Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #1381
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

Eve, you will be fine in nice park clothes at the Italian lunch. We usually do something a little nicer than shorts and tank tops!

PFTS you will see everything. You do want to be comfortable. DH has worn dockers and a button front shirt, I usually wear my chicos travel pants with a sparkly top. Black, of course.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #1382
Figment43
Mouseketeer

I have been to WDW around when the F&W Festival was going on, but never really participated before.

What are the portion sizes like for the dishes at the kiosks? And what have the prices been like for those over the last couple years? Would $30 per person per day on the gift card be an accurate estimate, or should I plan on adding more than that?

Forgot to mention, I don't plan on drinking alcohol. If anything, I may have one drink. But I have to drive, so no Drink Around the World for me.

Figment43 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #1383
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment43 View Post
I have been to WDW around when the F&W Festival was going on, but never really participated before.

What are the portion sizes like for the dishes at the kiosks? And what have the prices been like for those over the last couple years? Would $30 per person per day on the gift card be an accurate estimate, or should I plan on adding more than that?

Forgot to mention, I don't plan on drinking alcohol. If anything, I may have one drink. But I have to drive, so no Drink Around the World for me.
Here is a link to all the food offered last year as well as the prices.

http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw11/2011-e...rketplaces.htm

Photos here: http://allears.net/tp/ep/fw11/2011-e...l-photos-2.htm

$30 pp without alcohol might just do it!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #1384
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

There's some updated info on Disney Parks Blog regarding this year's festival:

Quote:
The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will return to Walt Disney World Resort Friday, Sept. 28, and preparation is already flowing at a fast pace behind the scenes.

Here’s a look at just how two of our chefs are adding character to this year’s event.
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...how-about-you/

Only 16 more days until the festival begins!

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #1385
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

crazy4wdw, thanks for the link to the good laugh! But that guy cutting the apples is no chef!

My trip is soooo far away, not getting there until Halloween. Looking forward to hearing the reports.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #1386
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Chase visa lounge at f&w

Does anyone know more info about this? Is this something new this year? Sounds like it could be interesting!

Relax in the Chase Lounge at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.1

As a Disney's Visa® Cardmember, you'll receive access to this private location, reserved exclusively for Chase debit and credit Cardmembers, during the Epcot®*International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.
The Chase Lounge gives you and your Guests a chance to rest and relax during the Festival. Also enjoy a refreshing beverage during your visit.
The Lounge is located on the second floor of the Festival Center at Epcot® and is open 9am – 7pm each day during the Festival.
Present your Disney's Visa Card to gain access to the Lounge. (Epcot® admission is required.)
Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.
Experience a world of fine cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.
See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover's paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical performances and so much more.
Plus, as a Cardmember, you can enjoy amazing Theme Park perks every day at the Walt Disney World® Resort. To learn more about your year-round perks, click here.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #1387
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwfanatic316 View Post
Does anyone know more info about this? Is this something new this year? Sounds like it could be interesting!

Relax in the Chase Lounge at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.1

As a Disney's Visa® Cardmember, you'll receive access to this private location, reserved exclusively for Chase debit and credit Cardmembers, during the Epcot®*International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase. The Festival runs from September 28 to November 12, 2012.
The Chase Lounge gives you and your Guests a chance to rest and relax during the Festival. Also enjoy a refreshing beverage during your visit.
The Lounge is located on the second floor of the Festival Center at Epcot® and is open 9am – 7pm each day during the Festival.
Present your Disney's Visa Card to gain access to the Lounge. (Epcot® admission is required.)
Be sure to visit the Lounge to find out about special benefits you can receive throughout the Festival.
Experience a world of fine cuisine at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival presented by Chase.
See the World Showcase transform into a food-lover's paradise, with over 25 regional marketplaces, offering a sumptuous selection of ethnic and regional dishes. Explore the cuisine, culture and entertainment from more than two-dozen countries and six continents. You may also experience culinary demonstrations, nightly musical performances and so much more.
Plus, as a Cardmember, you can enjoy amazing Theme Park perks every day at the Walt Disney World® Resort. To learn more about your year-round perks, click here.
This sounds pretty cool Where did you find the info??

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:24 AM   #1388
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Sounds cool! Anyone else know about this? Did they have this last year?

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 49 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #1389
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Considering how many cardholders they have the Private statement seems doubtful
OrangeCountyCommuter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 08:39 AM   #1390
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:

haven't heard about this, but i'm excited!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:56 AM   #1391
Meredisney
DIS Veteran

Location: "second STAR to the right, and straight on 'til morning"

Quote:

Where did you hear about this?

Future:
Disney Dream - 05/15/13

Completed:
Disney Dream Charity Preview Cruise - 01/21/11
Carnival Dream - 07/31/10
Disney Wonder - 11/05/09
Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas - 03/30/09
Celebrity Solstice - 11/21/08 charter pre-inaugural 2 day cruise to nowhere
Disney Wonder - 11/01/07
Caribbean Princess - 9/24/05
Carnival Fascination - 11/08/04
Disney Magic - 03/27/04
Disney Wonder - 10/02/03
Disney Wonder - 5/16/02
Meredisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #1392
tony67
I always get odd looks when I put mayo on my fries
Ask for Pepe - "The Master"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredisney View Post
Where did you hear about this?
It is on the Chase site

If you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always depend on the support of Paul.

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.”

Be seeing you.
tony67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #1393
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Here's the link:
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/epcotfoodandwinesept12
I think the following line is interesting:
Translation: As of now, we don't know what the benefits will be, what we'll come up with something.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:17 PM   #1394
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The Chase Lounge gives you and your Guests a chance to rest and relax during the Festival.
Thanks for posting this info!

I'll have to check it out during my upcoming October trip.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #1395
raraavis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horace Horsecollar View Post
Here's the link:
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/epcotfoodandwinesept12
I think the following line is interesting:
Translation: As of now, we don't know what the benefits will be, what we'll come up with something.
thank you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: