Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #1306
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I can understand about the pairings and such, but when you're shelling out (not just "deposits", but payment in full) over $100 for an event, there should be some type of cancellation policy in place in case something unexpected happens. I doubt people would buy 10+ spaces at $270 a pop (at least I know I wouldn't be able to afford it!) Just thinking out loud....that being said, I did book reserved seating for PFTS, and will do everything in my power to be there, but there's still the big "What if?" I'd hate to think someone would be sick and take the chance of infecting everyone, because they paid for the event and didn't want to waste the money because they couldn't cancel it.
Trip insurance?

Honestly, if you have concerns like this then perhaps you should buy it. It would generally cover the cost of "non refundable" events you couldn't attend if your trip was cancelled for a "covered" reason.
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 AM   #1307
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone. For now we're just going to keep planning on going and hope that we'll close on the house sooner and there won't be any delays! If we do need to try to cancel, I'll post again to let everyone know the outcome.

Luckily we don't need to worry about the hotel (room only) or flights since we're local and just have the hotel so we can booze it up.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #1308
MaryJ
Believes in Tag Gremlins, not Tag Fairies
Has unstinky Crocs

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
Got it! My PFTS says 7:15 too, so that is reserved seating I believe. Yeah! Thanks
Does the reserved seating get admitted early? We have done the WVL the last three years, and we were always admitted at 7:15, 15 minutes before the general admission. When I made my reservation for the WVL this year, I was told again that we would be admitted at 7:15 and that general admission is at 7:30.
Old 08-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #1309
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets

Yes, according to Disney both WVL and reserved seating guests are admitted entry at 7:15 and receive a specialty cocktail.

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #1310
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

This might have been asked before so I apologize if it has but I this thread has gotten rather large since I stopped following it over the past few days.
Anywho, I got a reservation for my wife and daughter for a culinary demonstration. I know I have to be there to pick up the tickets since I bought them, but I was wondering exactly how this works. Basically what I am wondering is, when do I pick up the ticket? Does it have to be that day? What time that day? Can I get it earlier? I am just trying to plan out some stuff, and if I have to be there it isn't a big deal, but we hadn't planned on being in Epcot on the day of the demonstration. Ideally I would like to get the ticket the day before when I planned for us to be there.

Of course if I have to go back I wouldn't mind since epcot is my favorite park, although I might end up spending more money that way because I am sure I will make another lap around the booths while they are in the demo.

We went to a wine and cheese pairing a few years ago but I don't remember exactly how it works. I remember we got a ticket and then went directly to the line.
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #1311
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
This might have been asked before so I apologize if it has but I this thread has gotten rather large since I stopped following it over the past few days.
Anywho, I got a reservation for my wife and daughter for a culinary demonstration. I know I have to be there to pick up the tickets since I bought them, but I was wondering exactly how this works. Basically what I am wondering is, when do I pick up the ticket? Does it have to be that day? What time that day? Can I get it earlier? I am just trying to plan out some stuff, and if I have to be there it isn't a big deal, but we hadn't planned on being in Epcot on the day of the demonstration. Ideally I would like to get the ticket the day before when I planned for us to be there.
You pick your tickets up at the festival welcome center which is in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion (between Universe of Energy & Mission Space). You can only pick up tickets for events that you have reservations for on that day. They don't distribute tickets for the demos/wine tastings in advance. However, you can pick up tickets for all of the demos that you have reservations for on that day. I believe the festival center opens at 9:00 am when the park opens.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #1312
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

If you want to share which events you booked (other than the deminars, as there are too many times and dates to post in one thread), I've started a thread here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2976758
Old 08-17-2012, 09:41 PM   #1313
magicmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala
Welcome to the 2012 Epcot Food and Wine Festival thread. The Festival is scheduled to take place September 28 - November 12 (Disney announced via the Disney Parks Blog that the festival would be extended a day to November 12. Per wdwent.com, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy will perform an Eat to the Beat concert on the 12th.)

The date for booking special ticketed events is August 14. The booking date for seminars and demos is August 10 for annual passholders, DVC members and Tables in Wonderland members. Discounts may be available on weekday seminars/demos. Deminar costs are $11/$14.

Quote:

SOLD OUT TICKETED EVENTS LISTED ON WDW WEBSITE AS OF 8/15/12 (NOT INCLUDING DEMINARS)
All Marketplace VIP Access Chef Tours
Signature Dinners: Brown Derby on 10/1 and 10/25, Jiko on 10/12
Italian Regional Luncheons (apparently all of them)
Italian White Truffle Lunch on 11/4

Information from the Food and Wine Team (thanks Sally for reporting)

Quote:

Friday August 10 at 8am, the Culinary Demonstrations, Beverage Seminars, and Mixology Seminars will be available to book through the DRC agents at 407 939 3378 (407 WDW FEST) (phone line only) for TIW members and Annual Passholders. DVC concierge hosts will book for DVC members

Tuesday August 14 at 7am all programs will be available to book through the DRC agents at 407-939-3378. In addition, only the Culinary Demonstrations, Beverage Seminars, and Mixology Seminars, and General Admission for Party for the Senses and 3D Dessert Party will be bookable online. Please visit www.disneyworld.com/foodandwine.

DVC, TIW, AP, and Golden Oak residents will get a $2.00 discount on Culinary Demonstrations, Beverage Seminars, and Mixology Seminars held Monday through Thursday. No discounts on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays.

BOOKING ONLINE

REMINDER: ONLY THE CULINARY DEMONSTRATIONS, BEVERAGE SEMINARS, MIXOLOGY, PARTY FOR THE SENSES GENERAL ADMISSION, 3D DESSERT GENERAL ADMISSION CAN BE BOOKED ONLINE. You must call for 3D Sweet Seats or PFTS reserved seating/Wine View Lounge.

Go to this site:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/reservations/dining/

Choose the "Dining Event" button under "Make a Reservation."
Choose the event type you want from the dropdown menu labeled "Select an Event."
Enter the date and time of your event. You can choose "anytime" and see multiple entries (note: sometimes ALL the offerings do not show up, use the exact time if you know which one you want)
SPECIAL TICKETED EVENTS

Here is the link to the Disney Food Blog's report on the special events for 2012, released 7/28/12.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/0...wine-festival/

THE 2012 FESTIVAL EVENTS BOOKLET is posted at Posts 504 and 505.

Links to the Seminars and Demonstrations (popularly known as Deminars) at the Festival Center:

Culinary Demonstrations
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...naryByDate.pdf

Beverage Seminars
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...rageByDate.pdf

Mixology (cocktail) Seminars
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...logyByDate.pdf

WORLD SHOWCASE KIOSKS
World Showcase kiosk menus on the Disney site, no prices yet
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/par...l/marketplace/

SWAN/DOLPHIN FOOD AND WINE CLASSIC

For those interested, here is the event website for the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic, October 12-13. This is a separate event, not affiliated with the Epcot festival.
http://www.swandolphinfoodandwineclassic.com/

This thread is for discussion of the 2012 Food and Wine Festival only. Please, no discussion of regular restaurant reservations, possible meets, or off-topic chat.

By popular demand, here is the list of ways you may pay for items at the Food and Wine Festival Marketplace Kiosks:

Quote:

- Cash
- Credit or debit card
- Disney gift card (including the wristbanded special Festival gift card)
- Disney resort key card with charging privileges
- Disney Visa reward dollars

Although it is not at this time official for 2012, we are antipating that Disney Dining Plan snack credits will be accepted for all items with the exception of alcoholic beverages.

The first post is where the links to festival information will be placed!

Disney Food Blog has a 2012 information page:
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012-e...wine-festival/

They have information on the new Vegan Marketplace, and the Raglan Road Signature Dinner which is already scheduled for October 4.

TIMES FOR EAT TO THE BEAT CONCERTS 2012: 5:30, 6:45 and 8 PM.

Here is the Eat to the Beat Concert lineup:
Night Ranger September 28-30
Sugar Ray October 1-3
Starship Starring Mickey Thomas October 4-7
Boyz II Men October 8-10
Smash Mouth October 11-12
Javier Colon, winner of “The Voice” October 13-14
Air Supply October 15-17
Gin Blossoms October 18-19
Survivor October 20-21
Hanson October 22-23
The Pointer Sisters October 24-25
Sister Hazel October 26-28
Billy Ocean October 29-31
38 Special November 1-2
Howard Jones November 3-4
Blues Traveler November 5-6
Dennis DeYoung, original member of STYX November 7-8
Big Bad Voodoo Daddy November 9-12

For information on the 2011 festival, see reviews at
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2011-e...#2011fwreviews

wdwinfo 2011 Festival information:
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/guide...ents/index.htm'

CELEBRITY CHEF NOTES FOR CULINARY DEMOS: Find your Favorites
These are only the ones I recognize, I can add more.

Cat Cora, 10/2 and 10/3
Jamie Deen, 10/6 (2 sessions)
Hollis Wilder (Cupcake Wars), 10/6 (be careful, she's using pork)
Jeff Henderson (The Henderson Project), 10/8
Tony Mantuano (Top Chef Masters), 10/11
Ingrid Hoffman (Food Network), 10/12
Grayson Schmitz (Top Chef Texas), 10/12
Paula DaSilva (Hell's Kitchen runnerup), 10/15
Robert Irvine, 10/25 (always good for a show)
Gale Gand, 10/27 (listed as using pastry)
Rock Harper (Hell's Kitchen winner), 11/1
Buddy Valastro (Cake Boss), 11/6 (2 sessions and listed as "savory," don't expect cake)
Warren Brown (Food Network), 11/10

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #1314
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Just to chime in on the whole "cancellation policy". Last year we had booked several hundred dollars worth of F&W non cancelable events. Because we live on the West Coast and had to cancel our entire trip, they were supposedly able to cancel our events and refund our money. The problem was that we paid with Disney gift cards and did not keep the gift cards once we had booked the events.

So somewhere out there in a landfill are some Disney gift cards worth $7-800. If you booked with a credit card and have a reasonable cancellation well in advance of the event, they might give it to you. We had a serious medical situation, so severe that it is still lingering and is threatening my rebook of the trip a year later. I have about three more weeks to see if I need to cancel this one too with not penalty, so we didn't book any events this year.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 02:38 AM   #1315
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxsDad

You pick your tickets up at the festival welcome center which is in the old Wonders of Life Pavilion (between Universe of Energy & Mission Space). You can only pick up tickets for events that you have reservations for on that day. They don't distribute tickets for the demos/wine tastings in advance. However, you can pick up tickets for all of the demos that you have reservations for on that day. I believe the festival center opens at 9:00 am when the park opens.
that is kind of what I thought. we were going to be in dhs that day and I had planned on having an "off" night with some down time but their demo is at 5, so I guess I will have to adjust.

thanks for the confirmation.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android
Old 08-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #1316
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
that is kind of what I thought. we were going to be in dhs that day and I had planned on having an "off" night with some down time but their demo is at 5, so I guess I will have to adjust.

thanks for the confirmation.
Don't know if you have your own transportation, but you could go by Epcot when it opens @ 9:00 am and pick up the tickets and then head over to DHS.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #1317
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
Don't know if you have your own transportation, but you could go by Epcot when it opens @ 9:00 am and pick up the tickets and then head over to DHS.
Yeah, we will have a rental car so that is doable, but I wouldn't want to miss opening at DHS. Was also considering running over during the day, or stopping by on the way back to BLT, or like I said just heading back over and hanging out in epcot while they are at the deminar.

I have a few options, and a couple of months to figure something out. I think I will just play it by ear and see how the day is going, just thought if I could pick up the tickets in advance it would be a little easier, but in the end it isn't a big deal.

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #1318
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Just to chime in on the whole "cancellation policy". Last year we had booked several hundred dollars worth of F&W non cancelable events. Because we live on the West Coast and had to cancel our entire trip, they were supposedly able to cancel our events and refund our money. The problem was that we paid with Disney gift cards and did not keep the gift cards once we had booked the events.

So somewhere out there in a landfill are some Disney gift cards worth $7-800. If you booked with a credit card and have a reasonable cancellation well in advance of the event, they might give it to you. We had a serious medical situation, so severe that it is still lingering and is threatening my rebook of the trip a year later. I have about three more weeks to see if I need to cancel this one too with not penalty, so we didn't book any events this year.

You won't be canceling.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:56 PM   #1319
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post

Sending Pixie Dust your way for a magical and fun trip. I really hope you don't have to cancel.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:22 AM   #1320
miamimama
Fan of the Hurricanes - Carolina and Miami

I feel like as long as we have elderly parents who tend to become ill unexpectedly, we can't risk booking any pricey non-refundable events. We've had to cancel our trips several times, and are very thankful for SW air and DVC !
2003....................POFQ
2006....................Boardwalk
2006....................SSR
2007....................BWV/BCV
2008....................BWV
2009....................SSR/BWV
2010....................VWL/BWV
2011....................SSR/BWV
2012....................BLT/BWV
miamimama is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: