Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #421
JKSWonder
Twelve plus trips and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
WOOHOOO!!!! Just booked 4 nights on the Dream March 24th for Timmy & I- our last Spring break! It could change, but for now.....WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have Kara's girl crush all to myself! LOL!! I tried to get Timmy to do a 7 night cruise out of Bayonne on the Explorer again- but he wouldn't go back on that ship without other people- he said he would be bored. But on DCL? No problem!
How great!

I would love to do a Mommy/Allison only trip someday. Right now, my son is still too young to understand such a thing, but I'm hoping, in a few more years, we will be good to go.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #422
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Weird that the bar was closed at Senor Frogs when you were there? Did you ever find out why? What day of the week was it? There's not that much in Nassau anyway, so it's good you went back to the ship, that's what I would do there, I have been to Nassau a couple times.

Awesome you have a cruise booked for just you and your son! Sounds like fun!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #423
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Great updates Ellen.

Love to get those panini's like you had for lunch. They are so yummy.

What a weird experience in Nassau. Can't believe Sr. Frogs wasn't open. I figured they were always open. Especially with ships in port. Would think that would be a lot of lost income for them.

And yay for the March trip. We will be on the Dream just before you. We are sailing March 17-21. We love to cruise. I think it is my most favorite way to vacation anymore.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #424
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Congrats on the new cruise booking

Can I use your Magic and Dream picture..the one of both from the front? I think I want to post that in my PTR since I am sailing both of those ships this year!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #425
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Is Flo's cafe included in the Free food ??? I am assuming this was Nassau you stopped at and was closed !! Have you heard the expression "Mad Dogs and Englishmen lay out in the Noon Day Sun"
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #426
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOOHOOO!!!! Just booked 4 nights on the Dream March 24th for Timmy & I- our last Spring break! It could change, but for now.....WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! I'm gonna have Kara's girl crush all to myself! LOL!! I tried to get Timmy to do a 7 night cruise out of Bayonne on the Explorer again- but he wouldn't go back on that ship without other people- he said he would be bored. But on DCL? No problem!
You need to change to April 13th on the Wonder and bring my future son-in-law Tyler.

kid-at-heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #427
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

Awesome that you are going to do a cruise with just Timmy. I'm guessing Tyler has baseball. How many hours are you going to gain on Friday? I wanna stow away and go with you. I hate this post vacation blues thing. But hey only 200 some odd days until the Dis moms ride again.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #428
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSWonder View Post
How great!

I would love to do a Mommy/Allison only trip someday. Right now, my son is still too young to understand such a thing, but I'm hoping, in a few more years, we will be good to go.
I am just sad about Tyler- I wish he could come with us, he LOVES the Disney cruises- but he's playing baseball in HS now, so no more Spring Break for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Weird that the bar was closed at Senor Frogs when you were there? Did you ever find out why? What day of the week was it? There's not that much in Nassau anyway, so it's good you went back to the ship, that's what I would do there, I have been to Nassau a couple times.

Awesome you have a cruise booked for just you and your son! Sounds like fun!
I just googled May 7th in the Bahamas- it turns out we were visiting on election day! So now we know!!

Thanks- it will be fun to go with Tim. He has already promised to wave at the Fish Lips camera with me during Sailaway, and to have dinner with me every night! He was so cute when I told him I booked it- he is trying to be such a cool 13 year old- but that great big Timmy smile keeps sneaking out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Great updates Ellen.

Love to get those panini's like you had for lunch. They are so yummy.

What a weird experience in Nassau. Can't believe Sr. Frogs wasn't open. I figured they were always open. Especially with ships in port. Would think that would be a lot of lost income for them.

And yay for the March trip. We will be on the Dream just before you. We are sailing March 17-21. We love to cruise. I think it is my most favorite way to vacation anymore.
I love ALL the sammies- on RCI, too! Little sammies are the BEST!

And yea- cruising is my favorite, too. Although I'm sure a trip to Hawaii won't be too much worse, LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Congrats on the new cruise booking

Can I use your Magic and Dream picture..the one of both from the front? I think I want to post that in my PTR since I am sailing both of those ships this year!
Thanks and of course! What a lovely compliment! Post away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Is Flo's cafe included in the Free food ??? I am assuming this was Nassau you stopped at and was closed !! Have you heard the expression "Mad Dogs and Englishmen lay out in the Noon Day Sun"
That food is all included in the cruise- the only extra food is in Palo or Remy, a couple of snacks from room service, or the snacks right outside of the theatre. All else has already been paid for in the cruise fare. And it's very, very yummy, Rosie. You can have as much as you want- you can order 2 entrees, or 3 desserts. We always order something extra to share from either the appetizers or the entrees, because it is SO hard to decide!!

AND- free Mickey Ice Cream bars! But it's not listed anywhere- you just need to remember to ask at dinner or from Room Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
You need to change to April 13th on the Wonder and bring my future son-in-law Tyler.
Oh....I SOOOO wish I could! It would be sooo nice to meet you, so nice to bring Tyler, and the airfare would be SOOOO much less!!! I did look at going on the Wonder- but price wise, it was worse because of airfare, hotel & transport to the pier- in Port Canaveral, I can stay at WDW on points the night before- I'm going to try for OKW, since I have only been once and the points are low to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
Awesome that you are going to do a cruise with just Timmy. I'm guessing Tyler has baseball. How many hours are you going to gain on Friday? I wanna stow away and go with you. I hate this post vacation blues thing. But hey only 200 some odd days until the Dis moms ride again.
Yea- and next year Timmy will play high school baseball, too- so that's why I want to go away with Timmy so badly!
Hawaii is 6 hours behind us- so when we finally get to Kauai at 8pm- well, it's gonna feel a whole lot later than that! But it's worth it!!

Here's a link to a webcam at Hanalei Bay Beach- we'll be there on Sunday and Monday....http://www.balihai.com/Blog/kauai-hd-webcam/

Last edited by podsnel; 08-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #429
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

That is so cool, a cruise with alone time with Timmy! So sweet!

I, too would rather do Hawaii, but El Cheapo probably wouldn't spring for that trip! Besides there is that quite long plane ride! I don't like to fly & that trip doesn't appeal.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #430
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So excited for both of you!!!!

I will probably miss your big send-off so ALOHA!!! Have a fabulous time!!!

Last edited by MAGICFOR2; 08-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.
MAGICFOR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:25 AM   #431
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Nice updates ladies!!!! That spa special looks like such a nice treat! Of course sounds like Kara had a nice treat, too! I'm thinking your quiet port day was because it was Sunday? It seems people in the Island places are quite religious. on Sunday.

Your Peas and Carrot cruise is going to be so fun!!! You'll even have a little Rose to sweeten up the place!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #432
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom
That is so cool, a cruise with alone time with Timmy! So sweet!

I, too would rather do Hawaii, but El Cheapo probably wouldn't spring for that trip! Besides there is that quite long plane ride! I don't like to fly & that trip doesn't appeal.
Yea- it's a looooong and expensive flight- 10.5 hours to Honolulu- what's saving us cost wise is I was able to use miles for all of our flights. As I recall, coming home from Italy was not much shorter- sometimes you have to suck it up to see something worthwhile on a trip!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #433
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2
Nice updates ladies!!!! That spa special looks like such a nice treat! Of course sounds like Kara had a nice treat, too! I'm thinking your quiet port day was because it was Sunday? It seems people in the Island places are quite religious. on Sunday.

Your Peas and Carrot cruise is going to be so fun!!! You'll even have a little Rose to sweeten up the place!
Thanks for the aloha!! I'm going to Hawaii tomorrow!!!!! Yipppeeeeeee!

We were in Nassau on a Monday- turns out it was election day- so maybe we'll have to drag drea off the ship to have a cocktail next year since we never did before- think she'll want to do that? Have a cocktail? Lol.....
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #434
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii! And have a Happy Anniversary. What a way to spend it!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #435
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here's a link to a webcam at Hanalei Bay Beach- we'll be there on Sunday and Monday....http://www.balihai.com/Blog/kauai-hd-webcam/

There's someone walking on the beach in the dark with a flashlight

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: