Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM   #31
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

This update should not be read when hungry.

But seriously, excellent update.
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:45 AM   #32
DFTWbride2013
If I had a world of my own...

So, on to dresses! This is the part I've been most looking forward to. We went to Alfred Angelo yesterday. "We" being my MoH Rachel and my BM Sarah. That was an interesting experience! We did bridesmaid dresses first and oh boy, did I think that was going to be a hellish adventure. We were trying to dress two drastically different body types and I didn't think we'd find something in one day. I'm very happy to report that I was WRONG! That doesn't happen very often, but in this case I'm glad it did.

They only tried on 11 dresses total, but I'm going to just post a couple of my favorites and the one Disney dress they tried.

Rachel started with my favorite dress that I'd seen online. She hated it but she tried it on for me anyway. You can tell by her face that she still hated it. It comes in red so I might go order one for myself for engagement pictures... This one was from Alfred Angelo's Modern Vintage bridesmaids line.

This one is one of the Disney Maidens dresses. Rachel wanted to try it on and we were happily surprised that it wasn't anywhere near as short as it looks on the model online, but I didn't like it. It just looked like a party dress to me, not something for a wedding. Sorry Rachel!

This one was ALMOST the one. I absolutely loved it and so did they, but I think it's just way too formal of a look for my wedding. This says "formal evening wedding" whereas mine is "afternoon tea party" so... Sadly I had to rule it out.

This is one that Rachel pulled, and it actually ended up being the one! It has the right length, it's chiffon which I love, and it looked great on both of them. Sarah wasn't on board until we tried it on with crinoline underneath though- that REALLY made the dress and it was just the look I was going for! I'm so excited.

Here's without crinoline.

Here's with. I don't want it quite this puffy, so we'll take out one of the crinoline layers, but this gives the right idea for the shape!

I'm really excited and relieved that we found something that worked so well for both of them. They're going to look amazing! Even more than usual. I'm just hoping my other bridesmaid likes it. I know it'll look great on her too.

After a quick run to Starbucks for a little break (I just tried the mocha coconut frappuccino, omg delicious!) we came back in to try my dresses. That was a LOT more overwhelming! Again, I'm only posting a few, but I tried on about 9 or 10 total. Of the Disney dresses, I tried on the poofy Tiana, the drop waist Jasmine, the Belle, the Cinderella 205, and the Snow White. I've always admired the Cinderella 205 dress but it did absolutely nothing for my figure. Snow White is the same fit so it did just as little. The Jasmine was amazing but it just wasn't me. I really did like it though. I wanted to try the really really big Sleeping Beauty but they didn't have it anywhere near a size I could squeeze into. Oh well, it wasn't mean to be! I had her pull it out so I could look at it anyway and it was VERY pretty, especially the bodice.

Here's the Tiana I tried. It was so pretty and oh my gosh does that dress sparkle so much in person! No picture I've seen does that thing justice. It just didn't have the soft skirt I was looking for, and I don't like the fabric it's made of. It feels like plastic, kind of like a rain coat. Not my thing. It was pretty to look at though.

This is the Belle. It was very pretty and I loved what it did for my waist! It was just SO HEAVY. It was easily the heaviest dress I tried on all day and I just can't imagine spending 12+ hrs in it. Completely impractical.

This is one from AA's Sapphire line that I've been drooling over for the past couple of months. I love the lace and how soft and delicate it looks. When I tried it on though, I realized I need sparkle and this dress had zero. It was a good thing to figure out though. I know you can always add sparkle with accessories, but that just won't do for me.

This one WOULD HAVE been the one had I not found the other dress. This was such a close second, I had to stand in the mirror for like 10 minutes analyzing it before I put the other dress back on to be sure. It has a lot of sparkle that this picture just doesn't show, but it was absolutely beautiful and I felt great in it.

Here it is, finally- My dress. "The one." I'd been looking at this one on their site for the past year, always convinced that it would look terrible on me. When I went to the site a couple of days ago I noticed it wasn't there anymore- Oh no, it had been discontinued for fall! When I saw it in the store, I knew I had to try it on. It was ivory and corset back too, two things I really wanted. It was also in a size I could squeeze into (two sizes too small so it does look a bit awkward on here). This is the only dress that got me anywhere close to crying. It felt amazing, it was lightweight so I could wear it comfortably all day, it had sparkle in the skirt that this picture doesn't show well at all. Both my bridesmaids actually teared up when they saw me in it too. It was just perfect. I tried on some of the others after this one to be sure but when it came down to it, this was the one. I'm still in shock.

Oh, apparently I hit a sale too so I got $200 off! That was a great bonus. I can't wait til my actual dress comes in! And now that I have a dress picked out I can officially start looking at jewelry and a tiara to go with it. Yeah!

That's all for now, I'll update in 3 weeks after my PS. Thanks for reading!

DFTWbride2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #33
DFTWbride2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
This update should not be read when hungry.

But seriously, excellent update.
lol! Thanks. I made myself hungry, actually, I should eat lunch!

Old 08-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #34
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Hi! I'm just following along & want to say how much I am enjoying. Your sons are very handsome. I married a computer geek too. but, now he works at a liquor store, which has it's benefits too. hehehe

I love your dress!!! you look so beautiful. So many times when I see the options brides have & then what they pick, I want to say...no...no... you look so much better in options #xyz. But you hit the nail on the head! It is beautiful on you!

Thanks for posting the photos & opinions of the food and especially the desserts. We are in the middle of picking what desserts we want for our Illuminations DP, your photos & opinions were helpful!

Wishing you enjoyment as you plan this stage of your life. Before you know it you will be celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary! So enjoy each day, each moment!

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 PM   #35
Bewitch324
DIS Veteran

Your dress is PERFECT on you! It is so figure flattering and looks GREAT on you!!!!

I love the bridesmaid dress you selected too! I think it will be perfect for your event. I agree with you, it looks better with some crinoline, but not quite as much as they had...

Can't wait to hear more...

Have a great day!
Brooke
Bewitch324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #36
Nicsnick
Mouseketeer

I admit I have not been on the dis! I spend all my time on Facebook! I LOVE your dress! I also love your BM dresses!

I have never been to the Yatchsman Stake house. It is on our to do list!

I will be better at following all your plans! Here, on Facebook and when I get to see you!!
Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 AM   #37
DFTWbride2013

Planning Session

Planning Session and menu tasting day! I'd been looking forward to this for so long, and of course it went by really fast.

We got to Franck's at 9am for our planning session with our planner, Chrissy. She was a few minutes late so we looked around. I was really nervous because I've heard she's fairly new, and I find it really hard to warm up to most people when I first meet them. This is the woman that's in charge of my wedding, I was terrified that we weren't going to like each other or understand each other at all.

But....

She was awesome!! When she got there, we went into the Merriweather room.

This was on the table. Of course, I took it home with me and I'll be saving it for a future wedding scrapbook.

We sat down and started going over things. We started talking about venue times, outside vendors, transportation, things like that. She asked us about things we were and weren't planning on having- Cindy's Coach, Major Domo, staged exit, ushers, things like that. She also talked to us about preferred times and locations for our rehearsal venue if the Wedding Pavilion isn't available. She went over music with us and asked if we had a preferred DJ.

Somewhere in that, Alec reminded me that I had a folder with all my inspiration pictures printed out to give to her. Oops! She said she was really happy about it and hadn't had a bride give her something like that before. I know I've heard quite a few girls on these boards do it (that's where I got the idea from!) so if she was serious, I guess that really speaks to how new she is. Either way, she was really happy to have that and it seemed to make communicating my vision for the reception a heck of a lot easier!

Oh, and of course I won't forget the cake tasting! We requested some of the non-standard flavors.

We had yellow, chocolate, marble, almond, lemon, and orange cakes. For fillings, we had buttercream, dark chocolate, white chocolate, passion fruit, raspberry, Bavarian cream, orange, lemon, Bailey's, amaretto, and amaretto crunch.

We tried a LOT of different combinations, of course. The passion fruit was a lot more mild than I was expecting, and the raspberry was very sour. The buttercream made my teeth hurt, I think having that on the outside of the cake will be more than enough! I really liked lemon on lemon, but Alec didn't, so we didn't go with it. We have a 3 tier cake and for our flavors we decided on almond cake with amaretto crunch for the bottom (that was AMAAAAAAZING, by far my favorite and Alec loved it too), chocolate with Bailey's mousse filling for the middle layer (I usually hate chocolate cake but that was a great combo), and yellow cake with raspberry filling for the top. Neither of us really liked it very much though, so I think we'll end up changing it once we've made a decision on something else. I'm thinking either carrot cake with cream cheese or yellow cake with Bavarian cream and strawberries. Something safe since we didn't taste either of those.

After we were done with cake, Chrissy said goodbye and it was time to meet with Michelle, our floral person. She was really nice, too. We talked about everything, of course. Personal floral for us as well as people I'd forgotten about- Alec's parents and our poor kids! I never thought about giving them baby bouts but how cute would that be?? They're getting little silk Stephanotis! We talked about decor for the ceremony and she was completely honest if we were unsure about something and she thought we didn't really need it- no trying to make more money off of the confused girl, I really appreciated it! We talked about decor for everything, of course. If I wasn't sure about something she would pull up pictures on the computer, and a couple of times she even went out to the displays inside Franck's and grabbed things to show me. It was great! She pulled out linen swatches for things I was undecided on, and I have to admit it was kind of fun to play with them! I also gave her a folder of pictures and she was really good about writing down notes on them as well as in her notebook.

That was over before I knew it, and then we were done. We actually finished half an hour early, so we drove over to the Poly since GF's self-parking sucks and we didn't want to stay parked at the WP all day. My maid of honor, Rachel, was meeting us for the tasting, so we monorailed over to the GF to meet her. Alec isn't very vocal with his opinions and I really needed someone I knew would help me decide on food and help me make decisions. I knew I could count on her to be 100% honest. Anyway, we met her and had her monorail back to the Poly with us. I thought it was the perfect time to have her try some Dole Whip, so we headed over to Captain Cook's. She loved it, of course.

We had some time to kill, but it was raining outside so we sat around chatting for a while. Eventually the rain died down and we walked over to the Wedding Pavilion because I wanted Rachel to see it. There was a wedding about to start, though, so she didn't get to go in. We were getting close to our tasting time so we walked over to the convention center building. Chrissy wasn't going to be there with us for some reason, but she told us we would be meeting someone named Jose. As we walked into the convention building, someone followed us in and I looked at his name tag- Jose! He said he'd actually followed us over all the way from the WP, kind of creepy! He was really nice though.

Tasting will be in a new post. Stay with me!

Old 09-16-2012, 03:11 AM   #38
DFTWbride2013

Menu Tasting at GF Kitchen

So, we followed Jose back to the kitchen. This was what we walked in to:

Of course, we had to take the usual marquee picture too.

First, we looked at napkin folds. We decided on the Birds of Paradise.

I actually think napkin folds are kind of silly, but some of our guests might be amused by it! Haha.

Anyway, here's where the FOOD comes in!! (By the way, I think our Chef's name was Martha, but I'm not 100% sure! She was very soft-spoken and we were all struggling to hear her over all the noise of the kitchen.)

First up was the Grilled Shrimp Gazpacho.

It wasn't what any of us were expecting. I don't know exactly what anyone else expected, but I assumed it would be a pale colored, creamy broth. This broth was almost like salsa made into soup. You know what? It was REALLY delicious!! It was my favorite of the 3 pre-reception foods we tried. We'll definitely be serving it. Alec and Rachel really liked it too!

Next was the bacon-crusted beef and blue cheese with balsamic sun-dried tomato pesto.

This was the one I was most excited to try, but I ended up liking it the least. The flavor wasn't bad, but it was really greasy and tasted like a meat lover's pizza from Pizza Hut to me. That might sound odd, but it was the absolute first thing my mind associated it with and I'd say it's pretty accurate. We won't be serving this. I'm thinking of replacing it with either the Thai beef salad in a wonton cup, or the bacon wrapped scallop in a Thai sugar glaze, but we're not sure yet. Rachel really liked this, and Alec didn't have much of an opinion. Good thing the bride always wins!

Next up were the strawberry soup shooters.

This was good. A little sour, a little sweet, very thick and creamy. I'd compare it to drinking strawberry yogurt, only a little more thin than that. It was good, but not great and I don't think we'll be serving it. Rachel thought it was okay but not great also, and again Alec didn't have much of an opinion.

Next, we had the Creamy Parmesan and Champagne Risotto topped with Crab Gremolata.

This was amazing. The texture was creamy and smooth and the flavor was delicious. It was a hit with all 3 of us.

Grown-up Truffle Macaroni and Cheese with Lobster Meat Salad was next.

This was really good too! The flavor was amazing, and I loved the diced bell pepper in it that gave it not only a crunchy texture contrast, but of course another delicious flavor that added to the dish. In one word? Yum! Our only complaint, and this was unanimous, was that we felt it needed more of a cheese flavor to it. We're all cheese lovers so the cheese part of mac n cheese is important to us. The chef said she would add a little more sauce and the cheese should come out more. I hope so, but even if it doesn't the dish was still very good and I'm sure my guests will be happy with it.

Needless to say, both of those will be in our Martini Action Station, along with the Yukon Gold Potatoes topped with Aged Cheddar, Chive Sour Cream,
and Crisp Prosciutto that we didn't feel we needed to taste.

For our last 3 items, we chose to taste all 3 of our entrees. My only complaint was that we didn't get the big, full-sized portions that most people on the boards seem to get. It didn't matter really for the beef or fish, but I found it hard to get a taste for the chicken with only 2 bites of it. Anyway, here come the entrees.

Parmesan-crusted Chicken Breast with Mushroom Cream & Parsley

This wasn't bad, and the breading of the chicken definitely had a very nice crunch to it. Something about it was just off and I didn't really get to taste enough to figure out what it was that I wasn't happy with. Rachel felt about the same as I did, and again I'm really not sure what Alec thought. We'll probably serve it anyway because it wasn't bad, I'm just going to have the sauce served on the side.

Three Peppercorn and Whole Grain Mustard Rubbed Beef Strip Loin with
Caramelized Red Onion Compote and Gorgonzola Cheese Fondue.

This was really good. Beef has more of a flavor overall so I was able to cut my pieces smaller and really play with the different flavors and combinations with the sauce and compote and still get the beef flavor with it. The red onion compote was sweet, but not unpleasantly so. The gorgonzola was too strong for Alec and Rachel, but I absolutely loved it! I also liked mixing both the sauces and getting a bit of each with a bite of the beef. The fondue cut the sweetness of the compote and the compote made the fondue a much more mild flavor, I thought they complimented each other very well! I wasn't as aware of the mustard as I was the other two items, but it was good when I could taste it. I'm very happy with this choice. The fondue and compote will both be served on the side, and the meat is rubbed with the mustard and then carved at the carving station.

Last up is the Quick- fried Red Snapper with Passion Fruit Beurre Blanc. She served it with sea salt veggies on the side.

This was my all-time favorite dish of the whole tasting. I was actually very nervous about this one, and we only chose it because we didn't like the sound of any of the other fish options on the menus. I'm so so so glad we did! It was moist enough on the inside, crispy on the outside but not overly so, and the passion fruit sauce was mild and enhanced the flavor without sticking out on its own. The veggies were also very tasty- This was the first time I've ever enjoyed asparagus. Rachel doesn't like zucchini and she usually doesn't like fish much either, and Alec really doesn't like zucchini or squash, or asparagus. Well, all 3 of us cleaned our plates on this one! I was so impressed and I'm really looking forward to enjoying this again at the wedding.

Old 09-16-2012, 03:34 AM   #39
DFTWbride2013

That was the end of the planning day, it went by so fast! I do have a few other updates though.

We changed our dessert party venue (again) two days before our planning session. I finally saw IllumiNations for the first time recently, and I really didn't enjoy it. So, as much as I would have liked my guests to have that in-park experience, I felt it was more important to me to share Wishes with them. I love Wishes, it always makes me cry, and I feel that the wedding is a perfect example of what Wishes means. So we're now having our DP at Sago Cay Pointe. This also means we can have outside photo and video now so I'm extra excited!

I got my tiara for the wedding while I was in MK a couple of weeks ago. I don't have a picture on hand and it's late right now, but I'll post one next time (if I remember). I'm stumped as far as jewelry goes but I have a while to decide. I ordered some really cute shoes but not sure yet if I'll be using them or not. We'll see. if I decide to keep them I'll post a picture of those too.

I'd hope I've mentioned by now that I booked the lovely Regina Hyman for our wedding photography. Well she and her husband have recently opened a photobooth business, Fun Fotos Photo Booths. I was planning on having a photo booth at the reception anyway, but that solved my dilemma on who to use! Their booth looks great, the price is right, and they really seem to offer a lot more options than the other booths I was looking at. I'm really excited!

I have my deposit down with Trinity Wedding Cinema for our videography. I fell in love with their style after watching a fellow DisBride's video. It was exactly what I was looking for! They've been very friendly, I just wish they didn't insist on using the phone to communicate so often. Don't they know some of us are terrified of phone calls!? I'm really excited to have them do our video though, because I know it's going to be beautiful and I'll look to this video for the rest of my life when I want to relive my wedding day.

After much debate, we decided to just go with 'Ohana for our rehearsal dinner. The food is amazing, I get to drink out of a pineapple, and we can all wear fun tropical clothes! I think it'll work just fine.

I dragged my lazy *** out of bed at 7am on our 180-day mark and managed to snag the Chef's Table at Victoria and Albert's for our honeymoon, for the day we're hoping to be able to do our Magic Kingdom shoot on. I'm really excited, I thought for sure I wouldn't get it. It's something I wanted to do but I think Alec is looking forward to it even more than I am.

Speaking of the Magic Kingdom shoot, we've gotten really frustrated with Disney photography. I know they're busy and all, but we've called and left messages at least once a month since we signed our contract, and I've also emailed them twice, and we've never heard back from them. Thankfully, Chrissy brought it up at our PS and she's going to email Dara herself and find out about availability for the date we want. She can't officially schedule us yet since we're not using Disney for photography, but she said Dara should at least be able to make a note of it for now. Yay, Chrissy! Hopefully we hear back on that soon.

I think that's all my updates for now, and it's bed time anyway. I hope you enjoyed!

Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #40
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Everything looks great so far! Your dress is beautiful!

I also have Chrissy! Finally someone who shares a planner with me!

I actually have her a book of picture-inspiration as well...so here saying no one has before....
LyndsayJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:54 PM   #41
lyncecelia
DIS Veteran

Just read your whole journal, and I love what I read so far! I'm sorry that your tasting had such small entrees, but it sounds like you enjoyed the experience nonetheless! I look forward to reading more!

Me (25)DH (33) *DH's Kids*:DSS13DSD12DSD10 DSS7
Met on the DIS, and going strong
May 10th 2010-First date at Kona...October 2011-first trip together...April 21st-29th 2012-first trip with the kids...October 3rd-6th 2012-adults only trip...January 9th-13th 2014-planning session and birthday trip for DSS1...February 2014-Valentine's Day Getaway...May 16th-24th 2014-wedding trip (WP/LSS/Sago Cay), honeymoon, and birthday trip for DSS2...December 4th-7th 2014-birthday trip for DSD2...March 14th-16th 2015-birthday trip for DSD1

Hear me on: ...On a mission to become a healthier me! I have lost:
lyncecelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #42
longwaybycarriage
Earning My Ears

It was the Wonderland part that pulled me in! Probably my favourite wedding theme ever (if only Df agreed ). One of my chief bridesmaids is getting married next year and we're doing teapot centrepieces for her - we've seen them at a wedding show and they look so quirky and cool.

Oh, and the dress! You definitely made the right choice. It looks stunning (and I've been notoriously picky about dresses!).

Looking forward to seeing more.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #43
DFTWbride2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
Everything looks great so far! Your dress is beautiful!

I also have Chrissy! Finally someone who shares a planner with me!

I actually have her a book of picture-inspiration as well...so here saying no one has before....
Thank you! I love my dress, can't wait to put it on when it gets in!

Hah, I thought she was lying but I don't know why she would! Thanks for confirming my suspicions. Those planners are so odd sometimes!

Lyndsay, aren't you on the Facebook group? I didn't know you had Chrissy! She's really sweet, isn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyncecelia View Post
Just read your whole journal, and I love what I read so far! I'm sorry that your tasting had such small entrees, but it sounds like you enjoyed the experience nonetheless! I look forward to reading more!
Thanks! The tasting was great, I'm very confident that my guests will not go hungry at our wedding. I really feel like whatever else we get, we can't go wrong even if we didn't taste it all ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaybycarriage View Post
It was the Wonderland part that pulled me in! Probably my favourite wedding theme ever (if only Df agreed ). One of my chief bridesmaids is getting married next year and we're doing teapot centrepieces for her - we've seen them at a wedding show and they look so quirky and cool.

Oh, and the dress! You definitely made the right choice. It looks stunning (and I've been notoriously picky about dresses!).

Looking forward to seeing more.
Hi there! Yes, Wonderland has been such a fun theme to do. I'm so glad I decided on this after running through countless other themes that I got stuck on. Aww, be happy your DF has opinions! Wish I could get mine to! Yay for teapot centerpieces! I've seen them so many ways and I always love them, I'm sure hers will be great too!

Thank you! That dress was so fun to wear, I felt like shaking my backside in it!!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:59 AM   #44
DFTWbride2013

I just have a little update today- about more dresses and my meeting with Shelley from Impressions. I'm going to start with my experience at David's Bridal because it's a big chain that I know a lot of brides end up going to.

So, even though I swore I would never go to David's Bridal after the terrible service one of my friends received there, they had a sale going on for bridesmaid dresses so I thought I'd drop in and take a look. I was trying to find something for engagement pictures and I didn't want to spend a lot on something I'd probably never wear again; that's the job of the wedding dress, right? So I go in, and this really nice lady greets me and takes my name and points me to where I'm supposed to go. She tells me someone will be there shortly to help me and to get me a room. I start looking at the clearance wall and I'm disgusted by the condition that these dresses are in. Rips, tears, some even stained. Unless you know how to sew (and I sure as hell don't) it would cost more money to fix one of these dresses enough to wear it anyway. So I start looking at their other dresses, and I have questions, and I need a room... It's been at least 15 minutes and this unknown lady that's supposed to help me still isn't around. Eventually I go back to the woman up front and she helps me and has to hunt down the consultant that was supposed to come greet me. I'd already seen this consultant pass right by me a few times and never said a damn word to me! Even now that she's being introduced to me, she barely says two words- I can already tell she's going to be no help. So after having a few of my questions answered by the woman up front, I start pulling my own dresses and trying them on. I find a couple that I like, but I had more questions. I hunt down my consultant, and she's helping this other woman look at tiaras. She sees me, doesn't acknowledge me, turns away and completely ignores me. All I wanted was an "I'll be with you in a moment" or something along those lines, but nope, I get nada.

So I'm furious, I'm about to leave... And this GORGEOUS wedding dress on a mannequin catches my eye. Instant love. I had to try it on. I asked the woman up front if I could try on a wedding dress, and she made me fill out this form and told me I'd have a different consultant for that. Hell yes, that's fine with me!! So I wait a few minutes, and I'm looking through the wedding dresses and I see this adorable tea length dress I'd seen on their site. I love it, but it didn't list it in my size so I never gave it a 2nd thought. It was even prettier in person. I check the size, and keep moving because I'd never fit into it. I get called up front to meet my new consultant. The difference was night and day! This woman was very sweet, very friendly and helpful. She even apologized for making me wait. I pointed out the dress I wanted to try, and she went and got it and helped me try it on. Oh my gosh!! I loved it, I knew I had to have it. I didn't take a picture of myself in it because I was alone and never even thought about it, but here's the picture from the website.

Of course, this picture doesn't do it justice. The fabric was so soft, there were sparkles but not TOO much. The one-shoulder strap sparkled too. It was the princess feeling I wanted for the ceremony that I didn't get out of my other dress. Okay, I'm sold. I don't think the consultant understood that though. I made the mistake of mentioning that I'm getting married at Disney. You might ask, "Stephanie, why would that be a mistake?" Well, let me tell you, everyone has a different interpretation of what a "princess" dress is. This consultant ran and started pulling these satin gowns with typical princess waistlines and obviously acrylic boning through the top of the dress... Oh boy, SO not my thing! I told her 3 times I don't like satin and I don't want satin and she pretty much forced me into 3 satin dresses that I just couldn't stand. After that, I think she finally got the hint. "I think that first one is your dress, you keep looking at it." Well no sh*t lady, I told you that when I had it on! (I'm so nice, aren't I? I was at my limit and beyond by this point)

Well, she was ready to go check me out, but I mentioned that I still hadn't gotten answers to my questions about the engagement dress. I told her about my other consultant's lack of interest so she ran right off to go find answers for me and help me out with that dress, too! We get that settled, she even pulled other dresses I the colors I was thinking of to help me decide on a color, and then we're finally done with that.

This is the dress and color I chose for engagement pictures at Grand Floridian and Animal Kingdom Lodge during Christmas time.

So now we're up at the register, going over payment options and all that, and she pulls open the bridal gown book to get the info she needs to order my dress. Do you remember the tea length dress I mentioned earlier? Well apparently it's by the same designer as this one-shoulder dress that I'm getting. So I point it out and whine a little about how I love that dress and I can't get it because it doesn't come in my size. She looks at it and said "Yes, I think it does. Would you like me to check?" So she looks, and they do have it in plus sizes! It's just a special order. So, of course, I ordered it and now I have my tea length gown for my rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, farewell breakfast, Victoria and Albert's, and whatever else I can squeeze it in for! I was so excited!

Here's a picture of the tea length dress.

I'm going to get a light pink crinoline to go under this one, too. I think it'll be adorable. Oh, and when I got home, I got back on the site and checked the page for the tea length dress to see if it mentioned plus sizes. I realize I'm an idiot because it's right there under the description with all the other print- Available as a special order in extended sizes. Oops! Well good thing I spoke up because I sure as hell can't read.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #45
DFTWbride2013

The other, much smaller update I wanted to talk about was my meeting with Shelley from Impressions yesterday. Let me tell you, yesterday was not a good day! We got stuck in terrible traffic for two hours on our way over, because of an accident on I-4. So what would have normally been an hour and a half drive took us 3 and a half ours instead. Thankfully, Shelley was running late too because Disney put a surprise order on her yesterday for a wedding that was taking place today. So I was there at 3pm for our 1pm meeting and she was there at 3:30. LOL. Funny how things work, right?

Anyway, we met at Franck's. She had a big folder-purse thing (I'm so technical, aren't I? No idea what it's called) with a bunch of samples and she brought some Alice in Wonderland things she had. I'd already come to them with the basic invitation style I wanted, so we were there more to discuss papers, colors, and the smaller details. She took down all of my wedding information, how the events are being decorated, colors, all of that stuff. She asked if we were going more for formal and elegant, or fun invitations. I told her I wanted a cross between both. I do want the Cheshire cat somewhere and I want it to be a little fun, but not too cartoon-y. I want box invitations so we talked about the colors for the top and bottom of the box and the shimmer box vs matte. Printed ribbon vs plain ribbon. I also want a ribbon and buckle on the invitation itself, so we talked about buckle shapes and wider ribbon vs the more narrow ribbon. We talked about the different ink types, colors, wording, how many insert cards I would need, placement of the ribbon and the Cheshire Cat on the invitation, what kind of art he would be in, every detail. We also went over table signs because I know I definitely want to do those through them too. Oh, we're doing our framed table seating list through them also! It hadn't occurred to me before that that was even an option, and of course she said they could do it. One less thing for me to try to DIY with the spare time that I figured out I don't have. We also talked briefly about programs, but since I still have no idea what I want we didn't get into details on those yet. Shelley is not the person to go to for pricing though, she said herself that she's not the one that keeps track of it, so don't expect that from her! She took down notes to ask Amanda for any pricing questions I had. I did tell her I was trying to cut costs down a little from the list they'd sent me before, so she did try to make some suggestions but she doesn't know exact price differences or anything.

Oh, and I didn't really talk about it, so I definitely want to mention that Shelley herself is an absolute sweetheart! We did get off track a few times talking about other things, and I felt very at ease with her and I wasn't nervous at all. She was such a pleasure to talk to and I had a really great time. I definitely feel like I can go to both her and Amanda with questions and that I'll get thorough, friendly answers and they'll help me with whatever I need. I look forward to working with them more.

All in all, I think it was very productive and it was well worth the pain to get out there to have this meeting. The dole whip I went to have at the Poly afterwards didn't hurt either.

That's it for today, thanks to anyone who read!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: