Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 02:11 AM   #16
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
DH is hooked on the series too and we literally just booked our ABD to Scotland!!! This will be our first ABD trip.
Whoo hoo! Congratulations. I ditto SayHello--you are going to love ABD. I've only done one, but it was amazing. I can't wait for Scotland next summer.
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #17
Bobo912
DIS Veteran

Now, the price has gone up to $5299/$5039 for every date. That's amazing, since the 2013 itineraries were just released 1 week ago.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
Now, the price has gone up to $5299/$5039 for every date. That's amazing, since the 2013 itineraries were just released 1 week ago.
I agree. ABD did something right this time. It seems to be a combination of it being a new itinerary that was well promoted, and there only being 7 departures. Doesn't hurt that it's such a great itinerary.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #19
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
I agree. ABD did something right this time. It seems to be a combination of it being a new itinerary that was well promoted, and there only being 7 departures. Doesn't hurt that it's such a great itinerary.

Sayhello
I am so happy that I not only booked it before the prices went up I also booked on the Adult only trip before it was blocked.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I am so happy that I not only booked it before the prices went up I also booked on the Adult only trip before it was blocked.
I'm so glad for you. That's one thing that's keeping me from considering that trip. I'd need to know. I'm not good at "wait and see".

Sayhello
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 PM   #21
OhhBother
Mouseketeer

I am so excited and need to tell someone! I just booked the June 22 trip to Scotland for my husband and me. It will be his Christmas gift, so I have to keep this secret until Dec. 24!

This will be our first trip to Europe and our first ABD trip. We love Disney and are DVC members, so I know we're in for a treat. Going to Scotland has been a lifelong dream for my husband -- so excited to make this dream come true for him.

I had actually booked a British Isles cruise for his Christmas gift, but I canceled that when this itinerary became available.

Anyone else on the June 22 trip?
OhhBother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #22
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats on booking your first ABD! You're in for a big treat!
Sayhello
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
Whoo hoo! Congratulations. I ditto SayHello--you are going to love ABD. I've only done one, but it was amazing. I can't wait for Scotland next summer.
Thank you Sayhello and CaliforniaGirl! I am really looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I wish I would have booked Scotland before the price jump I will defintely be booking London/Paris 2014 on day one Normally, I would have been interested in the adult itinerary but REMT is held in August which I really would like to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post
I am so excited and need to tell someone! I just booked the June 22 trip to Scotland for my husband and me. It will be his Christmas gift, so I have to keep this secret until Dec. 24!

This will be our first trip to Europe and our first ABD trip. We love Disney and are DVC members, so I know we're in for a treat. Going to Scotland has been a lifelong dream for my husband -- so excited to make this dream come true for him.

I had actually booked a British Isles cruise for his Christmas gift, but I canceled that when this itinerary became available.

Anyone else on the June 22 trip?
OhhBother, what a nice Christmas present for your DH!!!

Newbie question alert:
Does anyone know if there will be announced pre-stay special offers like on some of the other adventures? We booked with DU so is that something we'd go through them about if it isn't announced or try to do o our own

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #23
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Newbie question alert:
Does anyone know if there will be announced pre-stay special offers like on some of the other adventures? We booked with DU so is that something we'd go through them about if it isn't announced or try to do o our own
Usually the pre- or post- stay add-ons aren't advertised, so you'd need to call ABD (or ask your DU Travel Agent) about that.

Sayhello
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #24
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Usually the pre- or post- stay add-ons aren't advertised, so you'd need to call ABD (or ask your DU Travel Agent) about that.

Sayhello
Thank you

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #25
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm so glad for you. That's one thing that's keeping me from considering that trip. I'd need to know. I'm not good at "wait and see".

Sayhello
I probably would not be going if I hadn't been able to get that trip, I can't really go in the summer as I am already doing a 12 day DCL med crusie and the March trip well after Ireland in May lets just ssay the weather wouldn't be to my liking. I can't be a wait and see person either, I have to choose my vacation time early so if I waitlisted the trip and it wasn't a go there may not be another trip that would fit into my vacation weeks that I would want to go on. It is a really good thing that I get 5 weeks vacation every year or I would be in real trouble.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #26
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you Sayhello and CaliforniaGirl! I am really looking forward to it!

I wish I would have booked Scotland before the price jump I will defintely be booking London/Paris 2014 on day one Normally, I would have been interested in the adult itinerary but REMT is held in August which I really would like to see.

OhhBother, what a nice Christmas present for your DH!!!

Newbie question alert:
This was the first year that they had those specials offered, so it is not a guarantee that they will offer it in subsequent years.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:09 AM   #27
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Hello all! We do WDW frequently, but have never been on ABD. I had been looking into ABD trips, and always thought "if only there was a trip to Scotland......" (My family is Scottish, and I was a competetive Highland dancer in my younger days, and performed with the City of Denver Pipe Band, and I once got to dance with the Fourty Twa! And it's always been my dream to dance in Scotland!) But there wasn't one, so I kept putting it off, and planning other Disney trips....

Now I see the Scotland vacation, and have been making myself sick trying to figure out how to work it in to our vacation plans, but I already have a trip to DLR planned for this Christmas , and a DCL Caribbean cruise next year , so I just don't think I can fit the (cost of the) Scotland vacation in 2013 as well. I've seen a few people mention 2014 (and even 2015) - so do you think they will continue a Scotland itinerary in 2014? That would work out perfectly, as I haven't yet committed our 2014 vacation plans, but I was afraid this would be a one time (one season--2013) thing with the Brave movie coming out..... Anyone have insight?

And all you Outlander fans - Je suis prest!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Hello all! We do WDW frequently, but have never been on ABD. I had been looking into ABD trips, and always thought "if only there was a trip to Scotland......" (My family is Scottish, and I was a competetive Highland dancer in my younger days, and performed with the City of Denver Pipe Band, and I once got to dance with the Fourty Twa! And it's always been my dream to dance in Scotland!) But there wasn't one, so I kept putting it off, and planning other Disney trips....

Now I see the Scotland vacation, and have been making myself sick trying to figure out how to work it in to our vacation plans, but I already have a trip to DLR planned for this Christmas , and a DCL Caribbean cruise next year , so I just don't think I can fit the (cost of the) Scotland vacation in 2013 as well. I've seen a few people mention 2014 (and even 2015) - so do you think they will continue a Scotland itinerary in 2014? That would work out perfectly, as I haven't yet committed our 2014 vacation plans, but I was afraid this would be a one time (one season--2013) thing with the Brave movie coming out..... Anyone have insight?

And all you Outlander fans - Je suis prest!

While no one can predict which itineraries will stick around. They do keep the popular ones. If the new itinerary is popular it will more than likely stick around they may however tweak ita bit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: