Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #586
Mom2ATM
Earning My Ears

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uonlyliveonce View Post

I am so excited dropped off my fabric to have embroidery done on the fabric I am making my FE out of . Hope it turns out o.k. Got some of my FE gifts ready. Can't wait so ready for October !!! To sail away!

What are you using as your pattern? I was trying to decide if I wanted to make ours or go ahead and order one...
Mom2ATM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:20 AM   #587
Mom2ATM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieS View Post
We are in 7622. SO excited to be going on this Cruise. This is our youngest son's Make-a-Wish dream...

Cynthia (Mom)
Dave (Dad)
Alyssa (14)
Thomas (11)
Michael (8)

Hi, thanks so much for all your hard work on the FE group, but I think the boy who is on his make a wish cruise is Michael. This is what I copied and pasted from his Mums post? Hope that's right?
So looking forward to the cruise. We are doing cabin gifts, as we are coming from Australia and will have 3 weeks in the USA before the cruise. I do hope we have enough for everyone the list is growing very quicky!
Yes, Michael is correct on the Make-a-Wish. He was diagnosed w/ T-cell Lymphoma on 1/2/13 and has about 2 more years of chemo to go...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #588
Mom2ATM
Earning My Ears

Question Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Has anyone succeeded in making reservations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Supposedly, you should be able to do it through "My Cruise Activities", but I'm not finding the boutiqe as an option. We wanted to make reservations for pirate night...
Old 08-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #589
rlrose313
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ATM View Post
Has anyone succeeded in making reservations for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique? Supposedly, you should be able to do it through "My Cruise Activities", but I'm not finding the boutiqe as an option. We wanted to make reservations for pirate night...
Sorry I think you can only do that on the fantasy and not the dream. The dream used that space for something else, business space I think.
rlrose313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #590
Mom2ATM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrose313 View Post
Sorry I think you can only do that on the fantasy and not the dream. The dream used that space for something else, business space I think.

We've been looking at the site for MONTHS... I would have sworn that it said it was on the Dream too. Of course, now I see that it's not. I'm so bummed! I guess we will have to take care of our own pirate get-up. Of course, it appears that there is a Halloween party, so maybe we will just worry about those costumes and not necessarily pirates...
Old 08-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #591
rlrose313
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We've been looking at the site for MONTHS... I would have sworn that it said it was on the Dream too. Of course, now I see that it's not. I'm so bummed! I guess we will have to take care of our own pirate get-up. Of course, it appears that there is a Halloween party, so maybe we will just worry about those costumes and not necessarily pirates...
So sorry! The Halloween party will be a lot of fun I think. Disney gives out some surprises on the cruises I've been on that makes everyone get into the pirate spirit
rlrose313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #592
TrixieS
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Yes, Michael is correct on the Make-a-Wish. He was diagnosed w/ T-cell Lymphoma on 1/2/13 and has about 2 more years of chemo to go...
That's not good. Poor little man. Hopefully the cruise will be just what the doctor ordered! for you all
TrixieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #593
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are hair braiding stations on the pool deck. The lady was very nice and it was $35 for half of my daughter's hair in 2011. Emily plans on doing this again even though she said it hurt.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:35 PM   #594
cruisinaz
Mouseketeer

Good morning!!

mansfieldmomof3 and JacquelineDowlen did y'all get your GTY assignments yet?

Once I get all the cabin numbers I will put the list in floor order to help a little, if you would like a spreadsheet of this please PM me your email address and I will send it along. I would post it on google docs, but some people not like it "out there" so I will email it privately.

Have a great weekend!

Disneyland/California Adventure April, 2011; April 2010; May 2009

Other cruise lines:
Carnival Breeze - December 2, 2012
Oasis of the Seas - December 11, 2010
Jewel of the Seas - December, 2005
Sensation - September, 2005
Destiny - December, 2004
Paradise - May, 2004
Holiday - May, 2001
cruisinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #595
Tngrl78
Mouseketeer

Happy Friday Everyone! It's been quite the week, DW had some cervical surgery this week and is still in the hospital. We are really hoping she recovers enough to really enjoy the cruise. But one way or the other she said she's going!

Only 7 more Fridays !

Past Cruises:
Disney Dream - Oct 6-10, 2013
Carnival Sensation - Oct 7-11, 2012
Disney Dream - May 13-17, 2012
Disney Dream - Oct 16-20, 2011 "Once Upon a Dream!"
Disney Wonder - Sept 19-23, 2010 The Sequel
Disney Wonder - Sept 20-24, 2009 Our 1st Cruise
Tngrl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #596
Uonlyliveonce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
What are you using as your pattern? I was trying to decide if I wanted to make ours or go ahead and order one...
Well honestly I just checked out all the finders on line and picked out my fabric and just eyeballed it . I cut out 1 long piece that will be the back and then cut out four pieces of fabric that I will use for the pockets. I cut it all a little big and marked on the fabric where the embrodiary was to be done so if I need to move the seem I can when I sew it together not sure how it will turn out but our first cruise and really excited that is will be something that we can have forever kind of like Christmas stockings.
Uonlyliveonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #597
Uonlyliveonce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Our friends daughter has Leukemia they went on a make-a-wish cruise. She told me that Disney went out of their way to do special things for her and make it a trip to remember. Prayers for Michael !! A little Disney magic is always good !!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #598
Uonlyliveonce
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tngrl78 View Post
Happy Friday Everyone! It's been quite the week, DW had some cervical surgery this week and is still in the hospital. We are really hoping she recovers enough to really enjoy the cruise. But one way or the other she said she's going!

Only 7 more Fridays !
sending get well wishes and a smooth recovery !
Old 08-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #599
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have made a couple fish extenders. I iron interfacing to both the base strip and the pockets. It gives it a little more stability.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Relaxin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #600
MrProjectionist
Earning My Ears

On all the DCL trips I've taken, the group decided to do a DIS meet up on the first day prior to the sail away party (I want to say 3pm or so) in the promenade lounge (on Magic & Wonder).

Josh
MrProjectionist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fish extender exchange

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: