Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #301
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post

Fisheye! Fisheye! What movie is that from????
Hot Shots, I believe.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:27 PM   #302
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Hot Shots, I believe.
I believe you are correct! But I honestly didn't know, that's why I asked! I just remember (was it Jon Cryer that kept saying it???) "Fisheye! Fisheye!"

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #303
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe you are correct! But I honestly didn't know, that's why I asked! I just remember (was it Jon Cryer that kept saying it???) "Fisheye! Fisheye!"
Yes - poor guy had horrible eyesight, character's name was Washout but he had fisheye lens glasses.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:08 PM   #304
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

You all do know I am here, right? Reading along? Oh yes...yes I am!

Even If I can't go on next year's cruise I am still hoping to come live it up with you in the park. Just fair warning. You have time to change your dates now that I've blown in my intentions.

OK, I have to open more pages so I have plenty to read while I am at work. They already know I'm crazy so my inappropriate uncontrollable guffawing at your adventures doesn't raise an eyebrow, even at 2 AM!

PS- I am thinking about making Ron a deal....if I do not leave work early AT ALL EVER between now and the cruise in May maybe he will finally relent?

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 PM   #305
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Well, not that I really get a vote, but I say YOU'VE GOT TO SWITCH! Someone has to verify all of the crazy adventures these gals get up to ... or perhaps, someone has to commiserate with their DHs!!

And FWIW, gotta say how much I love Tokyo.
If it was up to just me I would switch. I am planning the trip for a group of 4 couples including my wife and I. But if we pass the Fantasy at Castaway Cay I will yell out.

Tokyo is great and I know WDW is the ultimate Disney destination, but none of it compares to Disney SEA.

Now back to the research...these are the wines that have been sent to me over the last 3 weeks and don't include the actual individual bottles. 3 australian, 2 california and 2 Yamanashi(Japan ) wines that I actually had to buy.

Just anAustralian example.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #306
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post
If it was up to just me I would switch. I am planning the trip for a group of 4 couples including my wife and I. But if we pass the Fantasy at Castaway Cay I will yell out.

Tokyo is great and I know WDW is the ultimate Disney destination, but none of it compares to Disney SEA.

Now back to the research...these are the wines that have been sent to me over the last 3 weeks and don't include the actual individual bottles. 3 australian, 2 california and 2 Yamanashi(Japan ) wines that I actually had to buy.

And if we pass the Dream we will yell out, too. Now let's talk wine.....

Oh, my.....

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #307
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Wine Party this Sunday...open invitation to any Dismom....must show proof of age at the door.

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
tokyodisneydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:08 AM   #308
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1

Even If I can't go on next year's cruise I am still hoping to come live it up with you in the park. Just fair warning. You have time to change your dates now that I've blown in my intentions.

OK, I have to open more pages so I have plenty to read while I am at work. They already know I'm crazy so my inappropriate uncontrollable guffawing at your adventures doesn't raise an eyebrow, even at 2 AM!

PS- I am thinking about making Ron a deal....if I do not leave work early AT ALL EVER between now and the cruise in May maybe he will finally relent?
Dooooo itttt! I still havent broke the news to E yet lol waiting till closer to my bday, anniversary and Xmas lol
Old 07-22-2012, 10:55 AM   #309
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Just a little bump
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #310
karajeboo

Quote:
Wine Party this Sunday...open invitation to any Dismom....must show proof of age at the door.
Well DANG! I'd have to get a fake id.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
Dooooo itttt! I still havent broke the news to E yet lol waiting till closer to my bday, anniversary and Xmas lol
Everytime I mention it, Jeff raises his eyebrow at me..... I just say, "yeah, whatever. I'll buy you a shotglass from Nassau....."

Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #311
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch101 View Post
subing...can't wait to read more.
Hi Stich101! Thanks for joining us!

Quote:
My cruise is 529 days and 5hours away but who is counting. Lol

Not to worry in the meantime I will be testing wines on a regular basis....just to be prepared u know.
I find that to always be a good plan. There is one wine imparticular that we will mention that is VERY VERY VERY hard to come by- I had it during our special champagne tasting....it was THE MOST AMAZING champagne, and it is available around the world, but only in high-end resort areas. Of which I guess Disney Cruiseline is one... it's called....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
From what I remember it was not hot on our cruise. We were there in March. The weather was really pretty good. We were a double dip at CC and the first day was absolutely perfect but the second day was really rough with winds. We didn't even think we would be able to get docked. But the captain did an excellent job and got us docked.

Looks like you are having a wonderful day so far on the cruise. Can't wait to see how dinner went.
Dinner was a BLAST!!! we were SPECIAL, of course....

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Love the fishy lens pix !!!! Great Update and lots of ummm male pix
Thanks Rosie! And thanks for the bump, too!

Quote:
Dedication and Training right there!!!!!
I would expect no less from YOU, DISmom in training!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Getting caught up on all the TR's today, I really want to go on the Dream! It seems like such a beautiful ship! That Quiet cove pool area looks so pretty, i can see how it would be hot though, doesn't seem to be much in the way of shade, same with the concierge area. But they both have nice seating.

That drink looks like one that is one of my faves called a BBC. (A pina colada with Banana and Baileys) I like fruity and frozen type drinks on vacation and LOVE that drink on a cruise.
I don't think this was called a BBC, but it was still yummy!
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #312
podsnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Dah Dah Dah Dah - I can just see it coming. I hope there's a video!

Crazy that with all the planning and experience, they would have a design on the Dream that would keep it so hot and breeze-less. It seems like the Dream would be well suited for an Alaska cruise. I wonder if the Fantasy is the same way?

That's what I kept on saying- this would be AWESOME in Alaska!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglets Mommy View Post
I am loving your TR so far! We will be on the Dream in Feb, so I'm trying to read all I can about it. You ladies are a hoot! Thanks for the laughs! You will make the time pass a little faster.....
Hi Piglet's mommy! Thanks and welcome to the insanity!

Quote:
I am indeed on the NYE cruise for 2013-2014....It is also my 45th birthday as the ship leaves on my birthday. BUT unfortunately I am on the DREAM that sails on the 29th....there is some Debate though about changing over to the Fantasy. I will be in WDW 2 days before and 4 days after our cruise.

I will post a picture of my newest order that came in yesterday of wine...if I can figure out how.....Of course just for research.
Well...THAT'S no GOOD!!! You are on the wrong ship!! Coming all the way from Japan? Do it up! Join us on the Fantasy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertraveller View Post
Well, not that I really get a vote, but I say YOU'VE GOT TO SWITCH! Someone has to verify all of the crazy adventures these gals get up to ... or perhaps, someone has to commiserate with their DHs!!

And FWIW, gotta say how much I love Tokyo.
Exactly!! You can verify everything!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Ooooh I am longing for the ship!!!

I did tour the Vibe last summer......very cool.
I am longing for a ship, too- our friends that we cruised with last summer are in Europe on Celebrity Silhouette, and I have to say- I am REALLY longing for that ship right now- they keep posting on FB everyday telling me how much I would love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

Whatever you can work out- I am glad we will at least see you in the park!

Quote:

And we will yell back. Some of us are quite LOUD so you will ABSOLUTELY hear us!

Yea- I truly hope I get to see Sea one day....

Oh my.....do you know I don't recognize even one of those bottles- I wonder if Japan gets different wines than the US?

Quote:
Damn! Missed another one!! I hate it when the private jet is being waxed all weekend!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #313
podsnel

Quote:
Well HURRY UP!

Quote:
Well DANG! I'd have to get a fake id.....

Everytime I mention it, Jeff raises his eyebrow at me..... I just say, "yeah, whatever. I'll buy you a shotglass from Nassau....."
I have completely worn Pods down- he just kind of gets a tiny nervous twitch now when I tell him where I'm going...or where he is.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #314
podsnel

It was time for Muster- so we headed back to our cabin. To find out where exactly we had to go for the drill.

Oh! And also to get Joanie & Cammie's life jackets.

Because, as I explained to them, only on your FIRST cruise do you have to wear life jackets.

For when they put you in the lifeboat and lower you down into the water.

Which Kara assured them was not THAT scary. They drop you down so fast, it's over before you know it.

And then you're done, because this only happens on your FIRST cruise.

It was all working out JUST GREAT....until that silly CM got involved and told them to put their lifejackets back.

Boy, did I get in that CM's face about THAT!

OMG...that was HILARIOUS!!!!!

The CM was giggling, too-

But Kara & I were

Good times.

Our muster was inside, in the Buena Vista Theatre where they show all the amazing movies (we never saw) during the cruise. It was beautiful in there.

The way the drill works here is that they call out your cabin number, and someone in your cabin replies with the number of guests in your cabin. So, when they say "7072" we say "four!".

Or in our case, FOUR!!!!!!

Did I mention we were LOUD sometimes??? Well...this was one of them. It was pretty funny. Largely due to the fact that all the other cabins were saying "four" when it was their turn.

Good times.

Anywho.....

We finished up there, and headed up to the Sailaway party (I was SOOO excited!! No injuries this time, I would be up on deck with Mickey instead of in the bowels of the ship with Doctor Bricker!). But Kara and I detoured to visit-

I'm kind of sad my kids will never get to experience this-it was so cool in there!

In no time at all, we were up on deck 12, ready to GO!!!!!!

Back in a minute with a few vids- I need to upload-

Old 07-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #315
podsnel

Sailaway was EXCELLENT!!! I just could not believe that we were FINALLY cruising together!! And I was out of my MIND excited for Cammie & Joan- a first cruise is SO special (life vest or not!).

click to play-

Miss Kara made up a little song to commemorate the occasion-

That Miss Kara- she CRAZY!!!

We made sure to be right up by the rail for when we were sailing past the Port Canaveral webcam, so I hope you saw us! Kara and I were busy dancing, as I recall- the first of many Cupid Shuffles......

Up next- let's explore the ship!! We are on a CRUISE!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: