Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 PM   #1441
gwynne
DIS Veteran
 
gwynne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,776

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznygrl

We're not expecting a call...in the "cheap standing area"...LOL..for Oct 6th..
See ya'll there, I will be the one in my comfortable black dressy Crocs....
Comfy, cute shoes, good choice. We are all going to have an amazing time!
__________________




TY Kook
Trip planning is half the fun! Ad astra per aspera ~Ginny~
gwynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #1442
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne

Comfy, cute shoes, good choice. We are all going to have an amazing time!
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but is there a thread listing the Dissers who are attending events?
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2, W&D 2014




[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #1443
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,270
DISboards Moderator

There is one on the main Restaurant board. I have asked that meet information and personal scheduling not be posted in this thread as it is for Festival information.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2976758
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #1444
sunnygal041
DIS Veteran
 
sunnygal041's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: 1.5 hours south of Florida Mickey
Posts: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
There is one on the main Restaurant board. I have asked that meet information and personal scheduling not be posted in this thread as it is for Festival information.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2976758
Thanks!
__________________
2013, DL 1/2, 2013, TOT 2013, W&D 2013, Tink 2014
GSC 2014, 2014 WDW 1/2, W&D 2014




[url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url
sunnygal041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:57 PM   #1445
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne
 
CandleontheWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,222

What are the chances that there will be a soft opening on Thursday? I think I remember one last year. Would the public be able to purchase things from the booths or is it just for CM and press. We'll be around all weekend, but I'd love a head start on eating my favorites!
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #1446
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998
 
DVC4US's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,761

Couple of questions for PFTS experts!

It's been several years since I've been to PFTS and the reserved seating and WVL is new to me. We have always done the "running of the bulls" to find a table. By the time we figured out we would be there for F&W all the reserved seating was sold out so we only have general admission.

Are there tables for the general admit folks or is it standing only - hopefully at high top tables at least? Is it still a mad dash for the tables? Taking 4 people who have never been to PFTS so I want to at least know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the help!
__________________
LeiLani
DVC4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:23 AM   #1447
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,270
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
What are the chances that there will be a soft opening on Thursday? I think I remember one last year. Would the public be able to purchase things from the booths or is it just for CM and press. We'll be around all weekend, but I'd love a head start on eating my favorites!
There's one every year. It's a "cast preview" but anyone can purchase. Not every booth may be open, and they may not be serving every item.

Quote:
Are there tables for the general admit folks or is it standing only - hopefully at high top tables at least? Is it still a mad dash for the tables? Taking 4 people who have never been to PFTS so I want to at least know what I'm talking about.
Can't say for sure, this is the first year they have done the non-WVL reserved seating. I am assuming at least there will be high tables for the general admission to prop their food, but as to whether there will be tables and chairs, and how many? Can't say until the first party on October 6.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 AM   #1448
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!
 
Ms. WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bronx, NY, USA
Posts: 3,320

Forgive me if this has been addressed but I'm limited in the amount of time I can spend here....the nerve of my boss!!!

Is there a pdf of the festival guide available yet? I thought I saw one and now I can't find it.

Thanks!!
__________________
Linda - Dreaming about her "Happy Place".


Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #1449
WeeVee
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. WDW View Post
Forgive me if this has been addressed but I'm limited in the amount of time I can spend here....the nerve of my boss!!!

Is there a pdf of the festival guide available yet? I thought I saw one and now I can't find it.

Thanks!!
This is what they are calling the Festival Guide this year.
WeeVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:09 AM   #1450
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p
 
gometros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 7,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeVee View Post
This is what they are calling the Festival Guide this year.
SO, no listing of food kiosks and menus. Shame.
__________________
Sandy / @SandyCanetti / DVC '96
gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #1451
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,270
DISboards Moderator

Disney's pre-released "guide" usually doesn't list the booths and menus. That is not the same guide pamphlet they will give out at the Festival itself. The ones you pick up at Epcot generally have a WS map and menus. And there are still no prices available for the booths. There is a map and list on

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...ths-and-menus/

We should be seeing photos of the booth menu boards by Thursday if not before.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #1452
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!
 
Ms. WDW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Bronx, NY, USA
Posts: 3,320

Thanks everyone for the information. I can piece together exactly what I need!!
__________________
Linda - Dreaming about her "Happy Place".


Ms. WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #1453
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p
 
gometros's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 7,464

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
Disney's pre-released "guide" usually doesn't list the booths and menus. That is not the same guide pamphlet they will give out at the Festival itself. The ones you pick up at Epcot generally have a WS map and menus. And there are still no prices available for the booths. There is a map and list on

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...ths-and-menus/

We should be seeing photos of the booth menu boards by Thursday if not before.
I saw that. Not at all printable in a usable format. I have something from last year that had a map and all the booths, which was a PDF of the map they provided at the festival. I was hoping somebody would provide a copy of that, but I guess it's tough when you're going the first day.
__________________
Sandy / @SandyCanetti / DVC '96
gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #1454
wvaspartan
In Stitch's Kingdom
 
wvaspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Charles Town, WV
Posts: 124

Anyone catch this on the cover of the Festival Guide? What the heck does this mean?

September 28 – November 12, 2012
Sunday-Thursday 9:00am-9:00pm,
Select Friday-Saturday 9:00am-10:00pm
9/29, 10/6, 10/13, 10/20, 10/26,
10/27, 11/2, 11/3, 11/9

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...guide-2012.pdf
wvaspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #1455
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: US
Posts: 1,208

Any update on the booth menu prices and dinning credits? Or do we still have to wait for later this week?

nevermind just saw the post above. Hopefully we'll see them soon.

Last edited by kddisney502; 09-25-2012 at 03:43 PM.
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: