Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #121
huahuamick
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if they would care if we brought a bucket of popcorn in with us? I love desserts, but I can get "sweeted out" if I don't have something salty to eat too. I was thinking I could get a bucket of popcorn before we get in line, then we could have that to eat along with the desserts.
huahuamick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #122
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagley
Does anyone know if they would care if we brought a bucket of popcorn in with us? I love desserts, but I can get "sweeted out" if I don't have something salty to eat too. I was thinking I could get a bucket of popcorn before we get in line, then we could have that to eat along with the desserts.

My reservation is at 8pm for 9pm fireworks, so if I get in line by 7:30, that should be fine, right?

Thanks for this thread! It is so helpful!
Could always ask when you call to make ADR?
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 07:16 AM   #123
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huahuamick
Same as I said above. I'd just ask.
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #124
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huahuamick
It would be no problem at all. I have seen people with meals and I always take a fountain drink with me. Come to think about we have had popcorn a couple of tomes with us and munched on it. Going again tomorrow night.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #125
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDork1969 View Post
Last July I attended one of the viewing parties...I tried to tip one of the servers/bussers...but he declined the tip and said it was not needed...oh well...!!!
Thank you for your thought!

I Made a Mistake

I just noticed that the thread on tipping at the Dessert party was locked. At the time i wrote my original post on the thought, i wasn't aware of the limited discussion of tipping on the boards. Please take this information said above as it is, and please allow for no more discussion on tipping on this thread... i'd like the thread to stay open... With much appreciation, Thanks!
Mark

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #126
Caseystigger

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huahuamick View Post
That's such a good idea!

Caseystigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #127
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran
Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan

Thank you SO much for this thread! I didn't know of this, but now my travel agent is working on getting my family reservations for our Thanksgiving trip. It will be the "something different" that we like to try every WDW trip. Not yet making ADR's for Thanksgiving, but soon! Hope we get in. Your photos are very helpful, too. Again, thanks for sharing!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:33 PM   #128
rapunzels
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellyn2000 View Post
Thank you SO much for this thread! I didn't know of this, but now my travel agent is working on getting my family reservations for our Thanksgiving trip. It will be the "something different" that we like to try every WDW trip. Not yet making ADR's for Thanksgiving, but soon! Hope we get in. Your photos are very helpful, too. Again, thanks for sharing!
While it's nice your TA is going to try to get ressies for you, I would suggest you try to get them also, pronto! Go look asap on the website. I would imagine any holiday week would be slammed for the dessert party, if not already gone. Don't wait on your TA!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #129
ireneryan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzels View Post
While it's nice your TA is going to try to get ressies for you, I would suggest you try to get them also, pronto! Go look asap on the website. I would imagine any holiday week would be slammed for the dessert party, if not already gone. Don't wait on your TA!!!
It can't already be gone, ADR's haven't opened yet for November.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #130
ellyn2000
DIS Veteran
Loves to go Pearl Diving in Japan

I'm sure you're right. I'll follow your advice and call myself just as insurance. My family would really like to do this! Thanks!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #131
MrOakie
So, I went out & bought my stir crazy!

We're going on Thursday, Sept 27th. Can't wait. Everything I've seen so far looks and sounds fantastic.

(ME) (Kim - DW) (Allie) (Mama) (Secret) (Lil Bit)

October 2013 - CBR & MNSSHP
8/06 - CBR / 11/09 AS Movies & MVMCP / 10/10 - All Star Movies & MNSSHP / 11/12 -Pop Century & MNSSHP

Make a new Best Friend- Adopt A Homeless Pet
MrOakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #132
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Everything looks so delicious....I can't wait until our trip in October Thank you for posting all this information and pictures.

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #133
croe321
Earning My Ears

This was something we had heard mixed reviews about, thanks for the detailed review. I definitely think its worth making reservations to get this experience... not to mention the desserts look delicious!
croe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:21 AM   #134
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014, SSR and AKV-Jambo September 2014
Hunclemarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #135
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Does everyone in your group have to come in at the same time? I'm going with my dad, my 21yr old nephew, and a friend of his. I can easily see the guys wanting to ride the rides a bit more, and me and my dad wanting to chill in the dessert area for longer.

Also, should I plan on leaving a tip?
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dessert party, magic kingdom, terrace, tomorrowland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: