Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2012, 09:05 AM   #511
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Good morning everyone! Sing along with me-

"The best part of wakin up, is bacon in your cup!"

I've had that stuck in my head for 3 days- so, good luck with that, Kara!

We started our dinner at Enchanted Garden with some rolls-Multi-grain Loaf and Country Current Bread with Chickpea-Garlic Purée

YIKES!!! Sorry about the overexposure! I love this picture of Cammie-

So then Kara had-North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli With Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil in a light Tomato Broth

I chose Ahi Tuna and Avocado Tower With Crispy Noodles and Wasabi Dressing and it was fabulous!

Joan had Thyme and Garlic Brioche Filled with Chanterelle, Hedgehog and Black Trumpet Mushrooms and Leek Stew in a light Buttermilk Cream

Did Cammie have it too? Between courses, Kara explained the snoring situation in the cabin-

Click to play-

And then we learned about the south...and NJ....

click to play-

For entrees, I had Pan-seared Sea Bass With Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a Sweet Chili Glaze

I think Cammie (and maybe someone else?) had Grilled NY Strip Steak Thyme Roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato topped with handmade Herb Butter.

Is that right? It doesn't look grilled to me- it looks more like prime rib or roast- anyway, we all shared Caramelized Sea Scallops With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction

It was in the center of the table. I really enjoyed my fish, but I wasn't that crazy about the scallops. For dessert, I think this was Steamed Lemon Buttermilk Pudding With Citrus Reduction

And this was Sweet Temptations A trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse

There was also Banana Foster Sundae Rum-glazed Bananas, Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, and Caramel Sauce

And of course, the chef came out to meet us, because he wanted to see the 4 women who snarfed down all this food for himself! Which was followed by.....oh, crap. It's hat time.

Oh. My. Dear. Lord.

Last edited by podsnel; 09-19-2012 at 01:23 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:20 AM   #512
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure I ever mentioned that about Michael before. I've asked questions about special needs kids on cruises, but I think I did that on the main boards, and never on a cruise specific board. Mostly, he's good. It's just major changes that throw him for a loop. He's regressing a bit this week (clinging to his stuffed toy Linney even more than usual, etc.). He'll be o.k. though. He always surprises me that way.
Transitions are sooo hard. I always get such insight into Sean from kids like yours who can verbalize what they're feeling. My friend, Jane's, son, Greg is like that- I have learned sooo much about Sean from him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Bacon in a cup just doesn't sound like my martini of choice. I'm glad "your" bartender returned and fixed everything for you!

Ellen, I'm excited for you to take your trip with Timmy! Those moments don't happen much as they grow up.

Kara, put on some mittens. I am so sorry you are going through this. I know you asked for remedies, and I don't have any idea.
I am really looking forward to the trip with tim- HORRIBLE guilt about the other two, tho- not that they're complaining, it's just all in my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
No, Pauldo is not married to Alenka.... our server from Palo is married to Alenka. Silly Peas......
Thanks Carrots! I am silly! But I still like Pauldo- he was so sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I know, I know, I like lots of drinks. But this was supposed to be like a Lemon Drop and it had no lemon flavor at all. That's all I'm sayin. It was just nasty. Thank god for the glass of Pinot Grigio I got. And that bar is just so beautiful. You really need to try it on your next cruise.
Did it taste like paint thinner? I have had them like that- YUCK!

I will definitely check out Meridian this spring! Thanks!
[/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
i guess I would have a different idea of bacon in a cup.... but that's another story. I'm so glad that Kara found her girl crush. From the photos she seems wonderful.

Yup Kara needs mittens or she will be skinless from scratching...get well soon

Glad that you and Timmy have a trip planned. I really want to do that with each of my girls. BUmmer on Sean's school. Happy to hear it is making progress. Big hugs for the court date--I know it is just a techinicality but still ugh for court.
Loving the updates!
Alex was awesome- we all adored her- she was an INCREDIBLE CM!!

And thanks for the hugs- court was fine, Sean is all ours again. The court appointed attorney (who comes to the house to evaluate everything and report back to the court) said the nicest things to me- she said she was in awe of me and how calmly I dealt with our son. It was really sweet! Now all we need to do is get approved by Social Security- for now, anyway, that's it!

And school is going well! He seems fine!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #513
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post

Thanks! Now that is going to be stuck in my head for the next three days.

I am SO glad I can't see your food pictures right now because I am already starving. All I can say is dinner SOUNDS delish! Except for the bacon in a cup.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #514
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
I love staying at VWL, actually I love staying at all the different resorts. But what I really like about staying at VWL is renting bikes and cruising around the camp grounds. Last time we did that I came back early to do laundry or something and Rob and Sarah almost ran into a couple of teenage deer with their bikes. I do not know who was more shocked, the deer or the humans. Rob said it happened so quickly he did not even have time to snap a shot (and he is like you with his camera, it is always attached to his body).

A personal medical update on me, I went back in for surgery on my hand yesterday and the doc removed the hardware he put in when I crushed the finger bone. The bone healed nicely (but a bit crooked now) but one the screws was poking into a tendon which was creating issues. All is good now.

kate
Happy Belated Birthday, Kate! I'm glad to hear good things about VWL, I'm like you, haven't met a DVC I didn't like! This one kind of baffles me, though- I keep thinking it's AKL without the animals....funny you mentioned the bike ride, I already had that pegged as something we would be doing- Tim & I both love riding bikes!

And I am so glad the surgery is behind you and all is good- I bet that is a huge relief!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
I'm glad your surgery went well, Kate! I have a question- how did he know they were teenage deer? Did they dye the top of their hair pink and were they walking and texting?
They were wearing earbuds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Kara try some Benadryl,that stops the itching if very bad. I know from experience!

Right now living large at AKL, loving every minute except for being stuck on SM & walking down the mountain! Not as bad as you would think!
I dunno- I'm STILL thinkin that would be pretty bad no matter how much you reassure us! YIKES!!![/COLOR]

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
Yep, pink hair and Ipods/Iphones. I really do not know how he knew, I assume they no longer had their fawn spots but were still small. That is a good question.

Another side note, I had to kick a student out of my class this week for disruptive behavior and foul language. Scary for me and the other students; he left yelling, well, I cannot write it here but it ended in "you" as he walked out of the door. I filed a report and he is no longer on my classlist so hopefully he will not be back. I love my job but sometimes I just want to stay home and hide. On a happy note, the other 34 students in this class are awesome. And I have the next four days to stay home and destress (medical leave and the weekend). Bring on the wine.
That's pretty scary. I hope the wine helped this past weekend-
Old 09-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #515
Lauralooneyfordisney
DIS Veteran

Love your trip reports. I saw someone had a ticker for a DisMom meet in May 2013 Land & Sea? When is that? Just wondering if you will be on our Fantasy cruise so I can watch for you guys.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #516
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

You are NOT allowed to bring your video camera next year!!!!! I can't remember you filming any of these so far!!!! I mean, "I can't remember Y'ALL filming!" That's singular.

No Bacon in a Cup!!!!! Darn you Peas!!!!! I'm singing and you KNEW I would be!!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #517
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralooneyfordisney View Post
Love your trip reports. I saw someone had a ticker for a DisMom meet in May 2013 Land & Sea? When is that? Just wondering if you will be on our Fantasy cruise so I can watch for you guys.
Nope. We're doing another 4 night Dream cruise. I think it's May 5?

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #518
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Transitions are sooo hard. I always get such insight into Sean from kids like yours who can verbalize what they're feeling. My friend, Jane's, son, Greg is like that- I have learned sooo much about Sean from him!
He won't come right out and tell me why he's upset, but his behavior and the things he does say make it pretty obvious. His OCD kicks into high gear (obsession with the number 10, school buses and Linney) and he needs to listen to music more than usual to block out other things. He also tends to chatter incessantly in a very circular way and everything needs to be done NOW.

He was better today than last week. He still won't talk about school though, except to tell me what he ate for lunch!

Edited to add: I just booked a vacation to Vegas for me and Mike second week of October for our 16th wedding anniversary! Hotel was crazy cheap and JetBlue had a sale today. Yay!
JKSWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #519
WannaBeADisMom
WDW...it's my "happy place"....

Quote:

Thanks for that, Ellen. Really.

DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!!;DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits....5/13-5/17/11;
DISmoms 4-The Hunt for Jack Sparrow--Our most recent shenanigans!

WannaBeADisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #520
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

I sometimes speak in Kara talk. I lived in GA for 5yrs as a kid, so my yall , mama, sir, come back now ya hear, starts flowing after a few drinks or if im around anyone with an accent. But it sometimes is over powered by the WHATEVER DUDES lol

hmm bacon in a cup... why does that kauluha, and maple syrup sound delish? LOL kidding!
Old 09-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #521
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
I sometimes speak in Kara talk. I lived in GA for 5yrs as a kid, so my yall , mama, sir, come back now ya hear, starts flowing after a few drinks or if im around anyone with an accent. But it sometimes is over powered by the WHATEVER DUDES lol

hmm bacon in a cup... why does that kauluha, and maple syrup sound delish? LOL kidding!
Oh, "bless yer heart...." I'll have you y'allin with me in no time!!!!

Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #522
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Ellen does have a way of capturing those awesome moments...like sven and ole. I'm laughing pretty good this morning. I want May to be here now...kind of so I can hang out with you guys again.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #523
karajeboo

As promised....

Napkin Hat time!!!

"You are doing WHAT to my head?"

"Oh well will ya look at that... I'm a napkin hat hottie!"

"No way chickie! I'm Princess Leia!"

"Will somebody stop the voices!!!!"

Am I the only one who notices that Ellen is the ONLY one in the restaurant wearing ANYTHING on her head? Hmmmm?????

Well, except for Roland, but I never did understand a darn thing he said all cruise!

I rest my case....

Now, time to get me away from the Napkin Hat Dance, and back to my girl crush Alex "Ees not mojito bar, ees martini bar" in Skyline. A nice little after dinner cocktail....

"Gee Kara, you're right... this is waaaay better than the Princess Leia look."

Don't worry Peas, I'll have your back.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #524
podsnel

Geez...I feel soo pretty! And I remember! I got GREAT reception on my earphones that night too!

All I can say is...i felt VERY special that I was chosen to be crowned with honorary mouse ears. And my Joanie looked GORGEOUS with her bow!

I had the BEST time that night, and I would wear the hat again!! I am PRO hats, in case anyone is keeping tally.

well...that's a little obvious...HUH?

Up next- it's the second star to the right??????

Last edited by podsnel; 09-25-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #525
podsnel

So after hat time was done, we all went down to Evolution to see Match your Mate

Even with out my DH by my side, it was still very entertaining! We also went to visit our girl, Alex, in Skyline-

And then Joanie and I went on a tour of the outside decks because we wanted to see how beautiful it was at night-

The movie playing was Remember the Titans- we just showed it at our middle school for a family movie night. It is a GREAT movie, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend you do!

Doesn't this remind you of McDonald's??

Back in the cabin, Kara and Cammie were already in bed- we had a new system- snorers on the other side of the curtain. So Cammie and I were in the bed, Kara & Joan were in the bunks. We had another cute little friend in the cabin, too.

Kara was staying in the top bunk, but wow! She was pretty afraid up there!

click to play-

Well, I guess Joanie was able to calm Kara down, or help her find her second star to the right for sure, because soon we were all asleep. Tomorrow, Palo Brunch on our day at sea!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: