Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #346
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Oh to be in Pink heaven! Lucky you!

I will look for Nuvo the next time I visit a liquor store. I'm working on a bottle of Cherry Liquor at the moment!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #347
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

We drank it straight up, chilled. Very refreshing!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #348
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Totally caught up!

Good thing you guys didn't get too far ahead of me! It's nice to finally have some time to myself again...to chill....read...DIS!

Glad to see everyone's arrrival went off without a hitch. You guys got a great start in Epcot, MK and DHS. Do the DisMoms ever go to DAK? Not sure I recall you guys ever being there...?

The meal at Sanaa looked very intriguing. I'm not sure I have an adventurous enough palate to eat there. Maybe someday you gals can take me!

Of course you loved the missing virgin so much- she's made of CAKE!

Look at you gals resort hopping to Jambo- you've got mad skills...did you get those from me?

El, I am jelly of your Jambo GV. I would ask which week in November but I suspect I know. If you are wrapping a weekend at all let me know... would love to come and join you at a dinner or something. We won't have a spare park ticket though, we'll only have one day left at that point and it is for Xmas MK....so it'd have to be a resort or DTD. Or you can cook for us in your GV!

Crazy Flower Cart Flashing Rita Pin People? I'm gonna leave that one right there.

Wine bar? Italian ditch? This must be new.

Lonnie!

Kara you do know I am reading this at work...at 2 AM...and everytime I start cracking up someone comes back to look at my screen to see just which flower bed and/or topiary you are molesting. Just FYI.

LOVE all the group pics! The one in San Angel only has one thing missing.... ME!

Speaking of pics I also love that the amount of alcohol consumed is equal and proportionate to the blurriness of the pictures. Someone could do a thesis on that.

Drea don't feel bad, I didn't get ITSK at first either but as soon as she posted it it was a forehad slap DUH moment!

Cammie is really quite talented with that tongue.

Timmy is 5'8"?!?!?!?!? Whoa!

I think Sav might want dibs on Tyler. Just sayin. Just what you need - more crazy future in laws
It could be a double wedding. Could. You. Imagine....

Quote:
Those two were sooooo gross! I mean, really, there are no little Mickeys or Minnies so I had NOOOO idea they did that????
Oh Kara. Of course you didn't. And we all know why. *cough*Harlot*Minnie*cough*cough*

Aww..LOVE the introduction! Sniff. Sniff.

Quote:
And while this seemed to be a GREAT area in the beginning, it quickly became known as the 666 deck.
Oh, I can't wait for this one....

Quote:
Can't wait to see how you all fit in one cabin! Cozy!
I ain't gonna lie. That's the real reason I can't go, not Ron. Between the 666 Deck and the Gas Chamber cabin you'd have if I were there...it would be a very dangerous endeavour! LOL! Plus I don't think I'd fit on one of those bunks. How DO you guys do it? Maybe it doesn't matter so much when you are passed out?

(OK It really is Ron) but hey....

Quote:
C'mon in Virgins!

OK I LOVE that look on Cammie's face. Like "I have to squeeze in this tiny place for the next four days AREYOUKIDDDINGME?!?!?" LOL. Cammie, why aren't you going next year?? LMAO

And Joan's face just says "What have I gotten myself into?!?!"

Quote:
It was all working out JUST GREAT....until that silly CM got involved and told them to put their lifejackets bac
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Classic!

Quote:
I was SOOO excited!! No injuries this time, I would be up on deck with Mickey instead of in the bowels of the ship with Doctor Bricker!
Oh I am so glad! When I think of that incident all I can visulaize is the tens (hundreds?) of DOTD's pouring down the drain- all that you could have had with the $$$ those X-Rays cost! )

Quote:
the Fantasy would have a similar setup for our NYE cruise in a mere 522 days.....
WAIT...WAIT....WHAUUUUUUTTTT???

522 Days? So you are talking Dec 31, 2013 into Jan 1, 2014?!?!?

GASP! I can DO THAT! ooooooooh!

(AS Ron completely has a heart attack)

***ETA never mind, I can't. CAN YOU BELIEVE THOSE PRICES? Ouch.

Quote:
Kara - Love your vacation song! Can I get it on itunes?
I will be recording it with my phone and using it as her ringtone! (As Kara proceeds to call me NEVER! LMAO)

Quote:
OHHH dont we have an AFT next yr... we need SIGNAGE lol
I have been told (or like read on here or something ) Disney will not permit banners, etc. But I can't see them doing anything about hand held signs. Besides- by the time they notice it will be too late!

What room are ya'll in? We have 7192 and have heard HORRIBLE reports about it. I'll let you know in September.

Round these parts Nuvo is not a pretty pink French alcohol, it is a Dance Convention. I'm anxious to try the "other " Nuvo!

And on with the show!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report

Last edited by nenner1; 07-28-2012 at 02:49 PM.
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #349
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
We drank it straight up, chilled. Very refreshing!!!
Good to know. I think I need to go back and get me some of that!
Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #350
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Not sure if you can see this but we had a sign on our cruise in March that we hung over the side of the ship during sailaway. We were, I believe on Deck 7, aft, in a HA room. Someone from our group had this room and it had a big verandah that we were all on during sailaway. In fact I am standing by the sign, when looking at it it is on the right side. I know it is not the best picture so I hope you can see it. We had a blast!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:57 AM   #351
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsnel View Post
DREA!! Thank-you SOOOOO MUCH for posting all of that!! I kind of thought we were waving and dancing constantly- I guess we were WAAAAAY off on where that Fish Lips camera was! Kara and I did the curly- I mean, cupid- shuffle until our feet bled, I think.... Although, Kara & I were doin the curly shuffle the rest of the trip, so...... Anywho.....
aww no one joined in with you.

Wasn't he just sucking face with someone else a little while ago? That mouse sure gets around....
just like his hussy, maybe he's just getting even with her huh Kara LOL

Kara is 1000% correct- this bar, Pink, was the girliest bar I have EVER seen! The complete opposite of a sports bar. We LOVED it here. And it's true, I was in Nirvana sitting in that champagne alcove. We also saw 687-
687 ???

Sizeable damage was done in the shops- all of us made purchases, I believe they had 35% or so off D&B bags- so I got a new wristlet (a Dream one in white), the ship bead, a ship bead for lonnie (who apparently is NOT afraid of a charm bracelet), a sparkly bead for myself (yea, I got 2!!).....it was a very satisfying shopping experience!
NICE I love a deal

The theatre was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!
so are the top deck balcony's for concierge or anyone?

Then it was back to the stateroom, to finish getting ready (I guess) and open a little something we were all DYING to try, that I had purchased the day before in France-

WOW!!!!!! That stuff is DA BOMB!!!! I think Nuvo is going to have to be a cabin staple from now on!
OHHH they have a lemon sherber.. or sorbet lol too ive had that one and its delish

Drinks in hand, we sauntered off to our first dinner- at Animator's Palate. Gee....I sure do hope we can see Crush from where we're sitting....

NEXT!!!

I have this visual of 4 chicks with drinks swankering up to their table like YUP were the dismoms bring on the Turtle! lol (you should be in my head it hilarious LOL)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post

I love that Drea's pics we can actually find you! Too cool! Also, Fishlips is a pretty decent place to grab a meal after a long day at the beach.
Sadly with all the DisFriends I have met I have gotten really good at copy & pasting pics while pretending to work, dreaming that someday I will be on one.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
Now Ellen, you can't post too much and get ahead of my while I'm in SAN FRANCISCO!!!! So excited but will miss the TR!!!
from your fb picks you are finding all the good places. have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
I stopped on my way home tonight to pick up some wine and was looking at that Nuvo. Is it something you drink straight or mix with something? It definitely sounded interesting.
both, i had the lemon plain as a sample taste then my friend mixed it with vodka YUM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #352
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I plan ot get a drink fro Pink this fall. It was on my to do list...and time just ran away and I never made it.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #353
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Hey everyone!!! Please forgive me for lagging behind- and not responding to all athe replies right now- but I want to get an update in before we leave for my MIL's in Florida later today. Not sure she has internet, but if she does, I will definitely update while we are there, too!

Our first dinner was in Animator's Palate, and we are all REALLY excited to see it- but we had heard that Crush doesn't talk to everyone anymore, and that if you are not near the wall, you have no chance at all with that turtle.

Dude.

We're the DISmoms.

There was nothing to worry about, because we were sat front and center for Crush!

It was TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!

Please forgive my pics, they are a little light-

We started with bread-

And were happy to meet both of our servers- whose names I can't remember!! I guess I need more than a 4 night cruise to be good with names!

As we waited for our first course, the totally righteous turtle himself appeared!

And began talking to the turtle dudette with the green shell!

OK- I seriously have to say- that both Joanie & Kara were a little star struck! They were a bit....speechless!

And if you now Joanie and Kara- well, speechless is just not how I would EVER decribe them. Except for when they are talking with a totally righteous turtle dude.

And then it was my turn to be star struck- when Crush said he would pose for the dudette in the blue shell with that flashy thing. And he POSED for me-

TOTALLY AWESOME, DUDE!!!!! COWABUNGA and all that!!!

It was excellent interacting with Crush- that's for sure. Especially because we were the only table in our area to have this experience.

DISmom mojo ROCKS!!!!!!

It was time for dinner- I believe Joanie ordered this- Blueberrilicious Tequila, Fresh Blueberries, Passion Fruit Juice, Triple Sec, Sour Mix

Not our favorite drink of the trip. However, MY personal favorite app of the trip was coming up- Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes Pasta Purse filled with Truffle scented Cheese and coated with a delicate Champagne Sauce

YUMMMMM....that was FABULOUS! Some others had Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist Served with Parmigiano-Reggiano

And Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Garnished with Chives and drizzled with Sour Cream

Cont'd next post-
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #354
podsnel

Someone else tried Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup With Bacon Bits and Chives

Also, there was Curly Endive, Arugula and Watercress Salad Sliced Peaches, Toasted Almonds and tossed with a Sherry Vinaigrette

And Vine Ripe Tomato Salad Bell Peppers and Onion Brunoise topped with Micro Greens and Herb Dressing

Then our main courses. I had Grilled Pacific Black Cod With Sautéed Morel Mushrooms on a Yellow Split Pea Purée and it was very, very good.

There was alsoAnimator's Trio of Veal Grilled Tenderloin, Pulled Shank and Tortellacci Pasta with a Sun-dried Tomato and Sage reduction and garnished with a Potato Crisp

Our main server was a riot!

For dessert-Sweet Temptations A Trio of Crunchy Walnut Cake, Pineapple Financier, and Lemon Mousse

I'm not big on dessert, so I can't tell you much about that. I CAN tell you, however,that after dinner in AP, it's time...to DANCE!

Do you notice anything? Like......no one else is really dancing except for us and one other table???

Maybe that explains why the dance floor was so empty at night- no one else has any MOJO!!!

Or maybe they're all just a little intimidated by our dancing abilities....

Oh- you're gonna have to wait a loooooong time to find out about that.

But it's DEFINITELY gonna be worth the wait!

Our funny, funny server, whose name was ROLAND!! (Thank goodness for name tags and clear photos and reading cheaters!!!LOL!!!), was entertaining us all with his first AMAZING magical feat of the trip!

What talent!!!!

I think Kara is STILL trying to figure out how he did it- bless her heart!

OK- I have to finish packing....I'll see ya real soon!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #355
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

they were speachless? Holy moly the universe must have stopped...lOL

have a good time on the trip

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #356
podsnel

Yes- speechless- look at their faces- you would have thought it was george clooney asking them out by their expressions, lol!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 AM   #357
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great update! I agree, they do look speechless, for once. The look on Kara's face is just like "how on earth do you say something witty and clever to a turtle?"

I love the butter knife and the little animations on the plates! When we were on the Magic this spring I don't remember them having such cute eating utensils!

Love love the dinner specialty cocktails! We ordered one just about every night. They were all so well themed to the meals, and usually quite tasty and refreshing!
Old 08-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #358
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

i got to see Joanie today!!!

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #359
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Have a safe & fun trip!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Wicket's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: