Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 07:04 AM   #331
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

We stopped to meet our new friend Selami.... and all I could thing was "salami...salami...bologna...." I have no idea where that came from but it's stuck in my head even now!

Still don't know what the drink was called, but it tasted like a java milkshake.....

Oh Miss Ellen please take me to see my ride for next year!!!!

And...... don't ya wish your girlfriend was HOT like me.... cause it was like 115 that day!!!!!

And that will be a cruise with the INLAWS so stay tuned for a fun filled trip report!!!!

Back to our girls for.....

Is it just me or can none of these poor cruise directors in training DANCE?? And how is it possible to work on a cruise ship and be so pale???? These are the thoughts that go through my head on a daily basis.... It's tough being me.

"Hey look, it's the DISMOMSSSSSSSSS!"

Now we got some dancers.... nothin like a dancing squirrel, er chipmunk....

Sailaway party was much different than on the Magic - it was like 4 or 5 different little vignettes, one for the big cheese and Minnie, one for Goofy, one for Daisy, one for Donald, and one for the squirrels. Kinda weird actually...... And speaking of weird, this ship is sooooo large and smoooooooth that we were already off the dock and halfway to the Bahamas before we realized we were moving!!!

OK, maybe not THAT far, but we were practically making the turn for open water before we knew it..... Maybe sailaway started early?

And it was time for the DISmoms to get our shuffle on to wave to the Fishlips camera for Drea to see!!!!!

Thank you for posting those shots Drea!!!! I have them somewhere but can't find them!!!!!

As soon as sailaway was finished we decided to head back to our cabin to get cleaned up (DISmoms were a bit shiny by now..... ) and continue to explore this big beautiful ship. 4 women getting ready in one cabin?

Forget about it......... Actually, no problems at all. We were ready to go in no time!!!!

On the way back to our cabin.....

The atrium lobby chandelier

Absolutely breathtaking!!!!

Looking down.....

Let's check out the District, the Dream's adults only entertainment area (after 9pm.... during the day they have lots of family activities here!).....

Someone just found Nirvana.....

We were in Pink, the champagne bar and the most girliest place EVAH!!!! We loved it here!!!!

Don't worry, there will be LOTS more of Pink to come!

Time to dress for dinner! Uh, no, you can't come with us for this. We'll be back AFTER we get dressed. Shut the door now....

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #332
kid-at-heart
DIS Veteran

"Shut the door", isn't that the name of a game that was played by fisherman back in 18th century? Oh, wait, I think it may have been called "Shut the Box". Maybe there is a song or something called Shut the Door - or take your hat off or something. I am rambling.....

kate
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 07:59 AM   #333
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

What a great sailaway party you had. Looks like wonderful weather for the day. And you guys are so ornery! Poor Joan and Cammie and their life vests. But it was a good laugh!

Loved the song Kara! My only problem would be my DH wouldn't let me go on a cruise without him. No way. He loves to cruise so. . . . . . I will just live my no DH trip through you guys. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Keep up the great job!
Old 07-25-2012, 09:50 AM   #334
CRdisMom
DIS Veteran

LOVE IT ....btw I was home watching and BAWLING I missed you guys.

CRdisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:23 AM   #335
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I love that you made it for the camera!

I heard that the Dream party is different than the other ships. I just will need to try them all some day!
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #336
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

We stopped to meet our new friend Selami.... and all I could thing was "salami...salami...bologna...." I have no idea where that came from but it's stuck in my head even now!
is that how you really pronouce it too?

Still don't know what the drink was called, but it tasted like a java milkshake.....
eww hot weather and cream just doesnt sound good for me

And that will be a cruise with the INLAWS so stay tuned for a fun filled trip report!!!!
now that should be fun. Does Jeff's dad make up poems too? lol

"Hey look, it's the DISMOMSSSSSSSSS!"
your famous but then again ya already knew that!

And it was time for the DISmoms to get our shuffle on to wave to the Fishlips camera for Drea to see!!!!!
and yet.. not one wave looked like yall were deep in conversation..

Thank you for posting those shots Drea!!!! I have them somewhere but can't find them!!!!!
my pleasure! .. really it got me out of working for like a good 30mins LOL ok an hour I milked it shhhhhh

As soon as sailaway was finished we decided to head back to our cabin to get cleaned up (DISmoms were a bit shiny by now..... ) and continue to explore this big beautiful ship. 4 women getting ready in one cabin?

Forget about it......... Actually, no problems at all. We were ready to go in no time!!!!
did yall have the split bath.. one thing I missed on the Carni

Someone just found Nirvana.....

and it went like this .. AHHHHHHH

We were in Pink, the champagne bar and the most girliest place EVAH!!!! We loved it here!!!!
loving it!

ohh love the decor that makes it look like tiny bubbles on the ceiling!!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #337
AB6876
Mouseketeer

I just started reading your trip report and it is hilarious! So much fun to read. I have read a few of the others too, but usually after completion. Great report looks like you all had a blast!

AB6876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #338
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB6876 View Post
I just started reading your trip report and it is hilarious! So much fun to read. I have read a few of the others too, but usually after completion. Great report looks like you all had a blast!
We did have a blast!!!! Can't wait for next year!!! So glad you caught up to us early this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
ohh love the decor that makes it look like tiny bubbles on the ceiling!!
It's so beautiful in there!!! And yes, Selami is pronounced salami.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I love that you made it for the camera!

I heard that the Dream party is different than the other ships. I just will need to try them all some day!
That's what I'm thinking!!! I've done the Magic and Dream, have a ressie on the Fantasy, so now I'm trying to figure out how to work in the Wonder!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRdisMom View Post
LOVE IT ....btw I was home watching and BAWLING I missed you guys.
Missed you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
What a great sailaway party you had. Looks like wonderful weather for the day. And you guys are so ornery! Poor Joan and Cammie and their life vests. But it was a good laugh!

Loved the song Kara! My only problem would be my DH wouldn't let me go on a cruise without him. No way. He loves to cruise so. . . . . . I will just live my no DH trip through you guys. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

Keep up the great job!
Oh it was so funny!!!! If you could have seen them when the CM told them they didn't need it and Ellen and I about fell on the floor laughing!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid-at-heart View Post
"Shut the door", isn't that the name of a game that was played by fisherman back in 18th century? Oh, wait, I think it may have been called "Shut the Box". Maybe there is a song or something called Shut the Door - or take your hat off or something. I am rambling.....

kate
Kate, step away from the computer.... you are a ramblin fool.....

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #339
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

DREA!! Thank-you SOOOOO MUCH for posting all of that!! I kind of thought we were waving and dancing constantly- I guess we were WAAAAAY off on where that Fish Lips camera was! Kara and I did the curly- I mean, cupid- shuffle until our feet bled, I think.... Although, Kara & I were doin the curly shuffle the rest of the trip, so...... Anywho.....

As Kara Jean said, we went inside after sailaway-

Wow, was that chandelier magnificent!! Mickey was busy welcoming everyone onboard-

Wasn't he just sucking face with someone else a little while ago? That mouse sure gets around....

And we had to visit the District-

Kara is 1000% correct- this bar, Pink, was the girliest bar I have EVER seen! The complete opposite of a sports bar. We LOVED it here. And it's true, I was in Nirvana sitting in that champagne alcove. We also saw 687-

Really, though, we were in search of some shopping- the last two cruises I have missed out on getting the little ship charm for my bracelet- and we were not about to let THAT happen again. We passed Preludes...

right outside of the WD Theatre, and Joanie was happy to see all the Tinks!

Sizeable damage was done in the shops- all of us made purchases, I believe they had 35% or so off D&B bags- so I got a new wristlet (a Dream one in white), the ship bead, a ship bead for lonnie (who apparently is NOT afraid of a charm bracelet), a sparkly bead for myself (yea, I got 2!!).....it was a very satisfying shopping experience!

We went up to the cabin and got ready for the Welcome Aboard Show (or do I have it backwards, and we got ready after? Hard to recall....) It was the Golden Mickeys, and I was excited to see it for the first time, having missed it on previous cruises-

The theatre was beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!

A good show, but not the BEST show of DCL...

Then it was back to the stateroom, to finish getting ready (I guess) and open a little something we were all DYING to try, that I had purchased the day before in France-

WOW!!!!!! That stuff is DA BOMB!!!! I think Nuvo is going to have to be a cabin staple from now on!

Drinks in hand, we sauntered off to our first dinner- at Animator's Palate. Gee....I sure do hope we can see Crush from where we're sitting....

NEXT!!!

podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #340
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
It's called hazing and it's totally legal in 49 states.... one of which is wherever the DISmoms happen to be!!!!

I drink a bottle of water for every DOTD... keeps me ready to go!
That's a great idea! Maybe I will start doing that. For some reason anytime I start the morning off with sangria, it means an early night for me.... no matter how many times I've practiced!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #341
Beth D
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Good to know that you're staying hydrated Kara! Now can I guess that dinner will start off with some yummy bread to absorb all the goodness and keep you going strong for the evening!

I love that Drea's pics we can actually find you! Too cool! Also, Fishlips is a pretty decent place to grab a meal after a long day at the beach.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #342
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

And here's another great update!
I am glad you enjoyed all my favourite places on the DREAM - Pink, 687 .... did I miss Skyline or haven't you made it there yet?

Love the pink drink from France!

Now, I wonder if crush will have the time to stop by your table. He sure did take the time to talk to Tom!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #343
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
That's a great idea! Maybe I will start doing that. For some reason anytime I start the morning off with sangria, it means an early night for me.... no matter how many times I've practiced!
Sangria for breakfast is FINE! I mean, it's fruit! How can fruit be bad???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
Great updates! Good to know that you're staying hydrated Kara! Now can I guess that dinner will start off with some yummy bread to absorb all the goodness and keep you going strong for the evening!

I love that Drea's pics we can actually find you! Too cool! Also, Fishlips is a pretty decent place to grab a meal after a long day at the beach.
We plan to eat at Fishlips next year the night before our Freedom of the Seas cruise, and we can watch the Fantasy sailaway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
And here's another great update!
I am glad you enjoyed all my favourite places on the DREAM - Pink, 687 .... did I miss Skyline or haven't you made it there yet?

Love the pink drink from France!

Now, I wonder if crush will have the time to stop by your table. He sure did take the time to talk to Tom!
Skyline? Hmmm, I vaguely remember it..... Let me just say by the end of this TR you will think our stateroom number was SKYLINE!!!! And Crush? Talk to US? Why would he do that????

Old 07-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #344
karajeboo

Now Ellen, you can't post too much and get ahead of my while I'm in SAN FRANCISCO!!!! So excited but will miss the TR!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #345
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...0Dream/517.jpg

I stopped on my way home tonight to pick up some wine and was looking at that Nuvo. Is it something you drink straight or mix with something? It definitely sounded interesting.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: