Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM   #721
MileHighCruiser
Earning My Ears

Deflated!

Here's something funny...not really... In my excitement getting ready for this cruise, I mistakenly joined this roll call thinking I was cruising the Disney Dream on October 6 when in reality I'm cruising the Disney Dream on October 10th. I'm cruising on Carnival on October 6th. Do you see the hilarity yet? Yeah...me neither.

We are not on this cruise. We won't be participating in the FE exchange. We won't meet any of you. I'm completely deflated over this. How could I have made such a mistake? I didn't pay attention. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience to any of you.

Cecilia
MileHighCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #722
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighCruiser View Post
Here's something funny...not really... In my excitement getting ready for this cruise, I mistakenly joined this roll call thinking I was cruising the Disney Dream on October 6 when in reality I'm cruising the Disney Dream on October 10th. I'm cruising on Carnival on October 6th. Do you see the hilarity yet? Yeah...me neither.

We are not on this cruise. We won't be participating in the FE exchange. We won't meet any of you. I'm completely deflated over this. How could I have made such a mistake? I didn't pay attention. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience to any of you.

Cecilia
We are sorry you won't be on our cruise. Enjoy your Carnival cruise. We did Carnival last year and had a great time. No need to apologize, you were caught up in the excitement. I am sorry but I did find this kind of funny. Sounds like something my sister would do.

policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #723
Mom2ATM
Earning My Ears

Smile Formal Night??

Does anyone know (maybe I missed it in the 49+ pages of posts) if there is in fact a formal night on this cruise? We're getting down to the wire, and I need to make sure everyone has the apparel they need! To top it off, we're moving between now and the cruise, 'cause our life just isn't crazy enough. My daughter and I are still trying to PLAN our FE gifts, let alone get them made! We're SO excited though! Got our final itinerary packet from Make-a-Wish today! And I know that our FE is headed our way... My best friend made it for us because she has a Brother embroidery machine that can do licensed Disney embroidery. It's SO cute!

Thanks!
Mom2ATM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:02 AM   #724
Mom2ATM
Earning My Ears

Talking Group List

Can someone e-mail the final cabin/group list to me? dcatmstaufferATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!
Cynthia
Mom2ATM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #725
MileHighCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by policycobb View Post
We are sorry you won't be on our cruise. Enjoy your Carnival cruise. We did Carnival last year and had a great time. No need to apologize, you were caught up in the excitement. I am sorry but I did find this kind of funny. Sounds like something my sister would do.
I know. I was thinking last night that if I wasn't so upset about this, it would be very funny. Instead I have 70 or so FE gifts and a FE I made that will now stay home. My husband said...think of it this way...you're ready for the next Disney cruise! lol He's a glass half full guy.

Cecilia
Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #726
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Cecilia
Oh man!! I would totally do that!!

Enjoy your Carnival and Dream on the 10th!

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
cruisinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #727
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ATM View Post
Can someone e-mail the final cabin/group list to me? dcatmstaufferATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!
Cynthia
HI
Just sent it!

Thanks!

Other cruise lines:
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #728
YoungGangMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Cecilia
I am so bummed! Was looking forward to meeting you, no wonder you thought I returned on the 13th. I hope you enjoy your cruises and you will be missed.

Splendor 10/12
Freedom of the Seas 10/09
Paradise 7/06
YoungGangMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #729
YoungGangMom
Mouseketeer

Single digits till our Family Vacation starts!!

Splendor 10/12
Paradise 7/06
Old 09-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #730
MileHighCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGangMom View Post
I am so bummed! Was looking forward to meeting you, no wonder you thought I returned on the 13th. I hope you enjoy your cruises and you will be missed.
It was your e mail that made me realize the mistake I'd made. I'm sad to miss seeing you. Leave the Dream in good shape for us.
Old 09-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #731
Leap
Earning My Ears

Cruise

Please tell me that I'm not the only one that quickly ran to my cruise documents to make sure that I was on the right cruise!

I've got all my fe gifts ready to go and my extender just shipped so I should get it in a few days.

Now I have to start my packing list! Yikes! I have too much to take!

Leap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:32 PM   #732
YoungGangMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It was your e mail that made me realize the mistake I'd made. I'm sad to miss seeing you. Leave the Dream in good shape for us.
At least you know now instead of after you got on the ship. Imagine trying to leave FE gifts at all the wrong cabins.

Splendor 10/12
Paradise 7/06
Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #733
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know. I was thinking last night that if I wasn't so upset about this, it would be very funny. Instead I have 70 or so FE gifts and a FE I made that will now stay home. My husband said...think of it this way...you're ready for the next Disney cruise! lol He's a glass half full guy.

Cecilia
Take your gifts and when you see a FE hanging you can surprise someone with a random gift.

Old 09-19-2013, 07:27 AM   #734
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ATM View Post
Does anyone know (maybe I missed it in the 49+ pages of posts) if there is in fact a formal night on this cruise? We're getting down to the wire, and I need to make sure everyone has the apparel they need! To top it off, we're moving between now and the cruise, 'cause our life just isn't crazy enough. My daughter and I are still trying to PLAN our FE gifts, let alone get them made! We're SO excited though! Got our final itinerary packet from Make-a-Wish today! And I know that our FE is headed our way... My best friend made it for us because she has a Brother embroidery machine that can do licensed Disney embroidery. It's SO cute!

Thanks!
There is an optional dress up night. I don't remember which night it was though. Some people dress up and some didn't. You won't feel out of place either way. We are dressing up.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #735
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by policycobb View Post
There is an optional dress up night. I don't remember which night it was though. Some people dress up and some didn't. You won't feel out of place either way. We are dressing up.
We will be doing dresses, slacks and tie.. I'm not sure he'll bring a jacket or not.

Other cruise lines:
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001

Tags
fish extender exchange