Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #256
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,919

Love the pics of Paxton at hte playground! He's having a blast! And I laughed out loud at the diaper findings! Hilarious!

Love the library pic! On our second floor (we have a colonial) we have a "bedroom" that is also the walk-through room to get to the stairs to the attic. So we turned it into a library as one of our very first projects. It's already full of books though so IDK where to put the rest that keep piling up!

Hilarious about the key drama, I'm SO glad you were able to get it all figured out! Too funny, glad you can laugh about it now. AND that you cna use htat groupon too. Must have been annoying at the time though!

Thanks for the wrap up! Glad you had such a great time!
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #257
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
Sorry you guys had so much trouble with keys, but I'm glad that everything worked out and you, Dh, Paxton and the cat all made it home in one piece!

looking forward to reading about your next adventures
Me too! That was super stressful at the time, so hopefully it will keep me from making the same boneheaded mistakes on future trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I know you've finished writing, but I just wanted to pop in and say I found your TR this am and I'm really enjoying seeing your take on DLR from an East Coast WDW veteran! Paxton is so cute! I'll be back to read later - we are DLR veterans, so sometimes we don't take in all the details - we have a commando system that works for us, or maybe it doesn't. Thanks for the pics of the popcorn turners and the weathervanes - something I haven't noticed - except I think I've seen one of the popcorn turners and was grossed out that they stuck a toy in the cart!
Thanks so much for the comments! I really really enjoyed my first trip to DL, and I'm definitely excited about visiting again in a couple of weeks. I'm officially hooked!

I was a little disturbed by the popcorn turners when DH was explaining them until I actually saw them and realized they were just for show and not ACTUALLY doing anything to the popcorn people buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Love the pics of Paxton at hte playground! He's having a blast! And I laughed out loud at the diaper findings! Hilarious!

Love the library pic! On our second floor (we have a colonial) we have a "bedroom" that is also the walk-through room to get to the stairs to the attic. So we turned it into a library as one of our very first projects. It's already full of books though so IDK where to put the rest that keep piling up!

Hilarious about the key drama, I'm SO glad you were able to get it all figured out! Too funny, glad you can laugh about it now. AND that you cna use htat groupon too. Must have been annoying at the time though!

Thanks for the wrap up! Glad you had such a great time!
He LOVES to play outside, and he has really not had the opportunity to do a lot of that this summer because it is so dang HOT! It was nice to be away from the heat and humidity so we could all enjoy playing outside for a change.

I was dying laughing when I opened his diaper and the rocks fell out. Poor kid, I don't know how he sat through lunch in a highchair with those in there!!

That's so awesome that y'all have a library. I LOVE curling up in a comfy chair/sofa and reading for hours on end. Unfortunately I don't have much time to do that now that DS is around. So I guess by the time we build, our kids will be older so maybe I will have more time for pleasure reading. Theirs is in the front of the house so it has a huge window and gets all the early morning sunlight. Such a great little room!

I was SO annoyed about the groupon! I felt bad about it afterwards, but I sent my mom a text with something along the lines of "Dad parked the car in the wrong place and it cost us almost $30 to get it out." Then I felt like a jerk because even though they messed up, they did take the time to go park it there in the first place and figure out how we were going to get our car key so as soon as they came home from the cruise I apologized. At least we will still be able to use the coupon since we are leaving our car at the airport over the weekend instead of trying to bum rides off of people!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #258
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,919

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
He LOVES to play outside, and he has really not had the opportunity to do a lot of that this summer because it is so dang HOT! It was nice to be away from the heat and humidity so we could all enjoy playing outside for a change.

I was dying laughing when I opened his diaper and the rocks fell out. Poor kid, I don't know how he sat through lunch in a highchair with those in there!!

That's so awesome that y'all have a library. I LOVE curling up in a comfy chair/sofa and reading for hours on end. Unfortunately I don't have much time to do that now that DS is around. So I guess by the time we build, our kids will be older so maybe I will have more time for pleasure reading. Theirs is in the front of the house so it has a huge window and gets all the early morning sunlight. Such a great little room!

I was SO annoyed about the groupon! I felt bad about it afterwards, but I sent my mom a text with something along the lines of "Dad parked the car in the wrong place and it cost us almost $30 to get it out." Then I felt like a jerk because even though they messed up, they did take the time to go park it there in the first place and figure out how we were going to get our car key so as soon as they came home from the cruise I apologized. At least we will still be able to use the coupon since we are leaving our car at the airport over the weekend instead of trying to bum rides off of people!
That sounds like something I would do - and then feel super guilty about it afterwards too. I'm surprised it was only $30 more LOL. In Boston parking rates can vary between $11-20/day. For our 11 day trip coming up it's going to be huge. Trying to get someone to bring us and pick us up...

I failed to mention that our library has turned into our cat litter box room (used to be in the bathroom that is now Aria's) and I NEVER have time to curl up with a book, either.

And no, I have NO IDEA how Paxton sat through lunch without being upset, with all that in his diaper! LOL!
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #259
Escape2Disney
Friendly Neighborhood Disney Fanatic!
 
Escape2Disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern Oregon
Posts: 1,549

Thank you so much for sharing your trip report! It was fun to read! I'm glad you all made it home safely.
__________________
Escape2Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #260
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape2Disney View Post
Thank you so much for sharing your trip report! It was fun to read! I'm glad you all made it home safely.
Thanks for commenting! I really enjoyed reliving my first DL experience through a TR, so I'm glad you also enjoyed reading it.
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #261
Jenasweetemotion
♥ Disney Lover ♥
 
Jenasweetemotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern California
Posts: 411

Just finished reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing, you have a beautiful family and you DS is supper adorable. I am now staring on your other TR.
__________________
Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust!

Jenasweetemotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:06 PM   #262
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!
 
khertz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 5,224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenasweetemotion View Post
Just finished reading your trip report. Thanks for sharing, you have a beautiful family and you DS is supper adorable. I am now staring on your other TR.
Aw, thank you so much!!
__________________
Me DH DS (3)
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:26 AM   #263
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,919

I just went through and read the TR all over again!! So neat to see Paxton as a 19-month old!! I can't wait for Aria to experience DL in just 3 months so it was so nice to re-read to see the toddler portions of DL and DCA that will be great for her.
__________________
Imagineer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: