Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
tevisco4
Mouseketeer

No Mickey Head Paint Swatches at Home Depot!

I finally get the time to head over to Home Depot to grab some of these fantastic little Mickey Head Swatches that everyone talks about....and they didn't even have them at my Home Depot! I was so disappointed to say the least
Old 05-25-2012, 09:46 PM   #2
ElenaRN
Mouseketeer

I noticed that this week also.
I had gotten them there for our cruise decorations in September. I guess they stopped carrying it?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

There was a post at least a few weeks back saying that something had changed between Disney/Behr/Home Depot, and they weren't carrying the paint, or the mickey sample chips, any longer.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
RMulieri
DIS Veteran

They don't carry them anymore.They stopped a few months ago
Old 05-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
tevisco4
Mouseketeer

Dang! Thanks for the update...then I won't waste my time heading to another Home Depot.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #6
KimberlyE
Mouseketeer

Not sure exactly what is going on but the Disney Home site has links to paint cards that you can download. Seems as if Disney is phasing out the Mickey heads and making the shapes of the new swatches correlate to the name. Example: Pirate theme colors are jolly roger flags, Princess theme colors are crown shapes and the Mickey colors are gears or Mickey hands. Here's a link:

http://disneyhome.com/disney_color/r.../mmch_boy.html

Doug
Kimberly
Andrew (9 years old)
Arden (2 years old)

KimberlyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #7
daisyduck123
I just love those parmesan mashed potatoes at Chef Mickey's!
I don't know how to cut & paste
Disney has made my family & I "park snobs"

Our local Home Depot still had them around Easter time. Check a few of your local ones.
Jan 2006 Pop CenturyMay 2005 Pop Century May 2004 Pop Century Dec 1976 Off Site
daisyduck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
Happy Mom2
DIS Veteran

If you know what color you need, I can check my left over stash for you.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #9
ThreeAngels
DIS Veteran

Location: Born and raised in Buffalo, NY. GO BILLS!! Now raising our family near Atlanta, GA.

I am so sad.

Just went to two Home Depots looking for Mickey head paint chips to make our countdown chain (yes, it was going to be a looooooooong one ) and neither had any. I knew I had to pop right on the DISboards to find out what happened. I am so bummed. We LOVED our Mickey head countdown chains.

ThreeAngels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
stocean
Earning My Ears

Do you happen to have any of the 2 color swatches with the small Mickey in the upper corner?? I am looking for something either in pink, red or yellow. Thanks!
stocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

I wish I had seen this before I made a special trip to HD this morning. I need some touch up paint for my oldest dd's room and it's the mickey paint. Normally I keep the lid or the stir stick for later use (since the swatches always seem to get lost) and of course I can't find either. Repainting completely is out of the question, but she pulled off some of those "re positionable won't damage the wall" vinyl sticker things and it tore off some paint in very obvious places - so I need to fix it.

Does anyone who has a stash happen to have a pale blue mickey head they'd be willing to mail me? If I remember correctly it was called sailor something or other...... PM me if so
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 05:42 AM   #12
ZoeisMommy
ºoº Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspwrhr
I wish I had seen this before I made a special trip to HD this morning. I need some touch up paint for my oldest dd's room and it's the mickey paint. Normally I keep the lid or the stir stick for later use (since the swatches always seem to get lost) and of course I can't find either. Repainting completely is out of the question, but she pulled off some of those "re positionable won't damage the wall" vinyl sticker things and it tore off some paint in very obvious places - so I need to fix it.

Does anyone who has a stash happen to have a pale blue mickey head they'd be willing to mail me? If I remember correctly it was called sailor something or other...... PM me if so

Mickey Sailor.....it can be found here... http://disneyhome.com/disney_color/swatches.html
Old 06-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #13
princesspwrhr
DIS Veteran

Thanks,
I didn't see the Sailor Mickey when I was looking after you posted the link the first time. Probably because the collections have changed in the last 5 years... lol I think I'll continue looking for the paint stick or hope someone comes through because I'm afraid the color will be too off if I print it from my computer. If I were repainting the whole room, I wouldn't mind printing it, but for touch ups in very noticeable parts of the wall....

Thanks again.
princesspwrhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #14
turkeymama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesspwrhr
Thanks,
I didn't see the Sailor Mickey when I was looking after you posted the link the first time. Probably because the collections have changed in the last 5 years... lol I think I'll continue looking for the paint stick or hope someone comes through because I'm afraid the color will be too off if I print it from my computer. If I were repainting the whole room, I wouldn't mind printing it, but for touch ups in very noticeable parts of the wall....

Thanks again.
I have it! Mickey Sailor??? Is that it? We grabbed several right before HD stopped carrying them. Let me know if you still need it. I'll be happy to send it your way.
turkeymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #15
bearloch
DIS Veteran

another idea although not free is the crickett machine has a disney template and can do heads in any size and color along with a lot more!! some scapbooking shops will let bring own paper or buy their and use system for free!..I often used to have get togethers where we would share machines and make stuff all afternoon to share!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
bearloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: