Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #1351
carlabellaxox
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie05 View Post
YAY! got through and got the sweet seats for the 3DDD . Of course after a 50 min wait.
Hey Ellie05!!! I will also have Sweet Seats that night!!! So excited!!! We did the same thing last year for my 21st and loved it!!!

carlabellaxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #1352
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

Just out of curiosity -- did anyone book an Italian Regional Luncheon for Saturday, September 29? When I called back on August 14, the CM at first told me it was booked b/c it was showing unavailable, but after talking to her supervisor, was told that it was not actually being offered on that day (even though the listing had it for Wed/Sat during F&W -- no exclusion for the first Saturday). I had asked the CM to search for it like 5 times while we were on the phone booking other things before she relayed the info (I assume it wasn't to just get me to stop asking here to try again!). That was the one event I really wanted to do, so I was really bummed that after being on hold for 30 minutes that morning, it had already booked. I felt a little better knowing that it hadn't even been offered.

I booked a Tequila Luncheon instead, so it all turned out fine, but I was just curious if anyone else had been told the same thing.
BrerNashville is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #1353
BrerNashville
DIS Veteran

So, what's up with the Andrea Robinson wine school on the 30th? It's already sold out? I made ressies back on the 14th, but that was one I didn't think would fill up, given the expense.

We did a wine school back in 2010, and it was fabulous -- the master winemaker for Conundrum was the presenter, and he walked us through creating the right Conundrum blend by having us mix pure chardonnay, sauvignon blanc, muscat, etc. It was very cool. But it wasn't close to being full, as best as I could tell.
BrerNashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #1354
kddisney502
P: What's the problem with Goofy?
L: Wish I knew, he's fine with Pluto.

F&W wrist gift card

Can I buy them ahead of time outside of Epcot? Do you pay extra for the wrist strap?

I'm not finding them available online. I've heard they have pool themed ones at the water parks, but we're not going there. I would rather not stand in another line just to get a gift card. Thanks!
kddisney502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #1355
Dancind
Tinkerbell's Mom
just full of pass questions
Onward and Downward!

You can stop at any shopping booth or store in Epcot and get them. No need to buy them early, it only takes minutes.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #1356
kikiw
Earning My Ears

I can't believe with one episode left I just found out who won Hells Kitchen by reading the first post I'm super excited to attend the festival for the first time and sample all the yummy food. I'm worried I'm going to use up all of our snack credits though lol.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #1357
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiw View Post
I can't believe with one episode left I just found out who won Hells Kitchen by reading the first post I'm super excited to attend the festival for the first time and sample all the yummy food. I'm worried I'm going to use up all of our snack credits though lol.
Are you talking about post#1 on this thread?? DaSilva-season 5 and Harper-season 3 are from previous Hells Kitchen competitions. I was at a PFTS a few years ago that Harper attended. His food was good, as I recall.

You'll have fun at the festival, enjoy!
Old 09-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #1358
garada3
DIS Veteran

Pour Sizes

How big are the pours at the F & W booths?

Are there different sizes? If there are different sizes, is the smallest pour large enough to share, understanding that more than one sip is needed to fully appreciate the selection ?

Same size for all beverages or do they vary from stand to stand?

Thanks for your help!
garada3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:58 AM   #1359
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiw View Post
I don't know how you did that, I wrote the first post and I don't even know.

The people listed in the first post are PAST winners (or runner ups) who will be appearing at the festival.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #1360
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garada3 View Post
How big are the pours at the F & W booths?

Are there different sizes? If there are different sizes, is the smallest pour large enough to share, understanding that more than one sip is needed to fully appreciate the selection ?

Same size for all beverages or do they vary from stand to stand?

Thanks for your help!
They will vary according to what you purchase. Wine is about an ounce. Ice wine is usually smaller. Champagne will be a bit larger. Beer can be sold in 6 oz, 12 oz or 22 oz. Beer that comes in bottles will usually be available only as 12 oz.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #1361
kikiw
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I don't know how you did that, I wrote the first post and I don't even know.

The people listed in the first post are PAST winners (or runner ups) who will be appearing at the festival.
yep Im an idiot lol. I saw a man and a woman and for some reason thought it was this years season. I just figured it aired earlier in the States so you all knew already oops. Thanks for all the work you put into the thread. The plan for us is to just stick to the booths and things that are included in the epcot admission, for this year anyway. I have major issues I can't seem to stop looking at food pictures.
Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #1362
TDC Nala
Diet Coke on Ice or Else

DISboards Moderator

It airs on Monday...I'll miss it, they don't show it on the cruise ships. It's not a Disney channel.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #1363
PatriciaH
I want to be an Imagineer!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...pecial-events/

"Pixar fans, meet John and Nancy Lasseter at a new Signature Dining event just added to the roster at the Food and Wine Festival! Citricos lunch on October 19th...$130/person. Call 407-WDW-DINE to book."

"Citricos: October 19 $130 (Pixar fans! John Lasseter and his wife Nancy will present their California wines at this 12:30 lunch. Chef Philip Ponticelli will pair Lasseter wines with seasonal cuisine.)"
78 Off Site, 89 Off Site, 93 Caribbean Beach, 94 Wilderness Lodge, 94 Caribbean Beach, 96 Dixie Landings, 99 Port Orleans, 00 Disneyland Hotel, 01 Coronado Springs, 02 Coronado Springs, 02 Port Orleans FQ, 03 Animal Kingdom Lodge, 03 Marriott DT Disney/Wilderness Lodge, 04 Animal Kingdom Lodge/Disney Wonder, October 04 Living in Celebration and loving it! 05 Paradise Pier/Grand Californian, 07 Disney Wonder, 07 Grand Floridian, 08 Yacht Club, 08 Adventures By Disney Viva Italia/Knights and Lights/DL Paris, 09 Grand Floridian, 09 Candy Cane Inn/1st D23 Expo, 09 Polynesian, 10 Summer Nightastic, 10 F&W's 15th, 11 Candy Cane Inn/DL/DCA, 11 D23 Scavenger Hunt, 11 Wilderness Lodge/F&W/MNSS/HHN/MVMCP/15th Anniversary Trip, 11 Xmas Trip, 12 WD Family Museum/DL Hotel, 12 F&G, 12 Sept Trip, 12 Wilderness Cabins/F&W/HHN/Fall Trip, 13 January WDW Trip, 13 Paradise Pier/DL/DCA/Cars Land, 13 Sea World/Universal/WDW, 13 Disney Dream/F&W, 14 HHN/F&W
224+ out of 224:
PatriciaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:19 AM   #1364
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Magic of Healthy Living Dinner?

Did anyone attend or hear anything about the Magic of Healthy Living dinner last year?

I know...who wants to think about healthy living/eating while on vacation??

I am not especially (at all ) interested in healthy eating and am even less interested in a special event without wine but do really like the chefs (the Voltaggio brothers from Top Chef a few seasons ago and Andrew Zimmern) and would be curious to hear thoughts on last year's event.

Thanks!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:33 AM   #1365
Brocktoon
21st Century Schizoid Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriciaH View Post
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...pecial-events/

"Pixar fans, meet John and Nancy Lasseter at a new Signature Dining event just added to the roster at the Food and Wine Festival! Citricos lunch on October 19th...$130/person. Call 407-WDW-DINE to book."

"Citricos: October 19 $130 (Pixar fans! John Lasseter and his wife Nancy will present their California wines at this 12:30 lunch. Chef Philip Ponticelli will pair Lasseter wines with seasonal cuisine.)"
We've already got tickets reserved for the Lasseter Family Winery demo on 10/16. Nancy Lasseter is presenting at the Demo. I wonder if John will make an appearance at the demos? He may just come in later in the week for the dinner, but I wouldn't mind seeing John in person at the demo!

Next Trip: Food & Wine Fest: 10/23 - 10/31 2014
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice

- Neil Peart
Brocktoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: