Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 03:36 PM   #46
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
I have to agree, it's gorgeous!! Where do you get them?
http://www.chamilia.com/

This is the company that makes the Disney charms. You can do a search for local stores near you that sell Chamilia. They are very much like Pandora. The store near my has some of the Disney charms, but last time I was in, they didn't have the one that the OP posted. There are also some available at disneyshopping.com and I think I've heard that they sell them at World of Disney in DTD.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #47
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post

This is the company that makes the Disney charms. You can do a search for local stores near you that sell Chamilia. They are very much like Pandora. The store near my has some of the Disney charms, but last time I was in, they didn't have the one that the OP posted. There are also some available at disneyshopping.com and I think I've heard that they sell them at World of Disney in DTD.
Yes, that' right! The rest of the charms are actually from another store, we just chose Disney colors. I was very bothered that they offered a Blue and Pink Mickey but not red???? Really! Why pink and blue??? Is it for boy/girl? There is another Mickey head in silver but I thought this one made a statement, especially with the other beads.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #48
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
Yes, that' right! The rest of the charms are actually from another store, we just chose Disney colors. I was very bothered that they offered a Blue and Pink Mickey but not red???? Really! Why pink and blue??? Is it for boy/girl? There is another Mickey head in silver but I thought this one made a statement, especially with the other beads.
Thank you both so much! BTW, I'm really enjoying your dining report and am looking forward to the next installment. I've also started reading your trip report, and am enjoying it very much as well!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #49
SnwflkCts
I wanna go back ... when can I go back???

Enjoying the food reviews and the talk about beads!
DH, me, DCats: Maddie (12), Peanut Butter (12), Jelly Bean (7), Snowflake RIP 1/2010@19 yrs & Baby Button@2 yrs in 11/2011 - Feb 06 Poly; Nov 06 Poly (21st Wedding Ann.); Feb 09 Poly; Feb 10 Poly Second Dining Report 2/07/2010 thru 2/12/2010
SnwflkCts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #50
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

We have only dined at Backlot once and weren't impressed. They do seem to change the menu around a lot there though.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #51
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouselovenfamily View Post
I have the blue one and I think I'm getting the pink one soon. And it's funny because I have a red crystal one (for my birthstone) and I'm getting the matching blue one soon (hubby's birthstone.)

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #52
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

So sorry for the delay. I've had a lot going on but hope to be back on track.
Next up is:

You can see the entire menu here:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dinin...staurant.id=92

We were seated right away and had a cozy corner by the window so we could watch all the DTD people hurry around. I can't remember what every one got but here are the photos and descriptions:

Black Linguine with Florida Rock Shrimp - Garlic, tomatoes, asparagus - $24.95

Penne Bolognese - Slow cooked beef and pork meat sauce - $18.95

Gnocchi - Potato Dumplings with Nonna's Sunday perk ragu - $24.95

Ravioli Gigante - A house specialty. Hand crafted ricotta and spinach filled oversized pasta with tomato, basil and toasted garlic. - $19.95

And for desserts:

Cappuccino Gelato - chocolate coffee ice cream - $5.95

Chocolate Paradise - Rich chocolate layer cake with chocolate ganache and toffee crunch - $7.95

I don't remember what these two were but yummy!

And cappuccino e chocolate

Dinner was very good. The entire family would head there again. Clean, nice atmosphere and good food. We actually like it better than Fultons considering we only used one credit.

Dinner came to $157.40 for a daily total of $232.25 so far with no snack credits used
Old 08-29-2012, 03:49 AM   #53
jmm476
DIS Veteran

Just found your reviews, I like that you have places you don't see reviewed very often. And your pictures are great!
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #54
gardengirl628
I'm sorry I bit you....and pulled your hair....and punched you in the face.

Those desserts look amazing! I may have to switch a reservation!

Dana
WDW-offsite 1977, 1984; Dixie Landings November 1998; CSR June 2007; AKL November/December 2009; BWV/Western Magic/BLT February 2011; BCV July 2011; BLT/3 day Dream October 2012; HHI April 2013; BW August 2013
gardengirl628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #55
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Wow, Portobello looks amazing! Hmm ... I thought I was finished switching around my ADR's ...

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #56
mouselovenfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
Just found your reviews, I like that you have places you don't see reviewed very often. And your pictures are great!
Thanks so much. We try to always fit in new restaurants and with some DTD places opening this past trip to the dining plan, we hit mostly all new locations to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardengirl628 View Post
Those desserts look amazing! I may have to switch a reservation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1228 View Post
Wow, Portobello looks amazing! Hmm ... I thought I was finished switching around my ADR's ...
It was good but we were shocked it was not our favorite this trip...the best for us is yet to come!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: