Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #1
anonfrank
Earning My Ears

Noob topic on parking at Contemporary

First time Disney World visitors. I've been perusing the board for some time and find the variety of activities and resort rules a little bewildering.

We are road-tripping in next week and will be staying in a Garden Wing room at the Contemporary. How easy is self-parking there? On the maps, it looks like the parking is convenient to the Garden Wing so I assume it will be easy. Is it actually what it seems?

Thanks for taking the time to answer a Disney noob's question!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #2
ppony
Artist in residence

I assume you're looking at the google map or the CR map? You'll see that road off to the right as you face the CR coming in at the gate. Until I looked at the map, I dind't even know it was there to lead back to the garden wing, so it looks simple if you know about that. If that's full though, it'll be a bit of a jaunt for you from the other lot unless you valet. If you were just driving in and looking for it w/ a CM giving tou directions, I bet it'd be a bugger to find. WDW is massively overwhelming the first, several times you're there. I think/know we drove in places that weren't meant to be driven in.

http://maps.google.com/?ll=28.41355,...00181&t=h&z=19

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #3
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

One good thing about the wing lot is that it is secluded and out of the way, so I've never had an issue finding a parking space back there (I don't travel at peak times though). Most people who are driving in to dine, or stay at other parts of the resort, park in the first lot they see - which is not where you are going.

PP is correct - take the first right after you go through the guard gate and follow the road around behind the convention center. After you go around the convention center, you'll see the parking lot for the wing. The wing has the closest parking of any of the CR rooms.
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: