Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
pjew
Mouseketeer

2013 Thanksgiving & Pop Warner week - back to back?!

I know this may be a lil to early to start stressing about but i love to plan ahead and im sure as well as everyone here on the boards do

so im looking at Nov. 2013 for our next Disney trip. well, while looking at next years calendar i noticed that Thanksgiving falls the last week of November. And i thought that pop warner always falls the first week of December. That means it will be back to back next year....will it be a good day to go that week (week of pop warner which is also the week after thanksgiving)?

I wanted to do Nov. 29-Dec.8, 2013 but now it seems that it will be terribly busy due to pop warner....or do you think pop warner will be moved to the following week (second week of dec)?

i know i probably can't book room only till july but i am trying to get dates set in stone so i can let the other family members know.

or maybe i should just reserve the week before thanksgiving
nov. 15-24, 2013.

SO CONFUSED

HELP!!!
Nov. 15- Nov.25, 2013 [/FONT]
pjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

We are going November 14TH-24TH, 2013. I really was not bothered by Pop Warner when we were there with them, but there are not discounts offered that week (usually) if that is important to you. The best thing about our dates is we miss both Veterans Day and Thanksgiving. Think crowd wise will be nice. Really hoping we get a discount too. Only time will tell.
disneyfantotheend is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

If you are looking for discounts, you still have a shot. We're going the exact dates you have listed this year.

I was just on a thread where someone got an email pin code for free dining (which is what my family has been waiting for). Free dining is being offered during November including around Thanksgiving and after. Usually it's offered up until the day before Pop Warner starts and will pick up after it ends.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #4
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Pop Warner usually arrives the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend. So it will be likely be December 7-13. They don't make the parks crowded very much, just the value & moderate resorts they stay at (typically All Star & POR or CBR).
Old 05-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
pjew
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. Next year Thanksgiving is gonna make things a little different as to when the slow weeks will be. I guess i might just do the week before thanksgiving hoping all xmas decorations are up and holiday stuff are in full swing. Darn, or i might just leave the day after Thanksgiving hoping it's not pop warner week and a slow week!?!?

omg, i am still totally confused
Old 05-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjew View Post
Thanks everyone. Next year Thanksgiving is gonna make things a little different as to when the slow weeks will be. I guess i might just do the week before thanksgiving hoping all xmas decorations are up and holiday stuff are in full swing. Darn, or i might just leave the day after Thanksgiving hoping it's not pop warner week and a slow week!?!?

omg, i am still totally confused
I would go the week after Thanksgiving. The Candlelight Processional doesn't start until the day after Thanksgiving and that's a highlight for me.

It's doubtful Pop Warner will arrive that weekend. They typically have their regional championships that weekend and it's not a good weekend to travel plus Disney doesn't want them taking up hotel rooms on a holiday weekend.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
mkymouse40
Mouseketeer

We were there last year during Pop Warner week and stayed at the All Star Movies. It was not a problem at all. We are in the food court in the morning and late at night and those kids were fine. We rarely saw any and only encountered groups on one evening in the parks. Don't let this be a deciding factor in your trip or where you stay. Disney doesn't usually put the kids in the Movies Resort, mostly the Sports and Music as over flow. We've found more crowds during band competitions and with tour groups during other parts of the year.

Nancy

mkymouse40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:46 PM   #8
pjew
Mouseketeer

From reading other post it looks like POP Warner will be the following week after Thanksgiving in 2013 - starting Dec. 7th (not the typical first week of Dec.)

I wonder if thats gonna be the weekend of the Christmas Day taping?

Correct me if i'm wrong?

I know i know my vacation is not until 18months from now but i'm in planning mode now Plus with Thanksgiving being at the end of November it's making things difficult for me
Old 06-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #9
mggeary
Mouseketeer

Pjew

Could you do me the favor of providing links to other posts or sites that suggest Pop Warner week in 2013 will be moved to the 2nd week of Dec? This would affect our planning. Thanks in advance.
mggeary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #10
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mggeary View Post
Could you do me the favor of providing links to other posts or sites that suggest Pop Warner week in 2013 will be moved to the 2nd week of Dec? This would affect our planning. Thanks in advance.
They are not going to have them arrive the Saturday after Thanksgiving, the hotels are already crowded that weekend plus that's a rough weekend to travel. They always arrive the following Saturday. I checked their website, they still have 2011.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Suellen
DIS Veteran

It is my understanding that Pop Warner is the first FULL week in December. That would be December 1st.

unless they start their week on a day other then Sunday.

Yeah.... looks like they consider it Saturday to Saturday which would put it the following week December 7th.
Suellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Is it something that maybe someone could e-mail the pop warner people and see if they would say?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
pjew
Mouseketeer

Been doing lots of research to see what i can find out about POP Warner & Thanksgiving 2013.

This is what i found:
In 2008, Thanksgiving was the last week of November also, November 27th.
The dates are similar to 2013 Thanksgiving date Nov. 28.

Doing some research on Pop Warner's website i went through there archives:
Pop Warner is usually the first week of Dec. but in 2008 Pop Warner was pushed back a week - Dec. 6-13, 2008.

Sooo it looks to me that Pop Warner will also be pushed back next year, 2013.
Due to the conflicting dates of Thanksgiving Week.

I think it's safe to say and plan for our DisneyWorld trip for 2013.
I am sticking to my check in date of Nov. 29. I just wish we're lucky enough to get Free Dining that week also.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #14
curlycue241
Earning My Ears

I'm planning on going 11/29/13 as well and staying for 10 days, I'm hoping there's a discount but they usually tape the Christmas Day parade the first weekend in December which I think would impact discounts
curlycue241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:11 PM   #15
pjew
Mouseketeer

i would think they would also move back the taping to the following weekend.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: