Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 PM   #31
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

I would vote BC/BWI if it's in the budget.

We requested a room close to the elevator due to my poor knee and my friend's mom's health issues. They put us on the 5th floor facing DHS about 7 rooms from the elevators. It was super close to the Boardwalk area and the main part of the building. We couldn't have been more pleased with our location (including a view of ToT!)

I'd say POR for a mod. CBR has no elevators and CSR doesn't have an internal shuttle. If you are going value, you may consider AoA.

You could also look into renting DVC points.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 PM   #32
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainkid View Post
I still like to walk to get exercise so I often park the scooter and walk until I start to feel pain.
That's what my mom did when she first started using one. We would park it outside shops and restaurants and attractions, and she would walk a little, but it was always there for the main walking around the park. The last trip we took before we rented one, she spent an hour or more just lying on a bench because she couldn't go another step. I was concerned we wouldn't make it back to our resort at all that day. That's no way to spend your time at Disney!
fla4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 AM   #33
Andreak0428
Mouseketeer

In case this helps anyone! When my sister and I went to Disney last month we stopped at the WL to check it out. I asked one of the CMs there how this resort would be for someone with a knee problem and they said if you choose a standard view you have a better chance of being extremely close to the lobby. So I booked the WL for nine days in June
08 Contemporary Resort May 09 Pop Century
August 09 Contemporary Resort Feb 10 Caribbean Beach
August 10 Caribbean Beach July 11 Port Orleans Riverside
August 12 Polynesian June 13 Wilderness Lodge

Andreak0428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #34
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
If you are looking at a moderate resort, I would recommend POFQ. Book a preferred room. The bus stop is not far from the preferred rooms. Ask for first floor, but the resort does have elevators. I don't know that I would choose CBR, as it is really huge. POFQ is very compact.
Actually, POFQ is the only mod that DOESN'T have a preferred option. It's probably because of the compact size of the resort- they don't need to offer that. I would still recommend it however.

As others have stated, if you make the proper requests, you can comfortably stay at just about any WDW resort. I also agree with the PP who recommended that you arrange for an ECV for your father. You can rent one more economically from an offsite agency than renting them in the parks from Disney. And he would have the use of it 24/7, so the location of your room and your resort selection would not have to factor in his mobility limitations.

You can find more info on WDW for the mobility impaired by checking out the disABILITIES board.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #35
mickey&minniealways
DIS Veteran

Both my mother and my inlaws have stayed with us while at Disney. We have found that with renting a scooter and resort is doable. They all like OKW. The relaxing atmosphere is wonderful. Especially after a busy day at the parks. Also the rooms are the biggest on the Disney property. If you rent points from a member it is actualy quite afordable. Just tell them your situation and you can get either a first floor room or there are a couple of buildings with an elevator. The elevator buildings usually go to people with medical conditions so it might be possible. I have found that if it is a medical condition they will go out of their way to accomodate.

Last edited by mickey&minniealways; 09-21-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: add information
mickey&minniealways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #36
princessallegra
They call me Mrs. Disney

Wl

ASMU '95WL '05POP/POFQ '06ASMU '07POLY CL '09WL CL June '10ASMu Suite Nov '10CSR June '11POR Princess 1/2 '12ASp/CSR/AKL '12 ToT 10 Miler CSR '13
princessallegra is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: