Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #1201
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I'm talking specifically about the Disney gift cards. If you already have a Disney gift card, you can't use it to fill another Disney gift card. This came up a lot last year, because those who had purchased Disney gift cards as part of a bonus program at home wanted to transfer them to the wristbanded cards.

What I am not sure about is if you can transfer to a gift card from a KTTW account. If you can do that, use your KTTW card to fill the wristband gift card, and then use the other gift cards to pay off the KTTW at the resort. All I've ever used is a credit card so I'm not sure.
Yeah, that's why I wondered if it would work if you used a Visa gift card. But if that has fees then it's a lost cause. Some of the Amex gift cards do. The ones I had were work bonus cards with no fees, but they didn't give me the "amount remaining" which is why I moved them to Disney so I could track
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #1202
musicmantrs
Mouseketeer
 
musicmantrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lubbock, Tx
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
What I am not sure about is if you can transfer to a gift card from a KTTW account. If you can do that, use your KTTW card to fill the wristband gift card, and then use the other gift cards to pay off the KTTW at the resort. All I've ever used is a credit card so I'm not sure.
This may be the way to do it, as long as you can buy the gift card with KTTW I know you pay your KTTW balance with GCs if you go in person. Thanks for the great idea!
__________________
Fort Wilderness Cabins - 1995, POP All Star Music - 2001, Contemporary - 2001, Off-site Disney World - 2003, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2004, Contemporary - 2005, Contemporary - 2008, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2011, Off-site Disney World - Mar. 2012, CBR - Nov. 2012
musicmantrs is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-14-2012, 01:28 PM   #1203
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I'm talking specifically about the Disney gift cards. If you already have a Disney gift card, you can't use it to fill another Disney gift card. This came up a lot last year, because those who had purchased Disney gift cards as part of a bonus program at home wanted to transfer them to the wristbanded cards.

What I am not sure about is if you can transfer to a gift card from a KTTW account. If you can do that, use your KTTW card to fill the wristband gift card, and then use the other gift cards to pay off the KTTW at the resort. All I've ever used is a credit card so I'm not sure.
this is a great topic as i was wondering the same thing! i'm surprised i wouldn't be able to buy a giftcard with a giftcard. seems like i should be able to. i plan to receive $250 in disney giftcards before our trip (though with my luck with new credit card sign up promotions, the giftcards will come after i go on vacation ).

so what you're saying is if you can't buy a f&W giftcard with a disney giftcard, you might be able to charge the f&w giftcard to your kttw and then pay your balance with the disney giftcard? i hope that's what you're saying because that would be perfectly fine for us! guess i need to go do some research.

kinda on giftcard topic, can you use disney giftcards to pay a balance on a a disney credit card??? this is my last resort if my giftcards don't come before we go to disney in late october.

thanks!
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:29 PM   #1204
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmantrs View Post
This may be the way to do it, as long as you can buy the gift card with KTTW I know you pay your KTTW balance with GCs if you go in person. Thanks for the great idea!
oops, i was in the middle of my last reply, so i didn't see your post. so you know for sure that this is an option???
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:36 PM   #1205
musicmantrs
Mouseketeer
 
musicmantrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lubbock, Tx
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by raraavis View Post
oops, i was in the middle of my last reply, so i didn't see your post. so you know for sure that this is an option???
I'll find out a little after you but I don't see why not. As long as you can buy the GC with a KTTW card then the hotel shouldn't care if you pay with one. Can anyone that has tried confirm this?

Thanks!
__________________
Fort Wilderness Cabins - 1995, POP All Star Music - 2001, Contemporary - 2001, Off-site Disney World - 2003, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2004, Contemporary - 2005, Contemporary - 2008, Off-site Disneyland/DCA - 2011, Off-site Disney World - Mar. 2012, CBR - Nov. 2012
musicmantrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:45 PM   #1206
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!
 
SMorgan711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: the second star to the right *
Posts: 433

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
Just because I was bored and don't want to work.

This is what I compilied as "sold out"

Party For the Senses
Reserved Seating sold out of 10/6, 10/20 and 10/27
Wine View Lounge 10/20

Brown Derby Signature Dinner 10/1

Italian Regional Lunch 10/3 and 10/20

3D Desert Party
Sweet Seats 10/5 and 10/26

(Not sure how long I will keep this up)
WOW! I can't belive the Sweet Seats sold out already! I'm glad I waited for 58 minutes this morning! LOL.
__________________
Samantha (28) DH (28) DMom DDad

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
SMorgan711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:16 PM   #1207
goodferry
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Ligonier, PA
Posts: 2,881

I am fairly certain that last year we had to pay cash or use a debit/credit card for the wristband gift cards. I do not think we were able to use our KTTW card to purchase them. I also didn't think they were all THAT convenient honestly. Not much easier than pulling a gift card from my pocket.
__________________
goodferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:18 PM   #1208
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!
 
Disbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Disney ~ South of Hockeytown
Posts: 2,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kteacher View Post
still on hold and online it looks like reserved seating for pfts for 10/6 is sold out already
*POSTED AT 7:17 AM.

Sorry, Kteacher if that was what you wanted to book. When I got through at 7:30 AM, my CM told me PFTS Reserved seating on 10/6 was still available. I had all of my credit card info in except for the 3 digit code, when I decided to renege. I am going with someone else and did not think about how we had to book together in order to get the same table... (I know! Duh! LOL!) Since I knew she was also calling, I did not want to double book!

We ended up calling back and booking the Wine View Room.
__________________

Last edited by Disbug; 08-14-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Disbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #1209
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4,853

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodferry View Post
I am fairly certain that last year we had to pay cash or use a debit/credit card for the wristband gift cards. I do not think we were able to use our KTTW card to purchase them. I also didn't think they were all THAT convenient honestly. Not much easier than pulling a gift card from my pocket.
I know I used my KTTW card last year to buy a gift card. Now I have no idea if that is actually acceptable or if I got the "clueless" CM
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 PM   #1210
Kteacher
Not your average kindergarten teacher
Judge Judy stole my iced tea!
REALLY good at keeping secrets
 
Kteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Ma
Posts: 5,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
*POSTED AT 7:17 AM.

Sorry, Kteacher if that was what you wanted to book. When I got through at 7:30 AM, my CM told me PFTS Reserved seating on 10/6 was still available. I had all of my credit card info in except for the 3 digit code, when I decided to renege. I am going with someone else and did not think about how we had to book together in order to get the same table... (I know! Duh! LOL!) Since I knew she was also calling, I did not want to double book!

We ended up calling back and booking the Wine View Room.
Thanks, luckily someone posted here that you could only book general admission for PFTS online. I remained on hold and was able to book reserved seating for 10/6 PFTS as well as 10/5 mixology and 10/7 tequila luncheon.

We did WVL the first two years it was offered after experiencing the running for the tables a previous year. Last year we just did general admission and really didn't miss WVL-no problem finding a table. It will be interesting to see what the set up is like with the middle tier pricing this year.
__________________
DXL '99, DXL '01, CR '02, CR '03, CR '04, CR '05, Poly '06 CR '06, CR '07, Poly '08,Poly June '09, Poly Oct. '09,Poly '10, Poly '11, Beach Club '12,Boardwalk '14

Kteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #1211
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!
 
Disbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Disney ~ South of Hockeytown
Posts: 2,690

Question

This will be our first experience with the WVL at PFTS. Would have been happy with the reserved seating, too.

QUESTION: When I got through at 7:00 this morning, I was told it would be a 30 minute wait, and it was exactly 30 minutes. Do you think it makes a difference if you pushed "1" for making a reservation within the next 7 days (or being in the Orlando area) vs pushing "2" for making a dining reservation for an upcoming trip? I pushed 2 and wondered if it would have been faster if I pushed the "1"??
__________________
Disbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #1212
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate
 
TDC Nala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far enough outside the Beltway
Posts: 59,266
DISboards Moderator

It makes no real difference what you push.

I got through right at 7, was given a hold time of 15 minutes, but I was on hold for 53 minutes. My friend got through at the same time, was given a hold time of 25 minutes, was on hold for 20 minutes.
__________________
TDC Nala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #1213
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!
 
Disbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Disney ~ South of Hockeytown
Posts: 2,690

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
It makes no real difference what you push.

I got through right at 7, was given a hold time of 15 minutes, but I was on hold for 53 minutes. My friend got through at the same time, was given a hold time of 25 minutes, was on hold for 20 minutes.
I think it would be an interesting poll, though. To find out if pushing one or the other extended (or shortened) your queue time! Same question with using WDW-DINE vs WDW-FEST.... Does it affect how you are slotted into the queue?
__________________
Disbug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:37 PM   #1214
muffy0110
disney vet
 
muffy0110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: leicester,ma
Posts: 572

2 the folks looking to use a gc to purchase F&W wrist cards-this happened to me last yr. DONOT go to just any booth to try to do this-as they will ALL tell you you can't. GO to guest relations ONLY-I ended up there by accident as I was so frustrated. Mabey things changed this yr but I will directly go there myself to purchase my wrist card
muffy0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #1215
raraavis
Mouseketeer
 
raraavis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast
Posts: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffy0110 View Post
2 the folks looking to use a gc to purchase F&W wrist cards-this happened to me last yr. DONOT go to just any booth to try to do this-as they will ALL tell you you can't. GO to guest relations ONLY-I ended up there by accident as I was so frustrated. Mabey things changed this yr but I will directly go there myself to purchase my wrist card
good to know! i just posted a new thread asking this question.
__________________
me (30)
DH (32)
raraavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: