Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #676
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGangMom View Post
FE gifts done and separated by cabin. Need to tag them somehow still so you all know who they are from.

Getting really excited, we have 24 days until our family vacation starts! Most of the luggage is already packed and ready to go. (Yes, I am an planner!)

House/pet sitter gets the rundown tomorrow and we will be decorated for Halloween by the end of the month so it will be done when we return.

Kids are busy with school. I guess I have chores to keep my mind busy .
Wow! I am so behind. I am still trying to think of something. I keep changing my mind. I am usually more prepared.

policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #677
Uonlyliveonce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGangMom View Post
FE gifts done and separated by cabin. Need to tag them somehow still so you all know who they are from.

Getting really excited, we have 24 days until our family vacation starts! Most of the luggage is already packed and ready to go. (Yes, I am an planner!)

House/pet sitter gets the rundown tomorrow and we will be decorated for Halloween by the end of the month so it will be done when we return.

Kids are busy with school. I guess I have chores to keep my mind busy .
Wow That is so great you are ready I am normally more on it but been very busy working fridays So I feel so unorganized which is not like me. So this Friday I have big plans for getting organized this weekend and finishing my FE and FE gifts. so Excited !!!
Uonlyliveonce is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #678
policycobb
DIS Veteran

My magic bands are being shipped for our one night pre-cruise stay at AoA! I ordered my fish extender gifts. That is supposed to be shipped in 7-10 days. Cutting it kind of close for me. I still need to make my packing list and have my car serviced for the drive. After the 27 hour drive to Maine in July, this 12 hour one will be a breeze. Getting more excited every day. Tried on my semi-formal dress to see if it still fit and it did! Going to wear it to our Palo dinner.

Happy Friday to everyone!!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #679
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Not only is it a Friday but 1 month until....

So excited!! Think I will spend the weekend doing more FE stuff and make my packing list.. I think too much of it is in my head and I best get it down so I don't forget anything!

Have a great weekend!

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
cruisinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #680
Tngrl78
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinaz View Post
Not only is it a Friday but 1 month until....

So excited!! Think I will spend the weekend doing more FE stuff and make my packing list.. I think too much of it is in my head and I best get it down so I don't forget anything!

Have a great weekend!
You are absolutely correct!!! Only one month to go!!

And only 4 more Fridays…. WooHoo!!!

Time to really get things organized! It's been 3 weeks since DW's cervical surgery and today is her first day alone at home. She is coming along well, but slow. But with 4 more weeks, she should be good for the cruise. What a great thing to look forward to, to help with recovery!

Scott

Past Cruises:
Disney Dream - Oct 6-10, 2013
Carnival Sensation - Oct 7-11, 2012
Disney Dream - May 13-17, 2012
Disney Dream - Oct 16-20, 2011 "Once Upon a Dream!"
Disney Wonder - Sept 19-23, 2010 The Sequel
Disney Wonder - Sept 20-24, 2009 Our 1st Cruise
Tngrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #681
mansfieldmomof3
Earning My Ears

Hey,
I am so excited about the list. Will you email it to me in a spread sheet?

Thank you,
Heather
mansfieldmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #682
aan1701
DIS Veteran

MagicBands have arrived. I have Fastpass+ selections for almost all of my ore and post cruise days. Still trying to figure it all out. Now I am just hopeful the flights I want to take to MCO stay open.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #683
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfieldmomof3 View Post
Hey,
I am so excited about the list. Will you email it to me in a spread sheet?

Thank you,
Heather
Sure.. I need your email address please.. since you can't PM me ( you have less than 10 posts)
write in here in a format like:
mansfield at domain dot com

Thanks

Other cruise lines:
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 09-06-2013, 10:46 PM   #684
MileHighCruiser
Earning My Ears

Hi cruisers! It looks like we're all getting excited. I'm just about done with FE gifts. Handmaking most things. The things I did order are coming in Monday. Yay! I'm making my FE tomorrow. I have felt, a glue gun, some iron ons...I'm ready! I also made some magnets for our door. I downloaded a font called Waltograph and the type looks like Disney type.

The cruise is so close but between now and then I'm making 48 theme cupcakes for the elementary school my kids go to, I'm going to Texas for 3 days for a Navy reunion. I'm a veteran. I'm going to New Jersey for four days for work. I'm having my 9th wedding anniversary. And going on a 4 day Carnival cruise. All of that is actually happening between September 27 and October 10.

I'm traveling with the kids and when they're in the club, I'm on my own. Do any of you guys ever get together on the ship?

I want to post a picture. How many posts do I have to have to do that?

Cecilia
MileHighCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #685
celmarlin
Earning My Ears

advice for 1st time cruiser

Hi All...

We are finally beginning to think about what to pack for this cruise. I am wondering...Do any of you veteran cruisers have advice for a family (2 adults 3 kids --10,8,4) who has never cruised? We have traveled with the kids, but not in this way.

I am a little "challenged" by both a pirate night and the costume party. What are your plans to address both?

Thanks and have a great weekend!

allison
celmarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #686
MileHighCruiser
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by celmarlin View Post
Hi All...

We are finally beginning to think about what to pack for this cruise. I am wondering...Do any of you veteran cruisers have advice for a family (2 adults 3 kids --10,8,4) who has never cruised? We have traveled with the kids, but not in this way.

I am a little "challenged" by both a pirate night and the costume party. What are your plans to address both?

allison
How exciting! You never forget your first cruise. Mine was on the Norway in 1984. I was 13. It made me a cruiser for life!

Let's see...I'll say that you'll probably bring more than you need. Really think about what you'll wear everyday. If you're water and port types, you'll spend most of the day in a swimsuit and light clothes because of the heat. You don't need additional shorts and shirts for those days. You'll probably clean up before evening and put on dinner clothes. If your family spends half the time in the water, you may want to bring two suits so the kids aren't putting on damp suits the next day. Also bring a big Ziploc bag for going home to put those damp suits into. Limit shoes! Those are big space suckers. A great spacesaver is to put outfits together then put them in Ziploc bags and suck out all the air. Then you have a sealed, compressed full outfit. No matching stuff up at the last minute.

I have lots of tips and tricks for what we do but I'd say pack your bags then remove about 40%.

For costumes and the pirate party, we're bringing lightweight costumes and I'm making the pirate theme stuff. I need everything to be cloth and able to squish into a bag. No accessories. lol Actually for pirate night I found some inflatable swords.

When we travel as a family, we don't check bags. On principle I can't spend $25 to bring luggage with me. So we pack carry on bags. Usually three carry ons and a backpack for each person.

Cecilia
MileHighCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #687
mansfieldmomof3
Earning My Ears

fish extender list

[Hey,
My email is mansfieldmomof3gmail.com.

Thanks so much,
Heather
mansfieldmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #688
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansfieldmomof3 View Post
[Hey,
My email is mansfieldmomof3gmail.com.

Thanks so much,
Heather
HI Heather,
Just sent it

Thanks

Anisa

Other cruise lines:
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
Old 09-09-2013, 07:32 AM   #689
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighCruiser View Post
Hi cruisers! It looks like we're all getting excited. I'm just about done with FE gifts. Handmaking most things. The things I did order are coming in Monday. Yay! I'm making my FE tomorrow. I have felt, a glue gun, some iron ons...I'm ready! I also made some magnets for our door. I downloaded a font called Waltograph and the type looks like Disney type.

The cruise is so close but between now and then I'm making 48 theme cupcakes for the elementary school my kids go to, I'm going to Texas for 3 days for a Navy reunion. I'm a veteran. I'm going to New Jersey for four days for work. I'm having my 9th wedding anniversary. And going on a 4 day Carnival cruise. All of that is actually happening between September 27 and October 10.

I'm traveling with the kids and when they're in the club, I'm on my own. Do any of you guys ever get together on the ship?

I want to post a picture. How many posts do I have to have to do that?

Cecilia
You are going to need a vacation from your vacation.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #690
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by celmarlin View Post
Hi All...

allison
We have 50's costumes for MNSSHP at Magic Kingdom. I know my daughter wants to bring them on the cruise too. We are driving so I can pack them sepeartely. She is the only one wearing a pirate costume and doesn't have it yet. We will be looking at Party City and Target soon. Our Walmart has some Halloween costumes out but didn't see any pirates yet.

Josh, How are your wedding plans coming along?

Tags
fish extender exchange

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: