Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

At that time of night I'm probably not going to do anything but get settled and go to bed so for my dime I'd rather get ME and sit back and relax knowing they know where to take me and I don't have to worry about a thing, maybe even take a nap! And save my money for buying mini donuts, turkey legs, and the sugared nuts!!! and maybe a Dole whip.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #17
dzorn
DIS Addict

OT but if he was flying in from London he would have to get his own bags for customs anyway wouldn't he reguardless of the time of day.

Denise in MI
Off Site, SSR 2014 (with the Marching Band), ASMu,AKV, BLT Aug/Sept 2012, AKV April 2012, BCV/AKV November 2011, BB April 2011, CBR,BCV,BWV Aug/Sept 2010, ASMu,VWL Nov 2009, CSR September 2009, AKV August 2009, CSR April 09 ,AKV/VWL/OKW Feb 09, TL April 08, DCL January 08, POR August 2007, POR May 2006, ASMo May 2005

dzorn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
Gnmack
Earning My Ears

Thanks again. I hadn't even considered my brother having to clear customs. I was more concerned with him finding the fastest route to the hotel since we have an early start scheduled for the next morning.

We are staying at the CR so I believe that it is one of the first drop offs on that partcular route. I'll pass on all the info to him and he can decide which he is most comfortable with.

Thanks
Gnmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #19
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnmack View Post
We are staying at the CR so I believe that it is one of the first drop offs on that partcular route. I'll pass on all the info to him and he can decide which he is most comfortable with.

Thanks
But there's no such thing as a pre-set order of drop-offs, and there's no such thing as a particular route. They group resorts together on a bus depending on who is going where at the same time. Sure, it makes sense that Grand Flordian, Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge would be grouped together with Contemporary, but if there aren't people going to those other resorts, then CR will be lumped in with some others. For example, when I just stayed at CR two months ago, we were the second stop after Port Orleans French Quarter. In other words, you absolutely can't count on a certain route or a certain order.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:26 AM   #20
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
But there's no such thing as a pre-set order of drop-offs, and there's no such thing as a particular route. They group resorts together on a bus depending on who is going where at the same time. Sure, it makes sense that Grand Flordian, Polynesian and Wilderness Lodge would be grouped together with Contemporary, but if there aren't people going to those other resorts, then CR will be lumped in with some others. For example, when I just stayed at CR two months ago, we were the second stop after Port Orleans French Quarter. In other words, you absolutely can't count on a certain route or a certain order.
Absolutely true...there is no 100% sure way to know which order you will be dropped off in.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #21
prattpak
DIS Dad #479
Big tiki add those of us that have given our names on here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
If your flight arrives after 10:00pm, you have to pickup your luggage in baggage claim, it's not an option to have it delivered. You then take it to the bus.
So if we arrive at 9:27pm we DON'T have to get our bags correct?
Member #479 DIS Dads
Me (Mark), DW (Wendy), DS (Christian), DD (Libby), DS (Robin) Sweet NEW logo
She deserves a cruise, right?
prattpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #22
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prattpak View Post
So if we arrive at 9:27pm we DON'T have to get our bags correct?
No, but it can take up to 3 (or is it 4?) hours for your bags to get to your room. So if you're OK without your stuff until after midnight, and also OK with someone coming to deliver your luggage to your room late at night, go for it.

I think if I had a flight landing after 7, I'd collect my own luggage. I'm always tired after traveling and wouldn't want to be waiting up for it. YMMV.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #23
Kevenswife2
Much easier for me to say, "NO!"
Hope I can squeeze it in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazeeK120 View Post
No, but it can take up to 3 (or is it 4?) hours for your bags to get to your room. So if you're OK without your stuff until after midnight, and also OK with someone coming to deliver your luggage to your room late at night, go for it.

I think if I had a flight landing after 7, I'd collect my own luggage. I'm always tired after traveling and wouldn't want to be waiting up for it. YMMV.
My recent (Dec 19) experience with DME, luggage, and late arrival. I found out DME WILL NOT deliver luggage to your room after midnight UNLESS you phone the luggage desk at your resort and tell them it's okay.

Our plane arrived late, and I arrived at the DME counter at MCO right at 10:00pm. I asked them if they would get my luggage or if I should go get it, and they said they would. We arrive at POP resort with a carry-on packed with enough supplies to get us through one night and day, but I really wanted my other things.

Anyway, by 1:00am I was wondering what was taking so long. It was late night and DME at MCO had been DEAD when we were there. I hit the LUGGAGE button on my resort phone and they said they would not deliver any luggage after midnight unless the customer requested it...and that a cage of luggage had JUST arrived and they would look for my one suitcase.

Around 2am I got a call that they had my suitcase and would be delivering it, if I still wanted them to. If I had to do it all over I would just grab it off the luggage carossel and lug it myself.

Point of story...if it's after midnight and you don't have your luggage, give the luggage desk a call...it may be there but they aren't allowed to deliver it without your okay.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #24
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevenswife2 View Post
My recent (Dec 19) experience with DME, luggage, and late arrival. I found out DME WILL NOT deliver luggage to your room after midnight UNLESS you phone the luggage desk at your resort and tell them it's okay.
I see in your signature that you stayed at the Pop. Value resorts stop delivering luggage at midnight. All other resorts will deliver 24/7. There is a difference between the luggage service at the value resorts and the luggage service at the other resorts. I guess you can say you get a little less service to go along with your smaller price at the values.

And if you don't want your luggage delivered after a certain time, just tell the front desk you want it held. And put the Privacy Please card in your door. They will hold your luggage until you call down for it.
maxiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #25
Princess Sleepy
DIS Veteran

If we want to have them pull the luggage and deliver it the next day, will they? We arrive at 11:50 pm, and we can certainly keep everything we need for 1 day in our carry ons. I would rather have them pull it and deliver it to the room while we are out enjoying the park the next day. Also, since I had to give them flight times when I arranged for ME, wouldn't they have not sent tags if they won't use them at my arrival time?

Feb 2009: Poly Jan 2010: Pop
June 2010: CBR October 2011: The Dream
November 2011: POR May 2012: AKV- Kidani
February 2013: POR May 2013: CBR December 2013: The Fantasy
Princess Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magical express

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: