y'all? Hope you have a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffites Landing View Post
I think we clearly need a flame war! Go Yacht Club!
It's the Dark side for us! I know Luke will never come over but I can't think of a better place to stay, unless it is the BC. Wait, am I flip-flopping here? Must be a politcal year.

Dee, thanks for getting the switch done before Mickey fell off the track. Hope you have a great time with those boys. I'm sure they will!
Katesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 07:39 AM   #137
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone

I've just been reading through this thread, I'm off to the Yacht Club in November 2013 (AGEEEEEES away) for a special birthday celebration trip.

We have 2 weeks booked already, and I'm building the excitement by looking at pictures of my beloved Yacht Club!

I've always wanted to stay here since I was a young child, and I've stayed in the Newport Bay Club hotel in DLRP which is a similar theme.

1 year and 6 months to go!
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 07:54 AM   #138
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
I am soooooo very sad tonight - we have to once again this year postpone our trip due to my darn wisdom teeth

Sorry to be a downer I'm just very well sad tonight and feeling oh so guilty and just a bad mom
You are not a bad mom and I know this is disappointing but just think, once the wisdom teeth are taken are of you will be able to properly enjoy all the foods in the WS while you are there without any pain. I hope you can go later this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
A shout out of "THANK YOU!!!" to all of our Veterans, Active Service Personnel and their families for the sacrifices they make for all of us.
I second this!
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:39 AM   #139
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
There is no place to include this request during the online checkin process.

You should call (the regular Disney reservation line) to add "Full balcony, please" as a request to your reservation.

I also suggest that you call about 10 days to a week before your trip to make sure that the request is listed.

It is better to check in in person instead of online in your situation. That way, before your keys are cut, you can discuss with the CM where your room is located and if it has a full balcony. If it doesn't, you can see if there is another room available that does. If there isn't, and you are willing to wait a day or two and switch rooms later in your trip, you can see if that is an option.

The online checkin is designed for guests who don't have any questions and are ready to take their keys/vacation package and go.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the advice!! I shall give them a call to add the request. It won't be the end of the world if I don't get it but I thought it would be a great little addition to this year's stay. I will wait to check in in person too!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
cmcadoo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #140
MickeyT
DIS Veteran

And A BigThank You To All That Made This Possible

MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #141
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #142
jenij
Earning My Ears

Room Key, Charging, Package Pickup and turn down service

Hi, I am 5 days away!!

Please tell me more about the room key and charging abilities. When using the room key to charge items to your room, do they check for ID? I am a little worried about what would happen if I lost my key and someone started to use it. I am also worried about what to do with the key while enjoying SAB. I don't want to just hide it in my bag and have someone find it and use it.

Also, do you have items you purchase at the resort delivered to the resort? Is this an easy process? When we stayed 17 or 18 years ago it was delivered right to the room and we really liked that!

When we stayed at Disneyland 2 years ago for half the cost as YC, we had nightly turn down service with chocolates. Too bad we are paying twice as much at the YC and we don't even get chocolates on our pillows.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #143
blueeyesrnc
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Just birthin them babies
Working for that t-shirt

Just checking in. Can't believe we have a new thread already. Thanks natebenma for keeping the best thread on the Dis going. You do such an outstanding job! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

blueeyesrnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #144
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenij View Post
Hi, I am 5 days away!!

Please tell me more about the room key and charging abilities. When using the room key to charge items to your room, do they check for ID? I am a little worried about what would happen if I lost my key and someone started to use it. I am also worried about what to do with the key while enjoying SAB. I don't want to just hide it in my bag and have someone find it and use it.

Also, do you have items you purchase at the resort delivered to the resort? Is this an easy process? When we stayed 17 or 18 years ago it was delivered right to the room and we really liked that!

When we stayed at Disneyland 2 years ago for half the cost as YC, we had nightly turn down service with chocolates. Too bad we are paying twice as much at the YC and we don't even get chocolates on our pillows.
I know what you mean about sticker shock! The worst for me were the flights - I paid $2000 more than I did summer 2009!

I was asked for ID in the store in Germany, buying a $20 pair of sunglasses. That was the only time that I was asked. AND I didn't have any idea and they charged the room anyway!

They will deliver to the resort, and I've heard that they will deliver to your room if you stay CL. However, the first day we were told that it would take 2 days for the stuff to show up. That would be fine for me, but the kids did NOT want to wait. Delayed gratification is not their thing. We did the parcel pickup at the front of the park once at DHS (and once at IOA) and we were missing one item (not enough time to get it there I think). They sent a runner for the package but we did have to wait about 15-20 minutes.

HTH a bit!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Feckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #145
Missoutandabout
DIS Veteran

Feckless: Look at what you started! (I'm just going to stick with our BC plans and give YC a go next time...)

Although being a Vader and Boba Fett fan, I do have to admit that the 'Dark Side' is tempting...

I love that, seriously. I'm going to refer to the YC as the 'Dark Side' from now on.

Quote:
Hi, I am 5 days away!!

Yay, almost there!

One option for the room key whilst swimming is to get a 'Dry Pak' wallet and put your room key (and any other small thing inside, like cash if needed) and wear it in the pool. (I made my hubs wear it, he just put it in his swimming trunks' pocket -- the pool equivalent of carrying coats and shopping bags. ) Here's a link to what I'm referring to, although they might actually sell them or something similar in the resort.

Quote:
We had a few purchases delivered from the parks back to our room last year. They had us fill in a little slip (which we kept a copy of along with a receipt) and it was delivered to our room the next day. Someone else could clarify, it might also be a "pick up in your resort's gift shop" situation depending on if you're staying on CL or not. It's really handy not to have to carry around loads of things in the parks. My husband thinks so anyway...
Missoutandabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:16 AM   #146
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyT View Post

Thanks to all who give so much so we can enjoy our life!

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #147
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

Little known fact - you CAN request turn down service, even if you are not staying CL. Turn down service is routine for CL but they will do it for a non-cl room is you make a request.

We did it when we stayed at the Poly in a non-cl room and also at YC.

Turn down service is also standard for all GF rooms.

We love turn down service - just don't forget to tip the staff. Most people remember mousekeeping during the day but not also the nice cms who do the turn down service.

Mickey T - Love, love, love your patriotic Mickey.

I always think of my dad (who passed away in l992) on memorial day.
He was in WWII in the South Pacific . He joined the navy after Pearl Harbor but ended up as a CB with the marines.

Thanks to all who have served our country so well!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #148
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieTink View Post
On board the new thread and Less than 90 days to go til my 40th bday trip at the BC.

Reading through some other threads on the resorts board, I came across the one about turndown service. It sounds like we could use this since going in August we usually shower in the Am then again before dinner, and it was mentioned in the other thread that replenishing towels is part of the service. So is this a service I can request, in a Standard view room, not CL? Also regarding the timing....when do they usually do the turndown service?

Thanks!
I find it's very helpful since we like to shower before dinner. They usually do it while we are out to dinner, but you can call and request a general time if you prefer.

If you aren't staying CL, you can request turndown service. If they have the time they will oblige. We have done this with moderate success (prob. about 50% of the time we did get turndown). It's just not something you can rely on.

Quote:
Hi, I am 5 days away!!

My husband often just puts the keys in a pocket in his swim trunks (doesn't get hurt by water) or in a water wallet (which we found you can get at WDW).

Funny about DL -- our upcoming trip was originally planned for DL -- but we got a WDW PIN code and the YC is now considerably less expensive than the GCH was so we switched.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #149
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Dee - I am catching up yet again. Thank you for the new thread!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
*01/08 (mother/daughter trip)-POR*08/08-YC*4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin*07/10-BC*9/13-YC*4/14-WL*8/14 BC*
HockeyMomR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #150
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi, I am 5 days away!!

Last time we stayed at BCV, we had our purchases delivered to the hotel and we picked them up in the BC Marketplace. We picked them up at the counter where you rent movies. It was great and easy to do. I'm not 100% sure, but I think we got them either later the same day or next day. I know we didn't have to wait 2 days. It may have changed since Sept '10.

It may depend on what you purchase and from what park too! It was much better than having to carry it through the parks tho!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
wishinon3stars is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: