Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #451
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Our first stop was Senor Frogs gift shop to grab some tees for the boys back home....

Ellen high foured him.....

We figured since we were here, might as well grab a drink. But as you now know, it was election day and they elected NOT to open up so we could have a drink!!! What up with that????

So we literally said, "Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt."

Not much else to do so we started heading back to the ship.....

Yeah, we're on the BIG one!!!

Yes, Ellen, we know you're on the BIG one, too!!!

When we got back on board, we grabbed some sandwiches, wraps, etc, for lunch and grabbed some seats right next to the pool bar in the Quiet Cove area......

Very yummy and fresh! I was also shocked that with all the quick serve places together that it was not more crowded! On the Magic, you have three separate quick serve areas, Pluto's Dog House for burgers, Pinocchio's for pizza and Goofy's Galley for sandwiches and fruit. So to see Flo's serving everything shocked me, but there are actually separate serving areas, so it's very efficient.

My cup from home, with a little sumpin sumpin poured from the room, topped off with diet coke from the soda fountain....

It was at this time that I saw him for the first time. Never before have I actually seen him. I've only heard about him. I'm sure you've heard of him, too.

Waldo.

I know where he is now.

Except his name was Paul. So he became... wait for it.....

Pauldo.

For the rest of the trip. And yes, there will be photos.

We grabbed drinks from the bar at the Quiet Cove Pool and I commented that the bartender looked like Waldo, minus the red/white striped sweater. We all chuckled, and little did we know, that PAULDO would be a big part of our cruise!!!!

Before long we all headed back to the cabin to get ready for the night. Tonight's show was Villain's Tonight and Ellen and I encouraged Cammie and Joan to see this show, but we stayed behind to get ready, since we'd already seen this on the Magic. Good show, worth seeing, but not our favorite. But really, even a "bad" show on a Disney cruise is better than most found other places!!!!

Up next, Pauldo is back.......

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #452
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Wow did I miss a bunch! Been busy, and this TR takes off! Love all the pics of the ships together.

Ellen - Aloha (late)! Can't wait to see the TR from this!

I agree about the pools - with so many kids on the ships it just doesn't make sense. Thank god DS loved being in the club so much, we could hit the adult pool instead!
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #453
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Bummer - a shore excursion that wasn't. At least you got some fun pics! I love seeing those two sister ships next to each other! Nice deck tour, BTW
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #454
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Random Question

How were the crowds on the ship? Did you ever feel overwhelmed or not taken care of because of all the extra people?

My mother and I are HUGE Disney Cruise fans *going to Hawaii in 53 days!!! * but I have anxiety issues with large crowds so we've been hesitant on not doing the Fantasy or Dream because of that.

Did you guys ever feel like there were just to many people?

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #455
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
How were the crowds on the ship? Did you ever feel overwhelmed or not taken care of because of all the extra people?

My mother and I are HUGE Disney Cruise fans *going to Hawaii in 53 days!!! * but I have anxiety issues with large crowds so we've been hesitant on not doing the Fantasy or Dream because of that.

Did you guys ever feel like there were just to many people?
I had the same fear before we went and honestly, I never felt it was crowded. The only time was the 666 pool area. It's just chaos in that area, but we avoided it and it was fine. The Quiet Cove Pool also got crowded, it's designed really weird, compared to the Magic, but the adult deck areas were never crowded at all. Honestly, it seemed like we had that forward deck to ourselves. The dining rooms are larger, but it didn't feel any more crowded than the dining rooms on the Magic. I was pleasantly surprised.

AND we usually had the lounges to ourselves too! I'm thinking the longer cruises will allow adults more time to escape, but we literally had Pink, Skyline, and Evolution to ourselves several times......

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #456
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
I had the same fear before we went and honestly, I never felt it was crowded. The only time was the 666 pool area. It's just chaos in that area, but we avoided it and it was fine. The Quiet Cove Pool also got crowded, it's designed really weird, compared to the Magic, but the adult deck areas were never crowded at all. Honestly, it seemed like we had that forward deck to ourselves. The dining rooms are larger, but it didn't feel any more crowded than the dining rooms on the Magic. I was pleasantly surprised.

AND we usually had the lounges to ourselves too! I'm thinking the longer cruises will allow adults more time to escape, but we literally had Pink, Skyline, and Evolution to ourselves several times......
Oh good! Thank you! Thats what I was hoping for. Is it really called the 666 pool area?

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:02 AM   #457
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleGirlGrey View Post
Oh good! Thank you! Thats what I was hoping for. Is it really called the 666 pool area?
No, but it should be!

Old 08-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #458
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Having 2 boys in different ages I can see why theydid the 666pools close, when we were on the magic P wanted to be in the big pool and J wanted to do mickeys and the slide. So having them closer I can understand. But it would have been nicer to see them spready out more (guess not really able to do with the dynamics of the ship LOL)

Good idea to bring a cup from home!!! *note to self*
Old 08-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #459
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Have to keep up ready for Our Cruise next year!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:52 AM   #460
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
WOOHOOO!!!! Just booked 4 nights on the Dream March 24th for Timmy & I- our last Spring break! It could change, but for now.....WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have Kara's girl crush all to myself! LOL!! I tried to get Timmy to do a 7 night cruise out of Bayonne on the Explorer again- but he wouldn't go back on that ship without other people- he said he would be bored. But on DCL? No problem!
Just ran across your trip report and trying to read all 30 pages tonight! As I was reading about all the fun you girls had, I kept thinking how awesome it would be to cruise with y'all. Then I came to this post and got so excited! I will be on this cruise as well! Hope to run into you...I know where to look...Pink!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 04:24 AM   #461
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Bette View Post
Just ran across your trip report and trying to read all 30 pages tonight! As I was reading about all the fun you girls had, I kept thinking how awesome it would be to cruise with y'all. Then I came to this post and got so excited! I will be on this cruise as well! Hope to run into you...I know where to look...Pink!
I am sooo psyched!!! I'll have someone to be pink with!!!

Although....Timmy did dance with me at the Starlit Hui tonight...

We are LOVING Hawaii (BIG surprise!!!)- here are only a few pics from the beginning of our trip on Kauai- which, is ABSOLUTELY one of God's greatest gifts to man-

And that was just the first day......

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #462
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great update Kara!
Lovin your ship tour. I often like to roam by myself and take pictures too.
How "warm" was the water in the 666 pool area?

Ellen, you got some fabulous photos!!!! I can't wait to see more. I do hop you write a TR about that trip too.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 AM   #463
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Ellen those pix look amazing !! Hawaii is on the list of Free Trips mmmmm!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #464
princess aleya
DIS Veteran

Wow Ellen, such great pictures!!!

princess aleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #465
Princess Bette
DIS Veteran

Loving your pictures Ellen! Just booked our airfare and a room at the Hyatt MCO for the March cruise!

March 24-28, 2013 Disney Dream Spring Break Cruise with MaMaw
Nov 30-Dec 8, 2012 Fort Wilderness at WDW
July 5-10, 2011 Disney Dream 5 Night Double Dip Bahama's Cruise
March 21-24, 2010 Disney Wonder 4 Night Spring Break Bahama's Cruise
Princess Bette is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: