Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #1
DLgeeks
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 42

getting to Saana

Anyone have an idea how long it will take us to get from Animal Kingdom Park over to Saana in the early evening for a 7:00 ADR? Is it walkable, or should we plan to take the resort bus over to Kidani village?
DLgeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:37 PM   #2
DaveyV
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 7

Definitely a bus ride
DaveyV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #3
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,930

You definitely have to take a bus and allow at least 30 minutes to get to AKL from AK. Kidani is the 2nd stop at AKL... don't get off at Jambo House.
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #4
sndral
DIS Veteran
 
sndral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
You definitely have to take a bus and allow at least 30 minutes to get to AKL from AK. Kidani is the 2nd stop at AKL... don't get off at Jambo House.
I thought for park buses dropping off Kidani (where Sanaa is) was the first stop - in any event, the bus driver will say "Kidani" when he stops.
If you inadvertently find yourself at Jambo rather than Kidani it's about a 10 minute walk between the two - or there's rumored to be a van that drives people between the two as well. Jambo is worth a stop on it's own just to see the beautiful lobby and the large gift shop is nice IMO.
There is no way to walk from AK to AKL that I know of - so a bus is a must. Lots of people go to AKL for dinner after AK, so the bus might be a tad crowded, but it's a really quick trip.
__________________
sndral is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #5
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust
 
Itinkso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: California
Posts: 7,930

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I thought for park buses dropping off Kidani (where Sanaa is) was the first stop - in any event, the bus driver will say "Kidani" when he stops. If you inadvertently find yourself at Jambo rather than Kidani it's about a 10 minute walk between the two - or there's rumored to be a van that drives people between the two as well. Jambo is worth a stop on it's own just to see the beautiful lobby and the large gift shop is nice IMO. There is no way to walk from AK to AKL that I know of - so a bus is a must. Lots of people go to AKL for dinner after AK, so the bus might be a tad crowded, but it's a really quick trip.
Thanks for clarifying. The last time we used the bus to and from DTD from AKL... probably is a different sequence of stops.
__________________
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM   #6
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!
 
cbg1027's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 4,947

There are no walking paths from AK to AKL. Taking the bus is the best way. Once you get on, it's only a 5 minute ride. The bus will stop at Kidani first, where Sanaa is. I would plan to be at the AK bus stop 30 minutes before your ADR.

There is a dedicated shuttle van that runs between Jambo and Kidani, or you can walk. Lobby door to lobby door is 10 minutes. The path is a sidewalk, but it's not a scenic walk. It's just the edge of the parking lots.
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM   #7
Disnut4925
Mouseketeer
 
Disnut4925's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 411

Definitely not walkable.
Disnut4925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:30 PM   #8
DLgeeks
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 42

Thanks for the info! The over-planner in me is trying to make sure I know how to navigate the system as much as possible ahead of time!
DLgeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:56 PM   #9
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itinkso View Post
Thanks for clarifying. The last time we used the bus to and from DTD from AKL... probably is a different sequence of stops.
It is. The AKL/park buses are also the internal Kidani-to-Jambo buses. The AKL/DtD buses double as the internal Jambo-to-Kidani buses.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.