Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Yay! When are you guys going to Disney next year? We already are planning for April 2013 (for my Dad's 60th birthday) and then again in Oct 2013. Maybe we'll also do a short trip for the Christmas decorations, but we'll see. Good luck on trying for #2! Its always exciting to see more DIS babies!
It would be May 2013 with my side of the family- 8 total with DS being the only child. And then Late August 2013 with a close family friends- 4 adults and 3 munkins (all under 5!).

I think both of those trips are going to have to be very laid back- both due to the number of people and due to newcomers and kiddos. So I am thinking that it won't be that bad if I am pregnant for one or both since I don't picture much rushing around!
Curiouser&curiouser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #17
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I'm here! I'm here! Ready to follow along on this trip planning.

Eating around the World for 2 sounds FANTASTIC!! I'm marking that on my list of to-do's while pregnant with #2 in hopefully a couple more years.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #18
wendy3
Mouseketeer

I'm in!!
wendy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Congratulations again! I'm in and ready to read your PTR!
fitgirl36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #20
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

How exciting to be spending Epcot's 30th birthday at the actual park. Sounds like a lot of fun. I was pregnant when I went on my trip in 2009, but since I didn't find out until after the trip I guess that doesn't count.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip since my next one will not be until the end of next May.
Corrine 1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #21
amazingact21
Upendi

I'm here! Can't wait to read more.
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports:Let's Watch the Hallucination Show on the Castle -A May '14 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 TR/December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:15 PM   #22
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Joining in!!! Congratulations again!!! Your new baby is going to be an Epcot expert before even being born!!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!
This baby has a good chance of being a Disney fan before it is born. My DS pretty much requests listening to Disney music all day long, so I know this new little one will be well versed in the sounds of Disney before we even welcome it into the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Congrats again!

You know I'm always ready to read one of your reports!

Eating for 2 around the World Showcase kiosks? Sadly, I usually don't need an excuse to eat like I'm eating for 2.

Your comment about the Energizer bunny made me Reid is the same way!

I can't wait to hear y'alls plans. It'll be interesting to see if we have plans to be in some of the same parks on the same day.
I don't know how firm our plans are going to be, I think its going to more of a "flying by the seat of our pants" kind of trip, but I would love to meet up with you guys if you have time during the week. I think we're pretty much going to stick to MK and Epcot, with one day at AK and maybe an afternoon at DHS. Its a good think I have this PTR and you guys to help me figure it all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I've read your TR's in the past and I am in for this as well.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!
Thank you so much and I'm so happy you're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
It would be May 2013 with my side of the family- 8 total with DS being the only child. And then Late August 2013 with a close family friends- 4 adults and 3 munkins (all under 5!).

I think both of those trips are going to have to be very laid back- both due to the number of people and due to newcomers and kiddos. So I am thinking that it won't be that bad if I am pregnant for one or both since I don't picture much rushing around!
That sounds like fun! We frequently go with our extended families, and it always is a much slower pace, which is good news if you are pregnant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I'm here! I'm here! Ready to follow along on this trip planning.

Eating around the World for 2 sounds FANTASTIC!! I'm marking that on my list of to-do's while pregnant with #2 in hopefully a couple more years.
Yay! The only thing I'm worried about is failing the dreaded glucose test. I failed the one hour last time and totally freaked out and then passed the 3 hour with flying colors. I'm thinking of waiting until I get back from vacation to schedule it this time around, I don't need that kind of stress impacting my eating!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 03:18 PM   #23
CandleontheWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy3 View Post
I'm in!!
Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Congratulations again! I'm in and ready to read your PTR!
Thanks for following me over, glad you can join in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrine 1973 View Post
How exciting to be spending Epcot's 30th birthday at the actual park. Sounds like a lot of fun. I was pregnant when I went on my trip in 2009, but since I didn't find out until after the trip I guess that doesn't count.

Can't wait to hear all about your trip since my next one will not be until the end of next May.
You know, I was actually pregnant when we went this April! It was so early that a pregnancy test wouldn't have picked it up, but I still feel a little guilty about riding Space Mountain. Maybe this baby will end up a thrill seeker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I'm here! Can't wait to read more.
Awesome! I'm going to get my next update posted on Monday, we we get home from Memorial day weekend.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #24
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in, i am going to disney 6.5 months pregnant, people think i am nuts, but i don't really care!
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:05 PM   #25
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
This baby has a good chance of being a Disney fan before it is born. My DS pretty much requests listening to Disney music all day long, so I know this new little one will be well versed in the sounds of Disney before we even welcome it into the world!

Gotta start them out early!!! Now that I'm thinking about it I've been to Disneyland pregnant twice and ended up with 2 little Disney Souvenir's in Sept 2008 and Sept 2010!! Our first trip I was only about 10 weeks pregnant and the second one was the begging the Dr to let me go when I was 32 weeks pregnant. You'll still have a lot that you can do and it'll be a different type of trip.

Quote:
You know, I was actually pregnant when we went this April! It was so early that a pregnancy test wouldn't have picked it up, but I still feel a little guilty about riding Space Mountain. Maybe this baby will end up a thrill seeker!
Don't feel guilty, you didn't know and everything sounds like it's already going fine. I did ride Indiana Jones (similar to Dinosaur at AK) when I was 10 weeks and I knew I was pregnant. Just forgot how bumpy it could be. Both me and DS were fine that whole pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in, i am going to disney 6.5 months pregnant, people think i am nuts, but i don't really care!
Your not nuts!! Your just starting them out early on their love of all things Disney!! That's what I tell my family and friends anyways!!

What do you mean we're driving to WDW from CA? PTR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3179094
ladylyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #26
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know how firm our plans are going to be, I think its going to more of a "flying by the seat of our pants" kind of trip, but I would love to meet up with you guys if you have time during the week. I think we're pretty much going to stick to MK and Epcot, with one day at AK and maybe an afternoon at DHS. Its a good think I have this PTR and you guys to help me figure it all out!
I would love to be able to meet up with y'all. Hopefully, we can work something out. I did make some changes late last night that affects our time in Epcot. Don't want to give too much away - gotta save it for the PTR! But, we do have some MK time at the beginning of our trip that will hopefully coincide with y'alls MK time. I know I'm skipping ahead here, so please don't feel obligated to answer this question: Are y'all doing MNSSHP?
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh!!!! I somehow (once again) COMPLETELY missed out on your big news. CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting! I'm along for the ride!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #28
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I'm here! Congratulations!!!

I was just about to click over to your PTR when someone actually posted the link to it on my TR after I announced I'd be tackling Disney while pregnant, too! I'm excited to have someone going through the same thing so we can bounce ideas off of each other. You're right in that there just aren't too many reports out there about being pregnant at Disney. I'm excited to hear about your plans!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #29
CandleontheWater

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
You can come over here and hang out with me because I don't think you're nuts at all! I'll be about that pregnant when I go, something like 27 weeks, that's 6 months right? Please don't ask me to do the math!

Oh and congratulations to you too! There are a lot of Dec babies popping up here on the DIS, it is so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylyons View Post
Gotta start them out early!!! Now that I'm thinking about it I've been to Disneyland pregnant twice and ended up with 2 little Disney Souvenir's in Sept 2008 and Sept 2010!! Our first trip I was only about 10 weeks pregnant and the second one was the begging the Dr to let me go when I was 32 weeks pregnant. You'll still have a lot that you can do and it'll be a different type of trip.

Don't feel guilty, you didn't know and everything sounds like it's already going fine. I did ride Indiana Jones (similar to Dinosaur at AK) when I was 10 weeks and I knew I was pregnant. Just forgot how bumpy it could be. Both me and DS were fine that whole pregnancy.
Wow, not one but two Disney souvenirs? I'm sure they'll grow up loving Disney, because they certainly got the right start!

I'm trying not to feel too guilty, I know that everything is OK, and that is the important part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I would love to be able to meet up with y'all. Hopefully, we can work something out. I did make some changes late last night that affects our time in Epcot. Don't want to give too much away - gotta save it for the PTR! But, we do have some MK time at the beginning of our trip that will hopefully coincide with y'alls MK time. I know I'm skipping ahead here, so please don't feel obligated to answer this question: Are y'all doing MNSSHP?
Yes, we are doing MNSSHP! I think we're going on the 28th. I don't want to do it on the 30th because I plan to be up really early to be at Epcot the next morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my gosh!!!! I somehow (once again) COMPLETELY missed out on your big news. CONGRATULATIONS! That's so exciting! I'm along for the ride!
Thank you, and I'm excited that you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I'm here! Congratulations!!!

I was just about to click over to your PTR when someone actually posted the link to it on my TR after I announced I'd be tackling Disney while pregnant, too! I'm excited to have someone going through the same thing so we can bounce ideas off of each other. You're right in that there just aren't too many reports out there about being pregnant at Disney. I'm excited to hear about your plans!
When are your dates? Are we going to overlap at all? It will be so much fun to plan this together, I'm glad you're on board!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #30
CandleontheWater

Ladies and Gentleman- let me introduce- your cast!

First up is- Me! I'm Marissa and I'm a Disney nut. My first visit was in 1978 at the tender age of 9 months old, and I've been countless times since then. Prior to moving to Virginia, I lived in Florida for about 10 years, which allowed me lots and lots of access to the Mouse. I really miss those spontaneous weekend trips and I'm holding out hope that when my DH gets out of the Navy in two years, we can move back to Florida.

I will also be hosting a tag-a-long on this trip in the form of a 27-week pregnancy. I've done Disney pregnant one other time, but I was only 12 weeks, so this trip is going to be very different. I'm hoping to do lots of baby shopping during the trip and I think that early exposure to Disney will likely increase the chance that this baby will grow up to be a Disney fan too!

next time you see me in Disney it will be minus the drink and I will be much, much rounder!

Also joining me will be Ga-Gae, my awesome mom. She's been a regular on our Disney trips and loves Disney almost as much as I do. She took her first trip to Disney in 1976 on her honeymoon and loved it so much that she and my Dad took my brothers and I on yearly pilgrimages to WDW. In 2005 we purchased DVC as a family, so we could continue to enjoy family trips even as our family continued to grow!

The undisputed star of this show is my two-year old DS, Everett. He's already been to Disney 7 times (not too shabby!) and is a full convert. His favorite things include listening to the full ride audio of the Haunted Mansion, watching Wishes on youtube, and randomly quoting Beauty and the Beast.

Is there anything better in life than a Mickey bar?

Almost there!

The teacups are one of his favorite rides!

Missing from this trip will be my DH, Mark.

I'm sure he'd much rather be enjoying a Disney vacation, but he'll be serving his country, deployed to the Middle East. He'll be able to log on and read this PTR and TR, and maybe I'll even convince him to create a username and comment from time to time. We'll miss him, but I'll be sure to record all of our adventures so he can follow along and relive the memories.

Next up, the WHEN and WHERE of this trip! thanks for reading along!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: